Home

Overhaul 2k roster

This is a discussion on Overhaul 2k roster within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2019, 07:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Overhaul 2k roster

PSN: MostFamousDaedae
“Overhaul Roster”
This is a base roster for myleague or my career players. I have overhauled tendencies of every player on every team. The reason was for realistic stats in game/simulation as well as better gameplay. Some things I tweaked-

Shot tendency: I tweaked every players to replicate real life stats & player dna

Three point tendency: for realistic 3pa per game for every player

Contested three: for a entirely more realistic gameplay. These were entirely too low for everyone. To the point that even w game slider three to 100, players still rarely attempted 3s. Now players who should shoot them shoot them at a realistic pace.
Dish to open man: edited every player to get real assist stats when simulating.
Touches: so the sugar will be spread more & you will see less of just the stars scoring all day & less big men only attempting 2 shots in an entire game which is ridiculous.

Roll v pop: for more realistic game play when it comes to pick & roll. 3 point shooting Big men who should be popping off the screen have been tweaked to do so & big men who should roll I tweaked for that.
Transition spot up v cut to basket: edited players so that big men cut to the basket/players who don’t shoot the 3. While I edited players who shoot the 3 to spot up & a few shooting big men i made lean more towards sporting up v cutting for example Brook Lopez. Gameplay is so much better because fast breaks look more fluent & realistic instead of seeing everyone including shooters cut every time on fast breaks.

ISO v elite/good/average/poor: I edited big men who are great scorers for example Embid, Harrell, Collins, Cousins, Porzingis etc. doing this make them go to work in game more often so their fga are realistic. Before so I would see players like Embid attempt 6 shots which is horrible.

Play discipline: I made everyone’s plydisc 40 so that players play w more urgency & less robotic. As well as seeing less of players shooting 15 shots in one quarter because their plydisc was too low. Players like harden, lebron etc still play like themselves.

Contest shot: everyone in nba I made 100 because I noticed little to no effort on contesting shots in gameplay from the cpu. This makes gameplay look more realistic & more like an nba game. Don’t worry, with it at 100 the game plays smooth still & you will still be able to make shots. Just more urgency from the CPU

Other things I have changed:
I edited every players shoes to replicate what they wear in real life . You would think 2k would have already addressed this but sadly they didn’t. Resulting in me having to change 75% of the NBA’s shoes.
I left attributes alone except for “foul” & rebounding. Players who faithfully go to the line I made 100 . Even at 100 it’s hard to get fouls per game stats that they get in real life however it helps a lot with simulation stats. Also now you will see realistic rebounding stats & gameplay. Before my tweaks, players rebound stats were overly bloated.

I overhauled assign plays for every player & team. I removed guard post up for any player who had it because that one is broke & they make your guard post up entirely too much . So for guards & forwards who actually post such as Ben Simmons, Khawi Leonard, & Westly Mathews; I changed them to post up low. For every other player I made sure that every player assigned priority’s were correct. There were many incorrect & missing for so many players. After fixing this the gameplay is 100% better because players play like themselves.

This is the base roster 2k SHOULDVE made in the first place smh but they are too lazy or just don’t care about us myleague players lol. I would appreciate feedback, it took me 100s of hours plus in total to get these right & having to simulate a season 100 plus time to calculate what needed tweaks. I went by per 36 minutes to scale & tweak. For game play I had to watch 100s of cpu v cpu games as well 100s of user v cpu. I hope you guys like it & again I would appreciate feedback. I feel this is the most complete & authentic roster on 2k20 in the world as far as gameplay & simulation stats. I also have cpu v cpu sliders & user v cpu sliders. Lmk if you guys would like me to share them. I feel my sliders work best with this roster & haven’t tried them on any other slider set but it should be close if you use your own slider set.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2019, 11:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Overhaul 2k roster

Just made more tweaks to some players shot tendency & a few rebounding tweaks & I fixed the jump shot of Taytum, Lebron, Lonzo, Westbrook, Anthony Davis, Paul George, Brandon Ingram, Bradley Beal, Melo, Kemba, Blake Griffin, Trae Young, Ben Simmons, Kris Middleton, Luka the Don, Devin Booker, Zion, Khawi, Kyle Korver, Demar, KD, D Russell, Fred VanVleet, Lou Will, Stephen Curry, Kyrie, Danny Green, Cam Reddish, James Harden, Ja Morant, Jamal Murray, & the entire Knicks team (Knicks are my favorite team).

Old 11-28-2019, 07:44 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Overhaul 2k roster

I like the look of the roster. I would like to try your cpu vs cpu sliders

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »