Home

What's the fun on this mode????

This is a discussion on What's the fun on this mode???? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2014, 07:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What's the fun on this mode????

Nothing after the first seed

Every opponent with full gold line up, running like headless chicken, playing no realistic basketball at all

2k has made once again a broken mode, they need to make it so it's much harder to have a stack gold line up, they need to learn from ultimate team from Fifa

Youtube.Com/kepazino
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2014, 06:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: What's the fun on this mode????

Any opinions?

Youtube.Com/kepazino
Old 01-26-2014, 06:34 PM   #3
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3

Collecting. 2K designed it this year specifically for people to collect all the cards.

I can also see how it would be fun (for me, at least) to keep playing past the first seed to develop strategies against all the cheesers out there.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:49 PM   #4
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

I like FIFA, but I had an all-gold lineup in that game after a week. I think it's generally too easy to get great players in these games. One thing I like about MyTEAM is that it actually gives you some incentive to play your bronze players, since rewards are tripled for using bronzes in Domination games.

That said, MyTEAM could learn a lot from FIFA and other Ultimate Team games. An offline "seasons" mode is my #1 wishlist item. #2 is persistent stats.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Syco_G's Arena

I agree. I wish it was more about the competing with your myteam rather than collecting cards. It would be far more fun if it took longer to get gold cards and I didn't have to play against practically the same super team every game.

It takes a level of skill out of the game when all else fails you can just pass the ball to MJ or one of the other 4 legends on the court, drive and get a layup, dunk or foul practically every time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 04:52 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrySTruman
I like FIFA, but I had an all-gold lineup in that game after a week. I think it's generally too easy to get great players in these games. One thing I like about MyTEAM is that it actually gives you some incentive to play your bronze players, since rewards are tripled for using bronzes in Domination games.

That said, MyTEAM could learn a lot from FIFA and other Ultimate Team games. An offline "seasons" mode is my #1 wishlist item. #2 is persistent stats.
I know what you mean, but In Fifa the golds are not that Overpowered than here, in Fifa getting a gold player doesn't mean getting a star player. And not really many people have Ronaldo or Messi in their teams, I would say 5 percent of players may have them even less

I think a great solution could have been :

Create only one type of pack, with the prize of a gold pack. From this pack you won't get a gold player all the time, instead you have 25 percent chance. Then also they could make a user market with this.
This will force people to play more with bronzes online or silver as it will be much harder to get superstars.

Youtube.Com/kepazino

Last edited by Kepazino; 01-27-2014 at 04:55 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:07 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syco_G
I agree. I wish it was more about the competing with your myteam rather than collecting cards. It would be far more fun if it took longer to get gold cards and I didn't have to play against practically the same super team every game.

It takes a level of skill out of the game when all else fails you can just pass the ball to MJ or one of the other 4 legends on the court, drive and get a layup, dunk or foul practically every time.
It's actually quite difficult to build a "super team" if you're just playing the mode normally.

The problem is that Visual Concepts left loopholes in the VC system (My GM Sims) and the MT system (Domination star resets) that allowed people to easily acquire the best cards.

Without those two exploits, you'd be facing a lot fewer super teams.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:45 PM   #8
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

I dunno, I didn't use the star-repeat loophole because I didn't figure out how to get three stars until last week, lol. And I've rarely used VC to buy cards. I just play a lot of Domination, pull in 5000 stars a game, and in no time I can buy a historical card. Rinse and repeat, and presto, I have a team of all-gold historic Celtics. Not the best team by any means (see my signature), but pretty good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »