Home

Franchise Mode 2021 Edition

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode 2021 Edition within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2021, 02:00 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Franchise Mode 2021 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
The playoff eligibility rule is now corrected. As long as the player is on the 40 man by Sept 1 he is eligible for the playoff roster. No longer does the player have to be on the active roster.

Injured players prior to Sept. 1 and return after are now eligible, as they should be! Great news!
****ing finally

Quote:
Just found bug though where if a player comes off dl in playoffs, it won't allow them to be removed or added. They kind of disappear and you play short handed. Shows they are on the roster. I'll forward it on to the devs.

https://youtu.be/R5mgj5CxOaU
of ****ing course
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2021, 02:19 PM   #26
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Does the roster issue of not filling the 26 man after injuries happen even if 40 man rosters are full?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app
Yes after injuries they don't seem to replace the injured player.
Old 04-17-2021, 02:29 PM   #27
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRodgers1175
What are some of the contracts being handed out? I’m concerned because I saw a video where Lindor got 6/122, which, uh, is nowhere close to his actual deal.

Quote:
So i think for some reason there was a max of 31 million per year that a player can get. That being said, i saw like 6 or 7 ppl get the max during the first offseason. Story, correa, freeman, and multiple others. Another cool thing i saw was player and team options.

Question for you TA, how would you propose working that budget issue where every team has like 90 mil in the first offseason?
On the first post you can see Correa with a 6 year/ $186 deal. I've seen Judge and others sign for $275 mil. Pitchers contracts are much better balanced, for whatever reason SS are hit or miss. They actually seem to get bigger deals as they approach 30 which doesn't make much sense. It could certainly be tweaked a little, but is a HUGE improvement. The AAV of the deals appear to be 31 mil per year.

The additional money fluxuates as the years go by, I've seen teams in the hole a few years down the road. I think it is necessary to compensate for arbitration and free agency. It also allows for IN season trades. I'm not concerned with that.

Quote:
And what prompted you to say there is a fix on the way?
The fix is in regards to the not filling the active roster. And
Attached Images
File Type: jpg judge.jpg (45.3 KB, 406 views)
File Type: jpg freeman.jpg (45.7 KB, 401 views)

Last edited by tabarnes19_SDS; 04-17-2021 at 02:47 PM. Reason: added a couple examples
Old 04-17-2021, 02:33 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wow, I’m thinking about a purchase soon. This is encouraging.

Are all of these changes for both current- and next-gen?
Old 04-17-2021, 02:39 PM   #29
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRodgers1175
Wow, I’m thinking about a purchase soon. This is encouraging.

Are all of these changes for both current- and next-gen?
Logic changes are across platforms. The mode has not received the "Love" I would like, but these are big changes to people that play the mode. The devs are committed to fixing and improving the "core."

There are alot of quality of life improvements, I am happy so far! I will be even happier after a few of these issues are fixed.

I bought a X-Box X yesterday so now I can move my franchise from basement PS5 to living room XBox to bedroom PS4 pro.
Old 04-17-2021, 03:04 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
The playoff eligibility rule is now corrected. As long as the player is on the 40 man by Sept 1 he is eligible for the playoff roster. No longer does the player have to be on the active roster.

Injured players prior to Sept. 1 and return after are now eligible, as they should be! Great news!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I ran into an issue in a sim where a player who had been injured entering the postseason had healed up during the opening series. He should have been eligible to come off the IL and join the playoff roster before the next series, but he was just gone from the IL. On the roster menu, he couldn't be added to the playoff roster. So he was not able to be added back at any point.

Similar issue was happening last year.

EDIT--- saw your follow-up post. Nice.
Old 04-17-2021, 03:18 PM   #31
Just started!

OVR: 0

Is franchise trading broken?

I was able to make (didn't actually make them just had the other team agree) to some pretty wild trades.

Using the braves I offered the Angels ozuna, inciarte, and maybe some throw in minor league pitcher? Or either ozuna and Inciarte alone for mike trout and the Angels were good to go.

The Angels would never trade trout and definitely not for that.
Seems like you can go get anyone you want for little value lost.

Also haven't seen the morale page like some have posted. Hopefully it's gone. On 20 Freeman would get mad when I hit him 2nd in the lineup (where he actually hits) because he wasn't the "star". Then certain guys wanted a star spot who had no business wanting it. Hope it's gone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2021, 03:30 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

That Freddie Freeman signing is a little concerning, did the Mets do something with Alonso and Dom Smith?

I said I was going to stick with 20 and keep my franchise going but like I do every year I suddenly have the itch to purchase

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »