Home

UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A

This is a discussion on UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Totally missed the point..
What point is that? You and I both know what the point is, and I expressed my opinion, its as simple as that.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:03 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
There is nothing sim by knocking somebody out 4 seconds into the fight........Even the Bloodsport guy in real life never knocked somebody out that fast......and neither did anybody in the UFC.

There is nothing sim about bursting out of submission attempts with no struggle either......

Have you seen Brock, Carwin or Cain KO somebody with one punch thrown ONLY in the UFC ? No you haven't. Have you seen them burst out of subs instantly ? No you haven't.
Yes, I have seen more one punch knock outs than you have seen heavyweights taking multiple blows to the head without falling. You let Brock hit you in the head with a upper cut, and see if your still standing. But I am sure that you would wake up in the hospital and claim that it was too easy for him to knock you out with one punch.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:40 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Have you seen Brock, Carwin or Cain KO somebody with one punch thrown ONLY in the UFC ?
Carwin vs. Gonzaga was a one punch finish.

I think we need to clarify what "flash KO" really means... I understand (within the context of the videogame, both 2009 and the demo) "flash KOs" to mean fights that end suddenly in KO without a significant amount of damage... so say in 2009, when it had damage statistics in online fights, you'd suddenly get KOed by a punch really early and see you had only taken say, 25% head damage. It was an unusual KO within the mechanics of the game as you hadn't really been hurt to the point of getting knocked out, hence the term 'flash'.

I'm not seeing that in the demo. It takes a lot of damage to finish someone even if you do that damage quickly.

I get alot of hard KO finishes, but nothing with 'unjustified' lack of damage like last years "flash KOs". Whenever I KTFO someone in the demo, its after I've done some serious damage even if its quickly in the first round. I haven't seen any KO's out of left field.. I've seen odd knockdowns, and being rocked, but never KOs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 06:04 AM   #12
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

In cpu v cpu matches the KO rate is far too high....in over 70 demo matchups I have had one only go to a points decision...all the rest have been mainly KOs or a TKO.

If what THQ are saying about the KO rate being linked to the weight class I hate to see what Heavyweight is going to be in cpu v cpu mode compared to the demo.

I know there's only a handful of us that do cpu v cpu but I think it's an important test of the AI to see how it handles itself - plus I'm not a button masher and prefer a sim type game.

Hopefully THQ have toned this down for the retail version or will do so via a patch as from what I've read the KO rate is also high in 'normal' mode as opposed to cpu v cpu mode.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:32 AM   #13
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM RULES
Yes, I have seen more one punch knock outs than you have seen heavyweights taking multiple blows to the head without falling. You let Brock hit you in the head with a upper cut, and see if your still standing. But I am sure that you would wake up in the hospital and claim that it was too easy for him to knock you out with one punch.
Point is....

We dont want to be able to strike a person in the head 4-6 times in a row with out any damage done..

HOWEVER, the outcome of that should be a knockdown or a rocked moment not a KO 99.9% of the time....The ratio is off and its hilarious for them to scrap the term of "Flash" KO and replace it with "one punch" because Ive KO'd a guy after using a combo...hardly a "one punch" moment..
Old 05-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #14
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by filtertmp
Carwin vs. Gonzaga was a one punch finish.

I think we need to clarify what "flash KO" really means... I understand (within the context of the videogame, both 2009 and the demo) "flash KOs" to mean fights that end suddenly in KO without a significant amount of damage... so say in 2009, when it had damage statistics in online fights, you'd suddenly get KOed by a punch really early and see you had only taken say, 25% head damage. It was an unusual KO within the mechanics of the game as you hadn't really been hurt to the point of getting knocked out, hence the term 'flash'.

I'm not seeing that in the demo. It takes a lot of damage to finish someone even if you do that damage quickly.

I get alot of hard KO finishes, but nothing with 'unjustified' lack of damage like last years "flash KOs". Whenever I KTFO someone in the demo, its after I've done some serious damage even if its quickly in the first round. I haven't seen any KO's out of left field.. I've seen odd knockdowns, and being rocked, but never KOs.
It don't take a lot of damage to finish somebody in this game, that is the problem. I have KO'ed Rampage, Rashad and Rua with counter uppercuts or hook to the head in the opening seconds of the fight.

Heck sometimes when the fight starts and they go to touch gloves, I don't touch gloves and just do a head kick instead or uppercut and KO'ed them.

Even one time when I was Rua I was walking backwards and KO'ed Rampage with what looked like a baby uppercut because he didn't swing that arm out far at all and that was 20 seconds into the fight.

So if it is going to be like that for the light heavyweights and heavy weights, then everybody going to play as Brock, Carwin and Velasquez online for those quick KO's 40 seconds into a fight.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 25
OK...so "one punch KOs" are way too common...Its an issue...They just side stepped it in the Q&A...simple as that....

FIghts END WAY TOO FAST....Knockdowns and "rocked" moments should happen MUCH more than just a one punch KO....And that animation where you KO the guy and your fighter puts his hand up and walks away before the fighter even hits the mat...NEEDS TO GO.

If the retail is not differantor tuned compared to the RETAIL copy...MANY will be quite pissed...I know i will.

Rocked moments and knockdowns are HUGE in MMA....Some of the greatest fights involved a fighter about to take a nap....fight his way back and then come out on top or at least make it to the final round or deep into the fight....One puch KOs are LAME...Sure they happen...But not Nearly AS MUCH as TKOs...UFC10 needs more of those moments. I find One punch KOs an Arcade-y addition put there to draw in more casuals and toe to toe brawlers who dont want to ever go past the 1st round.

Would suck if that is how the retail will be...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Point is....

We dont want to be able to strike a person in the head 4-6 times in a row with out any damage done..

HOWEVER, the outcome of that should be a knockdown or a rocked moment not a KO 99.9% of the time....The ratio is off and its hilarious for them to scrap the term of "Flash" KO and replace it with "one punch" because Ive KO'd a guy after using a combo...hardly a "one punch" moment..
Dude, are you serious? Are you saying that if a heavy weight fighter takes 4-6 power shots to the head that only damage should occur and not KO's? If that were the case, most fighters would not fear standing toe to toe with power punchers. I am confused by your logic in regards to how many clean power shots to the head, should affect a fighter.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are advocating that professional heavy weight fighters should not be able to KO an opponent with power shots to the head, without sustaining damage first? WOW....

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »