Home

SimWorld NBA 2K15 Experience (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on SimWorld NBA 2K15 Experience (Xbox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-02-2015, 07:30 PM   #577
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: SimWorld NBA 2K15 Experience (Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
Been talking with vtcrb and dropped the knowledge on me that there is definitely a difference with the way the game reads players that have their years pro set at 1.

So I decided to do some testing. A lot of testing actually and I have found a temporary fix. While it is still "work" it isn't as much work as manually editing every player or as tedious as changing the "year born" of certain players.

Immediately after the playoffs end (when the game gives you the option to do the draft lottery) go and change the "years pro" of players over 28 years old to 1. When this is done, some player regression still takes place but not nearly as rapid and ridiculous as it does naturally. What happens is that older players in their 30s still occasionally lose 1- 3 points and players 28 and 29 rarely lose any overall points at all.

THE GOOD:
Obviously, the good here is that you can get rid of the outrageous pattern of regression in as little as 15 minutes each season. It allows teams to still have players on their team in their 30s which is obviously more realistic that what we have right now.

THE BAD:
Although it doesnt eliminate the career stats of that player on their player card, moving into the following year, the game continues to recognize that player as a rookie. Because of that you won't truly have an accurate rookie of the year or all rookie team going forward. Of course you can take the extra time to change everyone back if you have the time or simply let it go if it doesnt bother you that much.

I can post here because I am on my phone but if someone wants me to send them the pictures from my phone, send me your email and I will send you the pictures so I can show you what I mean
Glad to help out buddy. Hopefully we can figure another fix out soon, OR 2k Drops a Patch so we can QUIT looking for workarounds for the game.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 01-03-2015, 01:55 AM   #578
Pro

OVR: 0
Wink Re: SimWorld NBA 2K15 Experience (Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Dude no way in hell the Raptors are giving up Derozan, kid is a downright stud!!! He has a chance to be the next great SG in the league. I also think they rather have JV over the head case, known as Demarcus Cousins. And I don't see the Kings wanting Derozan because they have 2 young SGs in McLemore and Stauskas. Just my thoughts, though. I wonder what Blindsides thinks about it though.
I'm a huge raps fan who normally posts on RealGM with some of the biggest basketball fans on the planet.. I think most people would love to get Demarcus for only DD and JV.. Honestly I dont think Sacramento would accept that trade and Toronto would be getting argueably the best center in the entire game.

Derozan is shooting below 40% this year I believe and plays average defense (at best). He does have some room to grow but this deal gives Kyle Lowry (Torontos real all-star) more time with the ball in his hands and a legitimate star who is only 24 who is playing stellar defense this year.. Ross moves over to his more natural SG spot and James Johnson can play SF (really has been great both sides of the ball through the first third of the year)

Either way both teams are fun as hell to play as, Kyle Lowry and Demarcus is a hell of a combo!
Old 01-03-2015, 01:58 AM   #579
Pro

Quote:
Been talking with vtcrb and dropped the knowledge on me that there is definitely a difference with the way the game reads players that have their years pro set at 1.

So I decided to do some testing. A lot of testing actually and I have found a temporary fix. While it is still "work" it isn't as much work as manually editing every player or as tedious as changing the "year born" of certain players.

Immediately after the playoffs end (when the game gives you the option to do the draft lottery) go and change the "years pro" of players over 28 years old to 1. When this is done, some player regression still takes place but not nearly as rapid and ridiculous as it does naturally. What happens is that older players in their 30s still occasionally lose 1- 3 points and players 28 and 29 rarely lose any overall points at all.

THE GOOD:
Obviously, the good here is that you can get rid of the outrageous pattern of regression in as little as 15 minutes each season. It allows teams to still have players on their team in their 30s which is obviously more realistic that what we have right now.

THE BAD:
Although it doesnt eliminate the career stats of that player on their player card, moving into the following year, the game continues to recognize that player as a rookie. Because of that you won't truly have an accurate rookie of the year or all rookie team going forward. Of course you can take the extra time to change everyone back if you have the time or simply let it go if it doesnt bother you that much.

I can post here because I am on my phone but if someone wants me to send them the pictures from my phone, send me your email and I will send you the pictures so I can show you what I mean
So every offseason players need to be set back to first year pro? If after the regression stage of the offseason passes cant you put them back to say 2 years pro to maintain real rookie teams and stuff like that?

If you have the time (which I don't), would you mind testing if setting years pro to "2" gives different results? Intersting to say the least.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:47 AM   #580
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Setting yeara pro to 2 reverts back to the massive regression. Years pro at 1 seems to be the only one that works
Old 01-03-2015, 12:04 PM   #581
Pro

Quote:
Setting yeara pro to 2 reverts back to the massive regression. Years pro at 1 seems to be the only one that works
How about if you switch them to years pro "2" once the season begins again.. Are they still classified as rookies or does it mess the whole system up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2015, 12:30 PM   #582
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogurtProducer
How about if you switch them to years pro "2" once the season begins again.. Are they still classified as rookies or does it mess the whole system up?
that should work in theory. that's what i was planning to do myself. CRAZY that 2k still has not addressed this.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 01-03-2015, 12:48 PM   #583
Rookie

BDubb3424's Arena

I switched the years pro back to the original years after the progression step on the calendar.. I hope that wasn't too early to switch it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2015, 01:30 PM   #584
Rookie

Is there a way to adjust what Joakim Noah does upon grabbing a defensive rebound?

Instead of landing and looking to pass off to the PG. He does that animation where he turns and looks to initiate a fast break on his own. And if you don't move at all, all the other players run up the court meaning Noah has to bring it out himself.

I've looked in attributes and tendencies and haven't seen anything that would help me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »