Home

99-00 and 00-01 rosters(PS4)Would anyone be interested?

This is a discussion on 99-00 and 00-01 rosters(PS4)Would anyone be interested? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2018, 12:32 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0

I have been dying to have one of or even both of those seasons in the game and I figure if I want them I might have to do it myself and I have found two rosters that I could use as a base. I can use either Zachen foot’s 98-99 roster or an 02-03 roster that is on the PS4. I forgot the name of the creator of the 02-03 roster, but I will link you guys his PSN as soon as I play the game again. I moved some of the teams players from their regular roster to classic teams so they would have more accurate looking courts, but other than that 100% of the players and their likeness belong to the original creator.

Anyway what I’d plan to do is use one of those rosters as a base and work backwards from there. Using Basketball reference I have determined that an average of at least 40 significant players(100 games played or more)retire each season so I would have to make only 100-150 players to complete this project. That is of course also not counting the players that are already in the game so it is probably slightly less than that.

Now for the devil in the details. I have experience in creating custom rosters for the NHL series for my own enjoyment. I have completed a lot of classic rosters on those games, but they are very limited as not only can you not share them with people but the creation zone forces you to still use preset faces. I tried my best to make the players look like themselves as much as possible, but there was only so much I could do. Transitioning to 2k is an adjustment I’m nervous about as the creation suite is much more in depth and I feel it is much more important for Basketball players to have accurate faces as they play without helmets. I want to try to get player likeness as good as possible, but I can’t make any promises.

I have never shared a roster before and feel a bit in over my head so if there is anyone who has experience with making rosters in 2k any advice or even better yet help in finishing these rosters would be appreciated. I want to get this down to a formula so I can be as efficient as possible. With all that said I await your replies and hope to gauge how much interest there might be in this possible project.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2018, 12:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grentthealien
I have been dying to have one of or even both of those seasons in the game and I figure if I want them I might have to do it myself and I have found two rosters that I could use as a base. I can use either Zachen foot’s 98-99 roster or an 02-03 roster that is on the PS4. I forgot the name of the creator of the 02-03 roster, but I will link you guys his PSN as soon as I play the game again. I moved some of the teams players from their regular roster to classic teams so they would have more accurate looking courts, but other than that 100% of the players and their likeness belong to the original creator.

Anyway what I’d plan to do is use one of those rosters as a base and work backwards from there. Using Basketball reference I have determined that an average of at least 40 significant players(100 games played or more)retire each season so I would have to make only 100-150 players to complete this project. That is of course also not counting the players that are already in the game so it is probably slightly less than that.

Now for the devil in the details. I have experience in creating custom rosters for the NHL series for my own enjoyment. I have completed a lot of classic rosters on those games, but they are very limited as not only can you not share them with people but the creation zone forces you to still use preset faces. I tried my best to make the players look like themselves as much as possible, but there was only so much I could do. Transitioning to 2k is an adjustment I’m nervous about as the creation suite is much more in depth and I feel it is much more important for Basketball players to have accurate faces as they play without helmets. I want to try to get player likeness as good as possible, but I can’t make any promises.

I have never shared a roster before and feel a bit in over my head so if there is anyone who has experience with making rosters in 2k any advice or even better yet help in finishing these rosters would be appreciated. I want to get this down to a formula so I can be as efficient as possible. With all that said I await your replies and hope to gauge how much interest there might be in this possible project.

Update/edit: Nevermind! It was a 1998-1999 roster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twitter: @PopcornJones77

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »