Home

HoopKnights - 2k17 Custom Roster Collaboration Project

This is a discussion on HoopKnights - 2k17 Custom Roster Collaboration Project within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2016, 04:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
HoopKnights - 2k17 Custom Roster Collaboration Project

Roster makers unite! The goals are efficiency and quality. I see the roster forum littered with several people all working on off season rosters and it kills me knowing we could do so much more as a community. If we all worked together as one, 2016 off season rosters could have been done already and we'd be on our way to completing a 2016 Olympics Roster! My hope is we can bring together roster makers across all platforms to contribute to a project that will not only create better rosters, but more rosters to play with that go so far in depth, it's only possible with a large crew of basketball fanatics that are in love with the game.

We all know it takes time to determine ratings for hundreds of players. At best it's an estimate, at its worst, an arbitrary number that meddles with the fickle balance of 2k gameplay. Not to mention the redundancy of more than one person creating the same CAP! If we shared and collaborated, we could have so many more CAPS than we already have to create complete historic teams and more.

A group of roster makers has already been working together on a universal spreadsheet for 2k17 that will include every Cap face, attribute, tendency, sig, accessory etc. for every player that has set foot on an NBA court. Every applicable rating, tendency and badge is stat driven using SonicMage's data collecting program while subjective ratings will be scrutinized and tested in gameplay before being published as complete.

In less than 2 months we will have 2k17 in our hands ready to play! By End of September, we could be inputting numbers from a stat sheet for all platforms on a variety of roster projects including current season, specific past seasons, past playoffs, Olympics, all time best fantasy, all time best teams, past drafts, future drafts, fictional drafts, d league and more!

But we need more contributors. The time you spend on your own roster could be spent on a project bigger and better than one person could ever accomplish. If you specialize in one particular area like accessories but suck at other stuff like faces, that's still great! You can spend your time editing on exactly where your strengths lie.

I hope you're amped for 2k17 and all its new features. And I hope you decide to be part of this exciting collaboration!

1) Post here if you have questions or to declare what you would like to help with.
2) PM VizzyXV to get added on groupme, join our discussion and contribute to the spreadsheet.

Coach Josh

Last edited by Coachjosh21; 07-20-2016 at 05:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2016, 05:22 PM   #2
Pro

Re: HoopKnights - 2k17 Custom Roster Collaboration Project

And...

If some of you feel that you are not interested in editing rosters, but rather draft classes, just hit me (and Vizzy for that link)up. Any help with spreadsheets are welcome, and the draft classes have their own sheet.

http://sportgeek.wixsite.com/sportblogs
Old 07-23-2016, 11:52 AM   #3
Just started!

Hey I tried adding VizzyXV on groupme but nothing appears. I would love to get added my user is garrettkam
Old 07-23-2016, 12:54 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettkam
Hey I tried adding VizzyXV on groupme but nothing appears. I would love to get added my user is garrettkam
Send him a pm here on OS and he should give you the link

Lähetetty minun LG-H440n laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Old 07-23-2016, 10:29 PM   #5
MVP

Jaiveer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettkam
I don't think he can pm Vizzy because he doesn't have enough posts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2016, 10:41 PM   #6
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Really excited to be a part of this group! Like Coach said, the more the merrier in our band of merry men.

We've been hashing out plans to release a lot of exciting material for NBA 2K17, including some unexpected extracurriculars that will make players feel even more engaged in their quick games, MyLeague seasons, and the newly restored Playoff mode.

But we need more active hands on the project. Particularly, looking for those with skills in doing appearances. CAP's, Accessories, Shoes, Signatures. The players' behaviors are already headed in the right direction, but we strongly feel they need to look the part, too. We are looking to produce the absolute best set of players in terms of authenticity, so if you have an interest in re-creating every player in NBA history, this is the group for you!

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 07-31-2016, 03:58 AM   #7
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

So how is this thing going? Any ETA?
Old 07-31-2016, 06:32 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
So how is this thing going? Any ETA?
As of 2k16, the guys are pushing for a two team demo.

As of 2k17, we are still working on the spreadsheet

Lähetetty minun LG-H440n laitteesta Tapatalkilla

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »