Home

Yea I'm done with this mode. Rubberband assistance is back.

This is a discussion on Yea I'm done with this mode. Rubberband assistance is back. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2015, 08:08 PM   #1
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
Yea I'm done with this mode. Rubberband assistance is back.

Guys on the main 2k16 section refuse to let reality affect them, the fact of the matter is that the rubberband A.I is back.

It's obvious when I'm starting to pull way early in the game (as it is always the case) but around the 8-12 point lead mark, you can just sense the game sliders being rigged right before your eyes.

Say all the sliders are at 50. I guarantee that all of them change to 40(you) and 60 (opponent) until the game is close again, then both player's sliders reset to 50, and rinse and repeat.

Say it's fake or whatever, but I can literally see my players being dumber and slower, getting called for every foul on a drive, and missing easy shots, and vice versa when I'm down huge (which isn't often).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2015, 09:23 PM   #2
Pro

JBGlass's Arena

Re: Yea I'm done with this mode. Rubberband assistance is back.

Yeah I can buy that, seems like every time I added a gold player domination games got easier. I would lose then add a gold player and I'd win the next game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2015, 10:01 PM   #3
MVP

its not gonna make me stop playing but yes, its in there. it was painful in the earlier parts of Dom because I didnt have as strong a lineup and sometimes I couldnt overcome the comeback engine. it made for some exciting down to the wire games, most of which I lost though.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:10 PM   #4
QNo
MVP

Dunno, I've blown very good teams out by 40 points in Domination using only 2-3 golds. I doubt it.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:28 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Dunno, I've blown very good teams out by 40 points in Domination using only 2-3 golds. I doubt it.
you notice it less the better the team you have, but it kicks into god-mode sometimes. they start making ridiculous and-1s, contested shots, etc....but that's not what makes me realize it....its when unforced turnovers just start happening. like when the man euro-steps out of bounds or inbounds and the guy knocks the ball right back on you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2015, 10:48 PM   #6
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
you notice it less the better the team you have, but it kicks into god-mode sometimes. they start making ridiculous and-1s, contested shots, etc....but that's not what makes me realize it....its when unforced turnovers just start happening. like when the man euro-steps out of bounds or inbounds and the guy knocks the ball right back on you.
I think it's just chance. There is momentum in the game, but I doubt that there's rubberbanding.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:22 PM   #7
MVP

I haven't noticed rubberbanding this year. Haven't played a lot but in the past half-dozen games I've played, I've been blowing out the CPU pretty badly and sometimes I'm building my lead in the second half/4th quarter. There can be some momentum shifts where, for 3 or 4 possessions, the CPU does unlikely stuff. But I don't feel the "I'm up by 15 at start of 4th Quarter and now the CPU is going to erase it" dynamic is going on, whereas I felt like that did regularly occur in high-difficulty Challenges in 2K15.

That said, I'm just in the middle of Domination and have only played up to 2nd-level Challenges, so maybe higher difficulty settings are different.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:26 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I think it's just chance. There is momentum in the game, but I doubt that there's rubberbanding.
there is a thin line between momentum and rubberbanding.

I separate the two like this:

momentum - cpu hits a couple of open or mildly contested shots/dunks, gets on a roll

rubberbanding - all of a sudden cpu makes 2 god-like plays in a row to start an avalanche that is hard to stop while in the meantime human player cant hit wide open shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »