Home

Tips for winning an Unlimited game

This is a discussion on Tips for winning an Unlimited game within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2018, 11:58 AM   #1
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

OVR: 0
Tips for winning an Unlimited game

I need some tips for winning a myteam unlimited game. I know that it is against someone else, but I just can't play well enough to beat anyone. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2018, 03:09 AM   #2
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Re: Tips for winning an Unlimited game

Most online players are one trick ponies. They got one play/move and nothing else. Yesterday I had an opponents who did nothing else than playing pick&pop with his stretch bigs. He was not bad at it, i was down by as much as 14 in the first half. But once I adjusted and he couldnt score anymore and I won. Key to beating these players is identifying their goto play asap and adjust.

Other than that, playing basketball this year is more important than ever.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:09 AM   #3
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Make use of 3PT plays. Learn 3-5 Different plays and shuffle them. Mix some easy Isolation, Post-Up, Pick n Fades in between, so opponents don't know what's coming next.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:08 AM   #4
Rookie

XxCavaliers360's Arena

OVR: 1

Just keep playing and maybe someone'll quit or you'll keep improving and eventually win. You could always resort to running the pause timer and calling a bunch of timeouts hoping the opponent'll get impatient and quit... 2K's fault.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:36 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 2

I had to get someone to quit to get on the board! I would say that being patient on the offensive end has also helped me. I do not try to push the ball so much, and try to use that to cut down on my turnovers.

As stated above, a lot of guys are one trick ponies. Defensively, I just try to find that tendency then user against it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 02:46 PM   #6
Just started!

Horrible online player here --> For me it's playing good defense - don't get fooled by pump fakes, and slow down when you are on offense. I find I make the most mistakes when I try to force a move that isn't there.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:09 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ShowTime2
Most online players are one trick ponies. They got one play/move and nothing else. Yesterday I had an opponents who did nothing else than playing pick&pop with his stretch bigs. He was not bad at it, i was down by as much as 14 in the first half. But once I adjusted and he couldnt score anymore and I won. Key to beating these players is identifying their goto play asap and adjust.

Other than that, playing basketball this year is more important than ever.
How exactly did you adjust to that? I played against the same thing the other day and there was no chance of me winning. I couldn't find a setting that would let me guard the ball handler and make the CPU stick to the popping big. On the slight chance the popper was covered I was on an island with the ball handler and despite everyone praising the defense to heaven and back, I still felt very "skatey" and would get taken to the hole with no help. Or if there was help there was someone wide open for a three with no rotation.

Basically it felt exactly like last year. Any help? Did you change menu settings or just manually adjust?
Old 09-13-2018, 12:52 PM   #8
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidanything2
How exactly did you adjust to that? I played against the same thing the other day and there was no chance of me winning. I couldn't find a setting that would let me guard the ball handler and make the CPU stick to the popping big. On the slight chance the popper was covered I was on an island with the ball handler and despite everyone praising the defense to heaven and back, I still felt very "skatey" and would get taken to the hole with no help. Or if there was help there was someone wide open for a three with no rotation.

Basically it felt exactly like last year. Any help? Did you change menu settings or just manually adjust?

I did it manually by simply maneuvering around the screen. A better player would certainly exploit this, but this player was so bad that he simply didnt know what to do because he was so focused on getting Porzingis the ball that he always failed.

If you want/need to cpu help you need to use soft/hard hedges in the defensive settings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »