Home

Home Runs in MLB The Show From 1996 to 2020

This is a discussion on Home Runs in MLB The Show From 1996 to 2020 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2021, 02:46 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Home Runs in MLB The Show From 1996 to 2020

Later today we're going to get a look at how fielding is changing in MLB The...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2021, 06:16 PM   #2
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Home Runs in MLB The Show From 1996 to 2020

Freddy Sanchez going plakata in MLB 09; we like it.

Wow, some of the lines Matty V had in that first MLB The Show 06 are still in use now. Not that there's anything wrong with that since they still work fine. It would be interesting if he keeps doing commentary for long enough, he might even start to sound older, then you'd have his current voice mixed in with his younger voice.
Old 03-19-2021, 08:26 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

man, that Scully kid sure sounded different before he turned 30. you gotta give credit to Vasgersian for one thing: it takes cajones to attempt to follow a legend.

as for the Show, it's Lou Gehrig and 989 is Wally Pipp

A Work in Progress
Old 03-21-2021, 01:16 AM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I remember back in MLB 99, I tried to create a player without a last name because I wanted the back of the uniform to not show a last name. Instead, they put "Murray" on the back of my shirt. First pitch at-bat, and I launched the ball 606 feet.

Later, I found out there was a cheat code where you could create a player named "Scott Murray," and if you make contact with power you would blast the ball 609 feet each time.

Why the three-foot discrepancy between creating the name for yourself and leaving it blank to fill in for you is beyond me, but that would be cool if they still had that in some of these games, haha.

Or it would have been cool if you could do the left-left-right-right-right-left-left cheat code with Ken Griffey Jr. the year he was on the cover, so he could point to the fence and whack it out. Missed opportunities, for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
you gotta give credit to Vasgersian for one thing: it takes cajones to attempt to follow a legend.
I Googled "cajones," and the top result I got was this:

Spoiler
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 03-21-2021 at 01:19 AM.
Old 03-21-2021, 01:53 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thanks for sharing, I am the creator of the video on the Video Games Evolution channel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2021, 10:00 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm really hoping in create-a-stadium you can create signage, would be great if you could pay homage in the Show with some well-placed 989 billboards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I Googled "cajones," and the top result I got was this:

Spoiler
tomayto tomahto
in any case it's enough to make you not want a Big Kahuna Burger lol

A Work in Progress
Old 03-21-2021, 10:51 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger

Wow, some of the lines Matty V had in that first MLB The Show 06 are still in use now. Not that there's anything wrong with that since they still work fine. It would be interesting if he keeps doing commentary for long enough, he might even start to sound older, then you'd have his current voice mixed in with his younger voice.
I'm certain one year recently Matt recorded lines with a cold or something, because there were a bunch of new lines that sounded different to all his others in the game.

In Madden this past year, Brandon Gaudin was clearly recording audio at his home (vs. an EA studio) for the commentary updates, as his voice sounded very different, too.
Old 03-21-2021, 01:06 PM   #8
Rookie

douggoud's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger

It's weird having played The Show since 06 and hearing his voice for so long and now I'm gonna have to hear him when I watch my Angels play. Which I'm completely fine with actually, pretty excited to hear him call games. I hope him calling games will give SCEA some content for him to record some excited calls for once. They've added some, but it really feels like a bit of a let down when you walk off in game 7 and all you hear is "Ballgame!" Instead of him going wild like with Rajai Davis' homerun in the WS.

"All Angels Go To Heaven"

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »