Home

Is there a problem with My Teams' economy?

This is a discussion on Is there a problem with My Teams' economy? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-09-2015, 01:21 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Is there a problem with My Teams' economy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Twins
You are very right about MT drying up. I made it to about 1050 cards when I decided I wasn't interested in trying to pursue A.I. Recently, I sold all the bronze and silver players that weren't in any of my line ups, bringing me down to about 760 cards. With the market being horrible, I ended up with a little over 130k in MT. I was able to buy quite a few of the other guys I wanted, but couldn't touch the legends I was looking to get. Now, there is nothing else I plan on selling and the only way to get more MT is by grinding the last few remaining challenges or by playing RTTP games. I now have only 630 MT, I've completed all collections that give/gave MT and there really is no other way for me to get more MT without buying packs and selling the cards I get which is a complete waste. I know there will be no resolution to this problem, especially if Ronnie says he has one. He has no problems with MyTeam because he only plays it when he's trying to do a live stream, and they hook him up with whatever he needs for his team. It's easy to say there really isn't a struggle when you've never had to struggle.

What is your lineup looking like?

XB1
Old 02-09-2015, 02:01 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
most players are worth NOTHING and are all under 10k
Well that's what happens when people are able to exploit their way to getting millions of MT/VC and are able to keep opening pack after pack of gold and silver players.

The prices for normal gold/silver players are so low because there are literally hundreds of each player on the market.

Less packs opened = less players on the market = players have more value.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:24 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is not the FUT market.
If you take a look at some gold/silver players, you won't find over 50 cards of the same player, that's absolutely NOTHING given the fact that there are thousands and thousands of players around the world.
And what about bronzes?
The majority of them have 10 CARDS AT BEST IN THE WORLD, yet they sell for 1,5k at best, this is literally a joke.

It's not about the number of cards of the market (that's extremely low if you think about it), it's the fact that there's no MT around, it's a miracle if people survive in this game mode after like 50 games played, between shameul contracts and injuries people can't even afford to have 10k in the bank, so the market collapses.
Look at the players of the dimers collection, or even at the all star rubies, you cand find all of them except 3/4 at 4k-8k, even tho there are only like 25 of each, why? (and people still don't buy them SMH)
NO MT AROUND.

Last edited by Francis94; 02-09-2015 at 02:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2015, 02:26 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 2

There are so many problems with the economy of this game and there really isn't a solution for them that would work for everyone. Originally, the 25k collections provided a way to get a decent amount of MT. Everyone could easily turn their 50k or so into 100-200k, even potentially 400k if you got some steals/pull the expensive cards in packs. The problem with this was that idiots like Shake decided to make 100s of accounts and abuse the method because they feel like they are entitled to having all of the best cards in the game. Thus, 2K had to take the 25k rewards out since the market was getting messed up due to the infinite amounts of MT generated. Because of this, 2k doesn't want to make challenges with large MT rewards like shake wants since they are afraid people will find a way to abuse it. Had he never released the video about abusing the 25k rewards, 2k would be more willing to listen, but he ruined it for everyone.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:38 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
There are so many problems with the economy of this game and there really isn't a solution for them that would work for everyone. Originally, the 25k collections provided a way to get a decent amount of MT. Everyone could easily turn their 50k or so into 100-200k, even potentially 400k if you got some steals/pull the expensive cards in packs. The problem with this was that idiots like Shake decided to make 100s of accounts and abuse the method because they feel like they are entitled to having all of the best cards in the game. Thus, 2K had to take the 25k rewards out since the market was getting messed up due to the infinite amounts of MT generated. Because of this, 2k doesn't want to make challenges with large MT rewards like shake wants since they are afraid people will find a way to abuse it. Had he never released the video about abusing the 25k rewards, 2k would be more willing to listen, but he ruined it for everyone.
If we had ways to get mt that make sense than people wouldn't have been as inclined to take a shortcut to build a decent amount of MT. When shake released the method a lot of worthless cards jumped up in price because they gained in worth! Now almost every current player except lebron and KD are completely worthless...Atleast when shake released the method it gave these useless cards a purpose
Old 02-09-2015, 02:42 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis94
And what about bronzes?
The majority of them have 10 CARDS AT BEST IN THE WORLD, yet they sell for 1,5k at best, this is literally a joke.
The reason bronze cards are much fewer in number (and thus, more pricey than they should be) compared to silvers/golds is because no one opens the packs that contain bronzes.

When people have 1 million MT/VC to spend, they're going to use it on the packs that contain silver/gold/special cards, which is why the market for those cards is so flooded and unvaluable.

There are 55 gold LeBrons on the PS4 market right now, and you can get one for 30K to 40K on most days. That should be one of the rarest and most expensive cards in the game, but it's not, because of how many people have gotten him by opening packs. 90% of the people you'll play in RTTP have LeBron in their lineup.

Last edited by jyoung; 02-09-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:30 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

What 2K needs to do is simply make a cap on the Auction House Prices. Imagine if NBA 2K15 launched and there weren't any exploits/glitches/etc. Players like Hakeem, Jordan, Shaq, etc. would not be selling for anywhere near what they are today. Why? Because no one would be able to afford them! If the only way to make MT is by playing through Domination, Challenges, and RTP, a really good/rare player would only be around 100,000... MAYBE. There is absolutely no reason you should be able to sell a card for 1 million MT in the first place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2015, 06:36 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTheClip
If we had ways to get mt that make sense than people wouldn't have been as inclined to take a shortcut to build a decent amount of MT. When shake released the method a lot of worthless cards jumped up in price because they gained in worth! Now almost every current player except lebron and KD are completely worthless...Atleast when shake released the method it gave these useless cards a purpose
If people had common sense, they would have known it was possible to do the 25k collections and sell back the players, which is a legitimate method when done once. This could raise a player about 200k or maybe more. And the "worthless cards" that jumped in price did not really gain worth. I mean, compared to the price of packs they did, but in actuality, the economy was just severely inflated. You'd make more MT, but wouldn't be able to buy as much since the prices of the expensive legends went up. If people did the collections as intended, they could have easily have had a decent amount of MT, and prices would likely have been lower, as no one would be able to afford spending 800k MT on one card. However, shake released the video, prompting people to cheat the system and make 100s of accounts, and as a result, people were willing to spend more MT on the expensive cards since they had more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »