Home

Absolutely amazing how bad your team plays vs lower overalls.

This is a discussion on Absolutely amazing how bad your team plays vs lower overalls. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2016, 01:40 AM   #1
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
Absolutely amazing how bad your team plays vs lower overalls.

I lost to a freaking emerald / sapphire team who was given every animation known to man and bail out to exist with his garbage big man lineup of Bradely and Divac at the 5 and 4, and Bol as his back up.

To see these dudes dunk on my Diamond Mourning is an absolute outrage. Killed my 37 game win streak online at that too. As a side note, height in this game does NOT translate to what's actually done in real life games. That's why Mourning & Wallace & Rodman are trash in 2k.

In no other world would I play sapphires or emeralds against my will, but I'm left no other choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2016, 05:12 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Absolutely amazing how bad your team plays vs lower overalls.

I had a really bad equalizer experience tonight too. Went up against an all emerald/sapphire team. Every rebound is there's my guys would jump and miss the board, ball hits their elbow and other team gets it. C webb out rebounding Ewing and shaq when I'm in position. Also the off ball CPU fouls were horrendous. The worst part is how slow my guys react on D and how slow they dribble with turbo compared to normal. I shot well and held guys on their team like emerald Bibby to 3/17 and somehow I still lost.

The game is so frustrating some times. I play friendlies and know how my guys play. Then I go into road against a scrub team and my guys play nothing like they usually do. I win more games when I go up against diamonds then when I go against emeralds, it's nonsense.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:27 AM   #3
MVP

Guys, just for the shake of the forum, there is no point having 4-5 diffent threads for equalizing.

And in general, these applies for new players too.

Let's keep them all grouped because they will be lost.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:23 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Guys, just for the shake of the forum, there is no point having 4-5 diffent threads for equalizing.

And in general, these applies for new players too.

Let's keep them all grouped because they will be lost.
Lol it's funny because that's how bad it is. Players are finally wising up to 2ks antics. These games would be more fun if they played without any sort of momentum.

If I get blown out then I can learn my mistakes and move on. Hats off to the other guy. But when I lose now it's just because 2k decides to throw the ball out of bounds for no reason on a drive to absolutely no one.

The problem is if we were having fun with the game then what incentive would we have to buy VC?
Old 12-01-2016, 10:34 AM   #5
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Going home and making and all sapphire / emerald team.
Do you think if I keep Magic and PG and he's the only Amethyst card it will still work against teams with Ruby's and Higher teams?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2016, 10:38 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
Going home and making and all sapphire / emerald team.
Do you think if I keep Magic and PG and he's the only Amethyst card it will still work against teams with Ruby's and Higher teams?
try and keep your OVR around 85-87 ... it's not all about the colour. Some players will bring your team rating up/down based on position or defensive/offensive balance. For Example replacing Ruby Andrea Bargnani with Emerald Dikembe Mutombo made my team rating go up.

The biggest thing I try to do is build the most effective team for my playstyle at the lowest possible rating. You don't want to take out your money guys just to lower your rating and on the flip side you don't want to stick a 95 diamond at the end of your bench who you barely plan on playing. Your teams OVR rating MOST DEFINATELY plays a part in the matchups you will be getting.

A lot of people seem to misunderstand what the reason behind building these squads is, I don't lower my teams rating because my players play better, I lower it because the CPU will match me up with easier teams! I find there are advantages and disadvantages to both sides of the in-game equalizer, but playing against a higher % of beginners is an advantage in it's own.

Last edited by Foldzy; 12-01-2016 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:41 AM   #7
Banned

Or manute bol has length and that's overpowered because of how basketball and 2k work... if manute bol is dominating you idk what to say honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2016, 11:00 AM   #8
Pro

Well one game i jist walked the ball up. the defense wasnt on me or anything yet somehow i threw the ball out of bounds when i was trying to pass to my wing on the left.

Now thats some 2k cheese cause no way my pg should throw the ball overhead and out of bounds when my guy was basically just to his left.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »