Home

'14-'15 Collection Rewards

This is a discussion on '14-'15 Collection Rewards within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-22-2015, 06:59 PM   #129
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: '14-'15 Collection Rewards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbie2K
At this point I'd like to thank the man for getting this exploit patched so that people can't continue to cheat their way into collecting every card in the game.
lmfao, this guy.

XB1
Old 01-22-2015, 08:15 PM   #130
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
lmfao, this guy.

XB1
I just dont get where this is actually cheating. Its an exploit yes, but exploit doesnt mean cheating. Look up the definition of the word. I did this years ago on MUT. I had 5 accounts on 2k14 and use the same 5 this year. The AH wasnt there last year, so that make me a cheat because this year they happen to put it in? Cheat only applies to how someone interprets it. This guy been on this campaign calling everyone a cheat. I just love to play domination. I never thought or knew you could get EVERY card in the game by farming MT. First of all, its too time consuming...and with the fluctuation in card prices and tax, I feel its more of a waste of time. Really, I can make more MT by playing the AH and flipping cards much faster than I can by farming some MT. Personally, I'd rather have the Sapphires and 2K shouldve done this from the jump. As long as auctions have been in Video Games, you cant say they didnt see this coming.

I finished most of the collections in my 5 accounts and now will gladly accept my sapphires to go along with that. The people making the most noise about it are the people who obvious suck as players. Had I decided to play from one account only, I wouldve had every card in the game on that account in a matter of weeks.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:36 AM   #131
Rookie

mongo13clikke's Arena

Cheating is using additional tools, software etc. or modifying exisiting game code to gain an advantage or playing the game in a way it was not meant to be played.

Exploiting is using LEGAL game features to play the game in a way it was not meant to be played (this is what happened).

Im surprised that it so long for this method to be used, im pretty sure there were lots of players that used it before without putting it up on youtube (which was really the dumbest thing to do). You could have done this method with a friend anytime anyways...

I dont have a problem with the fact that they patched it, but i have a problem with HOW they patched it. Right now for new MyTeam players and for casual MyTeam players theres no way to generate MT to ever get a good team except by buying their f*** useless overprized packs to sell double cards etc. or by playing Domination and getting extremely lucky pulling some good golds out of the team rewards...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2015, 04:01 AM   #132
Rookie

Webbie2K's Arena

LOL.

Why does everyone keep debating the difference between a cheat and an exploit?

No matter what you call it, it wasn't the way the game was intended to be played, and therefore it was patched. All the crying and bitching and moaning in the world isn't going to reverse that. You just have to accept that you can no longer cheat, or abuse the exploit, or whatever you wish to call it, and carry on with your lives.

If you're angry about not being able to do it anymore there's a very good chance that YOU are one of the people responsible for the patch, so be angry at yourself

Obviously this isn't directed to those of you who weren't farming MT. For all of you, it is a damn shame, but you know who to blame for it, and it isn't 2K Sports.

Position: PG/SG
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 225 lbs

Overall Rating: 88
Record: 328-184
Grade: B

PPG: 4.6
APG: 2.9
RPG: 2.9

Last edited by Webbie2K; 01-23-2015 at 04:03 AM.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:24 AM   #133
Rookie

With or without the MT farm/exploit/glitch the Auction House has been ruined since the first few weeks of the games release. Everyone is arguing over this exploit but seem to be forgetting the easier, much more accessible exploit that people were able to do in the first few weeks. One in which plenty were able to accumulate hundreds of thousands, if not millions of MT in a very short amount of time. That exploit was got patched very fast. So fast that I didn't even know about it until it was already fixed.

But plenty of people did and that is evident by the ridiculous price for some players in the Auction House. There is no way Michael Jordan or any other player should be going for close to 1 Million MT. All glitches aside, there is now way a player can legitimately accumulate that amount of MT. One might argue that you can flip cards to get that much. But flipping cards is dependent on the prices of the players. Without glitches, no one in their right mind would put Karl Malone up for 100,000 MT. Why? Because no one would buy it! They wouldn't have anywhere close to that amount of MT. Sure maybe if they played the game forever and sold every decent card they had.

All I'm saying is the reason these exploits get used are due to the insanely high prices caused by that initial MT glitch which allowed for a small amount of users to buy and sell at ridiculous prices.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:29 AM   #134
Rookie

mongo13clikke's Arena

Quote:
For all of you, it is a damn shame, but you know who to blame for it, and it isn't 2K Sports.
LOL.

Because they have such a good QA department and sooo clever designers where noone ever had the idea that an XBox allows multiple accounts on the same machine and noone in the world will have this idea to make another account to farm MT. Maybe they should have thought about this in the first place and design the mode accordingly...
Old 01-23-2015, 05:50 AM   #135
Banned

Quote:
LOL.

Why does everyone keep debating the difference between a cheat and an exploit?

No matter what you call it, it wasn't the way the game was intended to be played, and therefore it was patched. All the crying and bitching and moaning in the world isn't going to reverse that. You just have to accept that you can no longer cheat, or abuse the exploit, or whatever you wish to call it, and carry on with your lives.

If you're angry about not being able to do it anymore there's a very good chance that YOU are one of the people responsible for the patch, so be angry at yourself

Obviously this isn't directed to those of you who weren't farming MT. For all of you, it is a damn shame, but you know who to blame for it, and it isn't 2K Sports.
Smh..........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2015, 05:55 AM   #136
Banned

So if you think about it, there is no way to blame people for doing this stuff. In reality, most people you match up with in RTP will have stacked *** teams from these methods and to combat that youre going to need one yourself, its hard to blame people for doing these collection methods and what not to get free MT and help themselves out, and if you are blaming these people, I highly ****ing doubt that you got your stacked *** team without doing the same(unless you spent money, and if you did shame on you).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »