Home

Nate Diaz claims he has pulled out of UFC 244

This is a discussion on Nate Diaz claims he has pulled out of UFC 244 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2019, 06:00 PM   #1
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

OVR: 0
Nate Diaz claims he has pulled out of UFC 244

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/...ut-of-ufc-244/

Let the **** show begin
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2019, 12:46 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Nate Diaz claims he has pulled out of UFC 244

What is worse than the failure is that USADA told him to keep it quite... so the fight would go on. That is terrible to knowingly allow a fight to happen with a fighter on PEDs.

They make up crap to allow Jones to fight, do whatever to protect the $ for the UFC. USADA may as well be part of the UFC.

I wish the commissions would take over punishment and just have USADA as the testing agency. Then if a fighter has a failure, they don't get licensed for 2 years.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2019, 01:58 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
What is worse than the failure is that USADA told him to keep it quite... so the fight would go on. That is terrible to knowingly allow a fight to happen with a fighter on PEDs.

They make up crap to allow Jones to fight, do whatever to protect the $ for the UFC. USADA may as well be part of the UFC.

I wish the commissions would take over punishment and just have USADA as the testing agency. Then if a fighter has a failure, they don't get licensed for 2 years.

Thats not what they did. USADA's new policy is once a fighter tests positive for any banned substance is to notify the fighter immediately and subsequently decide if they are provisionally suspended.

They changed that policy a year or so ago because fighters were pissed that they would fail a test, USADA would announce it to the public and then later if it was discovered to be a false flag, the fighter is already seen as a cheat in the public's eyes because of the initial announcement.

Diaz (because he's a moron) jumped the gun an announced that he had been notified instead of letting the process play out. USADA likely recognized that this was a false flag and thats why he wasnt provisionally suspended.
Old 10-25-2019, 06:49 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats not what they did. USADA's new policy is once a fighter tests positive for any banned substance is to notify the fighter immediately and subsequently decide if they are provisionally suspended.

They changed that policy a year or so ago because fighters were pissed that they would fail a test, USADA would announce it to the public and then later if it was discovered to be a false flag, the fighter is already seen as a cheat in the public's eyes because of the initial announcement.

Diaz (because he's a moron) jumped the gun an announced that he had been notified instead of letting the process play out. USADA likely recognized that this was a false flag and thats why he wasnt provisionally suspended.
That's the policy that was going to let him fight and they would deal with it after the fight.

If they test sample A and it fails, they test sample B. That should then be a failure. There aren't any false results if both match. Stop all the discussions and just give out punishments. If the fighter wants to figure it out, they can test their own supplements since they don't listen and only use approved supplements.

Old 10-26-2019, 12:42 AM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
That's the policy that was going to let him fight and they would deal with it after the fight.

If they test sample A and it fails, they test sample B. That should then be a failure. There aren't any false results if both match. Stop all the discussions and just give out punishments. If the fighter wants to figure it out, they can test their own supplements since they don't listen and only use approved supplements.

Thats not true. What they were going to do is what they did which was rush test his supplements and retest his sample. Which is what they did and he's now been cleared.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2019, 12:52 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats not true. What they were going to do is what they did which was rush test his supplements and retest his sample. Which is what they did and he's now been cleared.
Did they really go out and buy his vegan supplements, ship them to the testing lab, and test them in less than 24 hours, most of which people were asleep? They can't even turn around testing in a few days.

They were always going to say this, Dana needs the fight to happen. It's become a joke now and fighters know this. It's always funny that fighters find the supplement that has stuff in it. Either it's illegal or it isn't. They just need to end USADA because it's not fair in its enforcement and basically doing nothing now to popular fighters.

Old 10-26-2019, 02:13 AM   #7
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah. The whole USADA thing is just a joke to me at this point.

Looks like the fights back on though, so I shouldn't complain

Here's a question though. For all the issues, is it worth it? Or do we want it back like Bellator, and ONE?
Old 10-26-2019, 12:19 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Did they really go out and buy his vegan supplements, ship them to the testing lab, and test them in less than 24 hours, most of which people were asleep? They can't even turn around testing in a few days.

They were always going to say this, Dana needs the fight to happen. It's become a joke now and fighters know this. It's always funny that fighters find the supplement that has stuff in it. Either it's illegal or it isn't. They just need to end USADA because it's not fair in its enforcement and basically doing nothing now to popular fighters.

No. They likely asked Nate what supplements he was using. He likely gave him the supplements. They tested them. Thats it. Its not that hard.

This is the biggest fight of the year. Its not unreasonable that they would rush test it. Also, it wasnt less than 24 hrs. At the minimum, it was 48-72 and that assumes that Nate posted on Instagram the minute, he was notified of the issue.

What sucks is what you are saying is what I knew was going to happen the minute Nate posted it. Even if the testing was done legiutimately, people were going to react and say "They were always going to say this, Dana needs the fight to happen."

Last point: I find it interesting that you want the commissions to handle the testing failures. The same commissions that tried to ban Nate Diaz for LIFE because of weed?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »