Home

Honest opinions about Onyx Kobe?

This is a discussion on Honest opinions about Onyx Kobe? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-28-2015, 08:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Honest opinions about Onyx Kobe?

I am really happy with my team right now.

Onyx Oscar
LBJ
PD Melo
PD Malone
Sapph Hakeem

However, I can't find a shooting guard I like. Lebron's shot just doesn't seem to drop for me and I like him better as a reserve PG or Point Forward. I have Diamond Durant but I just don't like him that much. I've tried a few other guys Like 85 MJ (no 3 ball) and Ruby Klay (too one dimensional).

I have the MT to blow on Kobe. Should I? I hear all about how overrated he is. I'm on PC so a 90's Jordan is out of the question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2015, 09:19 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Honest opinions about Onyx Kobe?

im in a similar boat .. ruby kobe has a nice 3 ball and great at driving also ... never used onyx tho ... i use 85 MJ ruby kobe and klay as back up .. im looking for ruby james harden to fill that role and be my primary scorer mostly cuz i already have ruby kobe and and onyx is way out of my price range .. im gonna have to work towards ruby harden as it is
Old 02-28-2015, 09:21 AM   #3
Rookie

Fact, the Onyx Kobe is overvalued . In my opinion this is the most expensive and worst player card among the most expensive of the game. I can tell because I've bought and sold several times trying to play with it , but unfortunately not worth what it costs.

I'm currently using Ruby Kobe and feel it is much better. I think even is the best value for money in SG.

Also recommend trying Ruby Harden or Chris Mullin if you prefer good shootings. But if you want speed and dunks, my suggestion would be Onyx Julius Erving, for me the best in this position today, with the exception of Michael Jordan , of course.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:53 PM   #4
Just started!

I believe Onyx Kobe is the best player in the game when you KNOW HOW TO PLAY WITH ONYX KOBE AND LEARN HIS SHOT!!!

Absolute monster on offense and defense. Dunks crazier then Onyx Vince Carter. Can hit 3s, midrange, he can do it all lol. Mean post game. It's Kobe Bryant who scored 81 points basically.

I love his jumpshot though so quick and deadly. I prefer him over the Ruby one and I had both.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:10 AM   #5
Rookie

Maligx's Arena

mcgrady, dude can flat out dunk. I've had instances where he dunked OVER people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2015, 02:39 PM   #6
Rookie

AdmiralAckbar's Arena

Well from what I've heard, Onyx Kobe's jumpshot is hard to time and I also had the same problem with Gold Kobe. I own the Ruby Scorer Kobe now and the jumpshot feels a bit easier to time.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:47 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralAckbar
Well from what I've heard, Onyx Kobe's jumpshot is hard to time and I also had the same problem with Gold Kobe. I own the Ruby Scorer Kobe now and the jumpshot feels a bit easier to time.
They changed the gold Kobe's shot earlier in the year. it used to be easy but then they changed it after a patch and made it a lot faster

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 03-02-2015, 03:40 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 2

I haven't used onyx Kobe, so I don't know how they compare, but 90-91 Michael Jordan is an amazing card. Best dunker in the game, and this Jordan is the only one with 99 dunk ratings/tendencies that has decent shooting ratings. His shot is fairly easy to time with a really smooth release. Is an absolute lockdown defender, and can easily go 20 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists most games. Well worth the 600k he can sometimes be found for on PS4. The 92-93 version is also very good, slightly better shooter, but slightly lower dunk tendencies and not as quick.

C- Pink Shaq/Saph Russell/Saph Moses Malone
PF- Saph Hakeem/ Gold Lebron/ Saph David Robinson
SF- Pink Melo/ Diamond KD
SG- 90-91 MJ/ Ruby 97-98 Kobe
PG- Ruby Magic/ Ruby Payton

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »