Home

Late game cheese.

This is a discussion on Late game cheese. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2015, 01:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Late game cheese.

I was playing the last game of the showtime challenge and i led by one with like 15 seconds left. The CPU fouls yao and he is on the line, yao misses both free throws despite his high rating and almost perfect releases, and instead of being a 3 point game it is a one point game. Jamal crawford shoots a midrange in transition but it misses. Then DJ does a putback over two players to get a lead by one. I inbound the ball after a timeout with two seconds left and PD malone misses an open midrange and i have to do the challenge all over again...

Share your late game cheese moments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2015, 01:42 PM   #2
Rookie

Xim0's Arena

Re: Late game cheese.

"Human Highlight Film!" challenge, my team was with an advantage of 3 points, donīt know who from the other team made a standing 3p from almost the center court line, I beat them in the OT.
Old 05-24-2015, 02:04 PM   #3
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Challenge for sapphire B.Petit.

Have to win 3 games in a row, 3 gold players limit. First 2 games very easy, blowing cpu every time. Last game impossible, lost the game in crunch time every single time (I think i attempted it about 5-6 times totally since i play MT).

In last game it felt like I can do it, despite extremely cheesy offense by cpu making all the contested shots and contact layups in 4th quarter. Missed two wide open 3pts with Melo in last minute and cpu got bailout contact layup fouls to secure the victory. Its insane to what extreme cpu is taking it , its beyond people cheesing in RTTP for sure.
Old 05-24-2015, 02:48 PM   #4
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Was doing that All time lakers challenge. I had a 12 point lead with 2 minutes left. Then I start missing everything and passes start going out of bounds, no fouls get called etc. CPU takes 1 point lead with 30 secs left, but Chef Curry hits the game winning 3 off a pick and roll.

Fun fact, I zig zagged and pick and popped the CPU for 100+ with curry that game just after patch 4. Gave me an idea of how broken the shooting mechanics had become
Old 05-24-2015, 02:54 PM   #5
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

The cpu cheese is beyond annoying. I was playing the Jason Kidd challenge and was able to get great looks from everywhere and my guys were playing lock down D. I was up 17 at hafltime.

Come the 3rd quarter, my guys cannot find open shots and the ones they would find would miss. The cpu all of a sudden shoots Fades and contact layups and putback rebounds like nothing. They end up beating me by 10.

It's actually embarassing because I hear it's one of the easier challenges, but I guess I got the wrong end of the CPU bug.

Either way, my heart wasn't fully in it either. There was no forseable future for me in this mode this year and I haven't enjoyed this mode at all since the 25k collections got patched. I really just stick to regular online quick games and downloading custom rosters instead.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »