Home

The Show 22 Wishlist

This is a discussion on The Show 22 Wishlist within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2021, 09:15 AM   #25
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Show 22 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
I've seen the speciality stance socks apply in my franchise. At least for Jackie Robinson Day and the 4th of July

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Ok. I think the Cubs didn't play on Jackie Robinson day this year, so that's probably why I missed it.....and i haven't gotten to July 4th just yet. Would still be cool to add Mother's day/Father's day socks and other specialty equipment besides the Franklin gloves

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Operation Sports mobile app

Thanks Peyton. #18
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2021, 04:40 PM   #26
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

No
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoller1331
Ok. I think the Cubs didn't play on Jackie Robinson day this year, so that's probably why I missed it.....and i haven't gotten to July 4th just yet. Would still be cool to add Mother's day/Father's day socks and other specialty equipment besides the Franklin gloves

They didn't actually. I only know this because I'm a Braves fan and the Braves wore their red home alternates that they wore for Jackie Robinson Day to following day at Wrigley because the day was also being celebrated there irl. But in the game, it's just on April 15.

But yeah, having the other holidays socks (and hats) make it into the game would be nice.

Old 10-13-2021, 04:46 PM   #27
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
NoThey didn't actually. I only know this because I'm a Braves fan and the Braves wore their red home alternates that they wore for Jackie Robinson Day to following day at Wrigley because the day was also being celebrated there irl. But in the game, it's just on April 15.

But yeah, having the other holidays socks (and hats) make it into the game would be nice.

Right. In franchise mode it didn't recognize the 15th as JRD even though that's the day the Cubs and Braves wore 42

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 10-14-2021, 11:22 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 5

In creating a Custom Team, the color choice "Team default" (as opposed to Default) are the colors effected by ones choices for home and away. Currently "Team Default" are available as choices only for wrist bands, socks, cleats and catcher equipment. It would be good if this choice was available also for batting gear, arm bands, wrist guards and wrist tape.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-14-2021, 02:05 PM   #29
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Yes, added on PS5 this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yea this would be awesome. Hearing Gene Honda call out the lineup for YOUR CHICAGO WHITE SOX in game would be awesome haha
Old 10-15-2021, 09:21 AM   #30
Rookie

1. Sacrifice bunting needs to be addressed. It's basically useless and at best gives you a trade off on which runner is on first base, at worst is an easy double play (happens often with pitchers). Drag bunting seems okay, but to be honest I don't do it very often to be able to give a qualified opinion on it. The PC doesn't seem to have trouble though

2. Scouting for Franchise drafts. I like the idea of scouts and their strengths and weaknesses, but other than scouting the top 50 or so guys, it's really a crap shoot beyond the first or second round. The game tells me to develop a strategy for draft day, but doesn't really give me any tools to mark guys, stack rank, etc.

3. Tone down the effect of wind a tad. Any wind over 5 mph makes it feel like Candlestick or Wrigley out there.

4. Stadiums could use a quick refresh. Nothing major, but it's clear they were using models from a couple of seasons ago as there have been tweaks since then that aren't showing up yet.
Old 10-15-2021, 12:56 PM   #31
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Drag bunting is way over tuned, particularly the ability to consistently lay down a bunt that either gets by the 1B/P to the 2B or simply pulls the 1B off the bag enough that it's an easy hit. Results in online bunt defense having to be everyone on the infield except the SS playing in. And the biggest reason drag bunting is too good is the same reason sacrifice bunting sucks; the ball comes off the bat on a bunt way too hard. If players bunted the ball more softly, it would be much more realistic (and balanced). Irl, a sacrifice is normally fielded by the catcher or the pitcher charging in. But how often do you see that in the show? It's almost always either a corner infielder fielding the ball or the pitcher just off the mound. So it's easy to have a good throw to 2nd.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2021, 12:13 PM   #32
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Allow us to select alt uniforms in ranked online PLEEEAASEEEE!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »