Home

The AI does not know how to be patient at the plate

This is a discussion on The AI does not know how to be patient at the plate within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2022, 01:39 AM   #17
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The AI does not know how to be patient at the plate

Deleted post cause I don't need personal attacks

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 04-09-2022 at 06:40 PM.
Old 04-09-2022, 08:00 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

Would be awesome if the simply made legend default pitching harder. Cpu offence has been punchless on default for a few years now..
Old 04-09-2022, 06:34 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Irl if the pitcher could, he'd start 0-1 every at bat. No pitcher aims for a ball first pitch. They just miss 35-40% of the time. That's about the percentage I would like to see myself instead of missing 15% at most. Sliders are great to allow everyone to create the gameplay they want to have for their liking. Don't hate the player, hate the game right? Lighten up it's just a game. Don't attack someone just cause they want a different experience than you.
I don’t mind having sliders for people like you, that clearly don’t understand the game of baseball beyond the rules of the game. But I’m going to respond when I see clearly ridiculous suggestions like yours, which leads others down a path of hating a game they should love.

It honestly never occurred to me that anyone believes pitchers don’t throw first pitch balls on purpose. There is not a better example of how sim gaming has broke the minds of sports fans, the point they no longer compete. They only play games to make sure the stats look good. There is no interest in strategy, because they let the CPU take care of all of it.

So you sit there and throw to the spot the CPU tells you every time, and you sit there and act like you are “getting a feel.” WTF?

On the plus side, it appears the devs don’t read this site anyway.
Old 04-09-2022, 06:43 PM   #20
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
People buy the game with money they earned, it’s ok for someone to play it however they want. There’s really no need to be a giant d**k to people for playing a game that they paid their own money for however they want to play it.
He's an *******. I blocked him cause there is no need for that. Deleted my comments in this thread too cause it's useless banter. I imagine he's one of those douchebags who still yell at people for not wearing a mask.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Last edited by DarthRambo; 04-09-2022 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-09-2022, 11:47 PM   #21
Rookie

Just flat out amazing that someone would think that lowering the pitch control slider would not be "sim" or not be a solution.

It's going to cause you to miss more pitches. Pitches that were aimed to be strikes that have more of a chance to end up outside the strike zone. Just like in real life. No pitcher hits their spot every single pitch. Even Greg Maddux missed his spots.

I pitch on Legend difficulty, with Human pitch control and human pitcher consistency one notch below default. I also use CLASSIC pitching.

This causes my pitchers to miss their spots quite often. I can bury curves in the dirt, but, occasionally, I'll hang one. (and when I do, it usually gets crushed)

Something you will notice, is your good pitchers won't miss their spots as much as the lower tier starters will. But, you get a variation. Even the top tier starters will have "off games" where nothing seems to be working. And occasionally the lower tier pitchers will have a game where they are "on" (just like in real life)

But, what I notice most often, is a pitcher will seemingly just not have the feel for a certain pitch. Can't locate it to save his life. Makes me adjust my strategy. Not completely jettisoning that pitch, but only using it sparringly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2022, 03:21 AM   #22
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdutch98
Just flat out amazing that someone would think that lowering the pitch control slider would not be "sim" or not be a solution.

It's going to cause you to miss more pitches. Pitches that were aimed to be strikes that have more of a chance to end up outside the strike zone. Just like in real life. No pitcher hits their spot every single pitch. Even Greg Maddux missed his spots.

I pitch on Legend difficulty, with Human pitch control and human pitcher consistency one notch below default. I also use CLASSIC pitching.

This causes my pitchers to miss their spots quite often. I can bury curves in the dirt, but, occasionally, I'll hang one. (and when I do, it usually gets crushed)

Something you will notice, is your good pitchers won't miss their spots as much as the lower tier starters will. But, you get a variation. Even the top tier starters will have "off games" where nothing seems to be working. And occasionally the lower tier pitchers will have a game where they are "on" (just like in real life)

But, what I notice most often, is a pitcher will seemingly just not have the feel for a certain pitch. Can't locate it to save his life. Makes me adjust my strategy. Not completely jettisoning that pitch, but only using it sparringly.
Basically exactly what I had previously said. Dude is just a douche who doesn't understand or is just one of those guys who like to argue and think he has to be right or else.

Old 04-10-2022, 10:42 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 8

I play on default HoF across the board and the AI is pretty patient. I mean, if you throw nothing but strikes, of course they are going to be up there swinging. I like to set batters up, sometimes I get them chasing, sometimes I wind up walking them. I try to never give them anything good to hit (though I do miss spots occasionally and they make me pay (as they should). HoF plays very well out of the box, at least for me. I turn strike zones and other visual aids off.
Old 04-10-2022, 03:03 PM   #24
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaced Ace
I play on default HoF across the board and the AI is pretty patient. I mean, if you throw nothing but strikes, of course they are going to be up there swinging. I like to set batters up, sometimes I get them chasing, sometimes I wind up walking them. I try to never give them anything good to hit (though I do miss spots occasionally and they make me pay (as they should). HoF plays very well out of the box, at least for me. I turn strike zones and other visual aids off.
Yeah I just can't realistically play without a ball marker myself. I have it in my head that real life the pitcher knows exactly the spot he wants to hit so why shouldn't I lol... However a clean screen is cool and I have tried it many times, but definitely not for me long term. All that stuff disappears as the pitcher winds up anyway. You're right though this year default HOF the cpu hitting is solid. Last year I had to go to legend to get any type of challenge from them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »