Home

MVP D Rose Review

This is a discussion on MVP D Rose Review within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2016, 01:54 PM   #1
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

OVR: 0
MVP D Rose Review

So I packed a good amount of the MVP players, but Rose is the only one I've gotten to play a good bit with so far. Despite D Rose being in my top 3 most hated players in the league, I had the Onyx last year and this MVP card is one of my favorites again this year. It's also worth noting that I haven't upgraded any badges, and I'm a massive badge advocate so he's nowhere near his full potential.

First off, he is ridiculously fast. 98 speed/acceleration make him easily the best non-diamond transition PG. I thought CP3 fit me perfectly, so he didn't take too many shots away from Melo and MJ, but the tendencies on this card really help you push the ball down the court. Too many times I find CP3 running back to get the ball instead of running down court, but now I have at least two players down court ready to create problems.

He's incredibly deadly in pick and rolls as well. His playmaking is nearly identical to CP3 minus passing vision, and it makes for some good dimes. Plus he's so fast he's at the rim before the help guy can react. Unlike Paul, he can actually do a layup without getting blocked and he has a hella dunk package. 92 draw foul keeps the refs on his back top. He gets to the line a good bit for me.

I haven't ran many plays with him, but he's great in quick iso's. His signature size up has so much versatility, and his dribble moves create sooo much space. Plus he's so fast the defense really has to be on point to keep him in front. He only needs half a step of leeway to blow by them. If you catch them slipping back just hit them with a step back. He's got loads of cold zones, but I try not to worry about them because he has a 92 midrange and his jumper is smooth.

Stat-wise he's completely inferior on defense to CP3, but I have no qualms with him. Being 6'3" instead of 6'0" makes a world of difference. Granted, I haven't been matched up against a diamond yet. Lateral quickness is relatively low at 84, but he has such high acceleration you really can't tell.

I don't really keep detailed stats, but he's gotten at least 10 points, 10 assists, and 5 boards every game I've played with him.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂

Last edited by pro_cow_tipper; 03-20-2016 at 06:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2016, 02:00 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: MVP D Rose Review

Would you recommend him over Westbrook? The only thing I don't like about Rose is that he has the Wildcard badge and no Floor General.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:36 PM   #3
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thormessiah
Would you recommend him over Westbrook? The only thing I don't like about Rose is that he has the Wildcard badge and no Floor General.
I've only used the gold one, but I'd definitely take Rose over Westbrook. It's only a small bump, but I can guarantee you will notice the speed upgrade. He just zips around so effortlessly. Stat wise, he's a far better shooter and defender with equivalent playmaking and finishing. Russel is better at dunking and rebounding though. Plus, Westbrook jumper is awful in my opinion. He just needs so much space to get a clean look.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 03-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #4
Rookie

He's such a blast to use, too bad badges and hot zones are a mere copy of the gold card. The big question for me now is do I sell him or AS CP3 to get diamond Big O?
Old 03-20-2016, 03:01 PM   #5
MVP

I didn't like him too much. I run Curry at PG and don't want to have a 100k bench player but also I found him only slightly better than Wall ( I prefer much more wall over Westbrook current gold cards)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »