Home

Anyone beat the 80s all-star challenge?

This is a discussion on Anyone beat the 80s all-star challenge? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2016, 08:48 AM   #1
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

OVR: 0
Anyone beat the 80s all-star challenge?

The difficulty says this is supposed to be all star but i've played hall of fame challenges far easier than this cheesy ****. I beat the 90s challenge easily but the 80s one is just full of the CPU doing instant teleport passes, constantly sprinting and scoring in transition or getting fouled every time they are contested etc.

I can win 2 out of the 3 games but 3 in a row with this unfair programmatic advantage I find next to impossible, and the CPU shuts down my plays perfectly every time.

My team is
Amethyst Kidd
Amethyst Curry
Kawhi Leonard
Lamarcus Aldridge
Shaq

Bench is
Klay Thompson
Jimmy butler
Dwight Howard
Sidney moncrief
Chris bosh

Frustrating as hell and not enjoyable at all...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2016, 06:00 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Anyone beat the 80s all-star challenge?

I won the first two and then forgot about it. Went back to complete it with a better lineup, but not badged up and unfamiliar to me, and lost by 2 or 3 points. I agree that it feels tougher than All-Star. But it's definitely winnable. I think the key is to be methodical and minimize mistakes. And contain Magic at PG. Kidd does a solid job of that. In the Pistons Challenge, I put ROTY Grant Hill on Magic and he did a pretty good job. And when I restarted the Challenge with my best lineup, I stuck LBJ on him and LBJ obviously did well with that. Surprisingly, he seems to drive successfully on ROTY MJ.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:57 AM   #3
Pro

I haven't tried that challenge yet. But I definitely noticed that some of the challenges have weird sliders and difficulties.. They say they are all-star but the game play appears much more difficult.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:09 AM   #4
Rookie

im finishing the Pistons Championship run and apparently Magic has unlimited stamina.... He never gets subbed out
Old 01-15-2016, 05:03 AM   #5
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

It was just Jordan and Bird that tried going off on me. I put Butler and Kawhi on them and sweeped it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2016, 07:15 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc09
im finishing the Pistons Championship run and apparently Magic has unlimited stamina.... He never gets subbed out
When i played that one the only time they subbed him was when i was up 30 in the 4th q of game 4 for the sweep. it is pretty ridiculous. Also he had a horrible finals that year. i dont know if he was injured and Kareem was way past his prime as it was his last season. Those guys were over rated for this series

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 01-15-2016, 03:33 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72
When i played that one the only time they subbed him was when i was up 30 in the 4th q of game 4 for the sweep. it is pretty ridiculous. Also he had a horrible finals that year. i dont know if he was injured and Kareem was way past his prime as it was his last season. Those guys were over rated for this series

Yea, 2k gave them diamond KAJ instead of the older one.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:52 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The hardest challenge for me to beat was actually the What if Paul George challenge.

You have to beat the Hawks five times in a row without losing.

I lost the fifth game on my first try. Then I lost the fourth game on my second try. I finally cleared it out on my third try.

I didn't have any trouble with any other challenge in the mode because basic pick and rolls will destroy most CPU teams. But not the Hawks, because the Hawks ICE every single one of them.

The Hawks also have a ton of three point shooters. If you play tight on them, then the Hawks just backdoor cut your AI teammates and get off-ball layups. If you play moderate defense, then they'll just splash three pointers all game long. I hate playing the Hawks.

Last edited by jyoung; 01-15-2016 at 03:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »