Home

Did they Nerf the card colleting?

This is a discussion on Did they Nerf the card colleting? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2022, 11:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Did they Nerf the card colleting?

So I've played three online season games in DD and have gone 2-1 and didn't receive a card, a stub or nothing...it feels like they've turned into a Madden style grind (which I'm not up for)....anyone else notice this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2022, 03:46 PM   #2
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Did they Nerf the card colleting?

They definitely nerfed it down all across the board. It’s a slippery slope SDS is taking this year if you ask me. The Show was always the game where you didn’t have to insanely grind to get a good team but this year they drastically upped the grind.
Old 04-11-2022, 09:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I definitely noticed a drastic change in the amount of Stubs I received from playing Franchise games back in MLB the Show 20. I'm playing through RTTS in MLB the Show 21 at the moment and noticed I'm getting even less Stubs now. I wouldn't be surprised if they've curved the output even further in this year's game because the goal is for Stubs to generate the kind of bananas "It prints money!" sort of revenue EA makes from Ultimate Team.
Old 04-11-2022, 10:03 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz2
So I've played three online season games in DD and have gone 2-1 and didn't receive a card, a stub or nothing...it feels like they've turned into a Madden style grind (which I'm not up for)....anyone else notice this?
I feel like the card reward part of this is a bug because I've played many vs. CPU 9 inning games (where it still shows the percentage chance of getting each tier of card on the opponent select screen) and have only received cards for the losses (usually commons). I filed it as a bug report a while ago.

I've definitely gotten stubs, XP, and PXP from those games in varying amounts depending on performance.
Old 04-12-2022, 11:45 PM   #5
Rookie

catcherforbaseball's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I feel like the card reward part of this is a bug because I've played many vs. CPU 9 inning games (where it still shows the percentage chance of getting each tier of card on the opponent select screen) and have only received cards for the losses (usually commons). I filed it as a bug report a while ago.

I've definitely gotten stubs, XP, and PXP from those games in varying amounts depending on performance.

This is definitely a Bug. I haven’t received anything off a win
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2022, 10:53 AM   #6
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I've been watching that recently.

The reward says 1,000, but then I will get 500-600... but I've also watched my totals, and it seems like eventually I get the full 1,000.

Seems like there are some accounting irregularities this year..
Old 04-13-2022, 05:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
I've been watching that recently.

The reward says 1,000, but then I will get 500-600... but I've also watched my totals, and it seems like eventually I get the full 1,000.

Seems like there are some accounting irregularities this year..
There's often a delay before you get all of the XP sometimes. Same thing happened last year. You do get it but it can take a few minutes.
Old 04-14-2022, 05:32 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Still an issue after the patch. Game was on HOF, 9 inning vs. CPU. The rewards are from program completions but there's no game reward.

I think the large amount of stubs is due to passing a program gate, too - I usually get some per game but not that many.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »