Home

Old 07-26-2021, 11:54 AM   #1
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15
WTH

Wavering waved I didn't sign up for this...
Jumping through hoops Taking guys off of waiver and putting them back on their teams I have to keep track of all the names I haven't got time for all this. Some people might enjoy this I just put in thousands of hours recreating my players setting them up in a lineup with the proper numbers and everything turns into Leftovers put in a pot to make soup.
Simplicity can be a beautiful thing I created Some nice stadiums that took time I created uniforms I created players 400 or more And my purpose was to have control of these players and lineups and numbers I have to leave the house right now and I've got 2 days of unscrambling to do Otherwise on a positive note I love this game but they should allow people that create rosters to have control.
I have to leave my playstation 5 on because I can't save the progress I've made I'll be gone for several hours with my machine running Maybe I'm doing something wrong I thought I had control of all 30 teams.
OK I'm frustrated I admit it Please help

Maybe if Season with carryover stats was offered it would give simplicity a chance.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran

Last edited by Scooter3; 07-26-2021 at 12:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2021, 02:57 PM   #2
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter3
Wavering waved I didn't sign up for this...
Jumping through hoops Taking guys off of waiver and putting them back on their teams I have to keep track of all the names I haven't got time for all this. Some people might enjoy this I just put in thousands of hours recreating my players setting them up in a lineup with the proper numbers and everything turns into Leftovers put in a pot to make soup.
Simplicity can be a beautiful thing I created Some nice stadiums that took time I created uniforms I created players 400 or more And my purpose was to have control of these players and lineups and numbers I have to leave the house right now and I've got 2 days of unscrambling to do Otherwise on a positive note I love this game but they should allow people that create rosters to have control.
I have to leave my playstation 5 on because I can't save the progress I've made I'll be gone for several hours with my machine running Maybe I'm doing something wrong I thought I had control of all 30 teams.
OK I'm frustrated I admit it Please help

Maybe if Season with carryover stats was offered it would give simplicity a chance.

Did you make sure everything was set to manual?

The big problem is they have now forced a 40 man roster on us when you start your franchise. A couple years ago you could set a 25 man roster and it would stick at the start of your franchise. Now it’s automatically kicks you to 40.

Not quite sure what your doing but with 30 team control you don’t have to worry about waivers if you use the roster control screen to do your player moves.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 07-26-2021 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-26-2021, 03:43 PM   #3
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Did you make sure everything was set to manual?

The big problem is they have now forced a 40 man roster on us when you start your franchise. A couple years ago you could set a 25 man roster and it would stick at the start of your franchise. Now it’s automatically kicks you to 40.

Not quite sure what your doing bit with 30 team control you don’t have to worry about waivers if you use the roster control screen to do your player moves.
How should I set roster control?

Mark Twain:

U.S. Army Veteran
Old 07-26-2021, 04:12 PM   #4
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Thank you How should I set roster control?

When starting your franchise you will see all the teams. Press SQUARE and it will check all of them.
Press the PAUSE button
G0 down to CPU ROSTER CONTROL....change to On
Force trades....on
Do you want designated hitter? Change to OFFif not
Extra inning runner...i assume OFF

PRESS X
3 screens....press SQUARE for coaching staff/manager tasks to MANUAL

Press PAUSE

SPRING TRAINING OR STRAIGHT TO SEASON. YOUR CHOICE..

This is where you are stuck with 40 man rosters. You can either reduce your rosters to 26 now, or wait. I recommend now as if you advance to opening day hard to tell who the AI will put on your ML teams.

Once you advance to the regular season you will see all the minors need fixin. Hit SQUARE to auto fix.

You’re now gonna have to go thru each teams lineups/pitching rotations, but you should have the original roster you wanted.

Typing with one finger....hope no boo boos.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:20 PM   #5
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Forgot....to avoid waivers, etc. all player movement should be done thru the CPU ROSTER CONTROL screen...not the ROSTER screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2021, 08:16 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
When starting your franchise you will see all the teams. Press SQUARE and it will check all of them.
Press the PAUSE button
G0 down to CPU ROSTER CONTROL....change to On
Force trades....on
Do you want designated hitter? Change to OFFif not
Extra inning runner...i assume OFF

PRESS X
3 screens....press SQUARE for coaching staff/manager tasks to MANUAL

Press PAUSE

SPRING TRAINING OR STRAIGHT TO SEASON. YOUR CHOICE..

This is where you are stuck with 40 man rosters. You can either reduce your rosters to 26 now, or wait. I recommend now as if you advance to opening day hard to tell who the AI will put on your ML teams.

Once you advance to the regular season you will see all the minors need fixin. Hit SQUARE to auto fix.

You’re now gonna have to go thru each teams lineups/pitching rotations, but you should have the original roster you wanted.

Typing with one finger....hope no boo boos.
To expound on this, when you advance from Spring Training to Regular Season, you MUST have your active roster trimmed down to 26 players for EVERY team you have on "Manual" control, or the CPU will send down players for you, and occasionally put players on waivers. I suspect this is what is happening.
Old 07-26-2021, 09:57 PM   #7
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OK thanks guys. My only question now is on or off for CPU Trading.
Really thanks for your input guys.

Mark Twain:

U.S. Army Veteran
Old 07-26-2021, 10:01 PM   #8
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
OK thanks guys. My only question now is on or off for CPU Trading.
Really thanks for your input guys.

If you have CPU ROSTER CONTROL ON you won’t see trades. That’s the purpose of 30 team control. Keeping the rosters accurate. You can manually make trades thru the CPU ROSTER CONTROL screen if you wish.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »