Home

New to MyTeam

This is a discussion on New to MyTeam within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2015, 12:54 PM   #1
Rookie

Xixak's Arena

OVR: 2
New to MyTeam

Never really played this mode much before as it didn't interest me, however I think I'm gonna try it out this year.

With my pre-order I somehow ended up already having Michael Jordan (rookie), Paul George and Kevin Love on my team right away. Right now my starting five is those 3 along with Cory Joseph and Nerlens Noel.

I've been playing Domination so far, beat the Sixers and Magic handily and got the tier 3 rewards. Do I just keep playing Domination until I actually have a good set of cards? And should I be using my best players to play these games or is that a waste of their contracts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 02:20 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: New to MyTeam

It depends on what you prefer to play friend.

Playing domination for at least same more games and then sell all unecessary items.

Then depending on what you prefer playing against (CPU/Human) choose to continue playind Dom or move to RTTP.

I usually don't go through full domination. but play RTTP.

Since gold players prices have dropped you will be ready to buy a full gold lineup (not of course top tier) with less than 20K MT. Don't worry too much about contracts
Old 11-16-2015, 04:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Xixak's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
It depends on what you prefer to play friend.

Playing domination for at least same more games and then sell all unecessary items.

Then depending on what you prefer playing against (CPU/Human) choose to continue playind Dom or move to RTTP.

I usually don't go through full domination. but play RTTP.

Since gold players prices have dropped you will be ready to buy a full gold lineup (not of course top tier) with less than 20K MT. Don't worry too much about contracts
Thanks. What items would you consider to be unnecessary?
Old 11-16-2015, 07:42 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xixak
I've been playing Domination so far, beat the Sixers and Magic handily and got the tier 3 rewards. Do I just keep playing Domination until I actually have a good set of cards? And should I be using my best players to play these games or is that a waste of their contracts?
Up to you. If MT is dear to you, then you may want to minimize Contracts cost. 1 game for a Gold is 48MT, but only 20MT for a Silver, and a miniscule 8MT for a Bronze.

What I've done, more or less, is play with the "worst" lineup that I still feel like is good enough to guaranty that I can win. Lately, into the second half of Historic Domination, that has been 3-5 Golds and the rest Silver. I don't bother with saving the difference between Silver and Bronze contracts, only between Gold and Silver.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:54 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Contracts are extremely valuable, so don't waste them on anyone but high 80s golds and amethysts. Jordan, George, and Love are good guys to load up on contracts. You can store extra contracts in your auctions. Just replace your scrub players once they run out of contracts.

I recommend playing all the way through Domination before you do anything else in MyTeam. But don't waste your time going through Historic Domination because the rewards aren't worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2015, 05:43 PM   #6
Banned

contracts arent actually that valuable mate. you can just put them on your player with MT if you run out. badges are where you need to focus. if you need help, PM me

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »