Home

Freelance Isolation tendencies

This is a discussion on Freelance Isolation tendencies within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2019, 08:56 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0

I'm testing the Clippers right now, and I haven't seen PG, Lou, or Kawhi isolate on the perimeter. I have the Clippers "Run Plays" set to 20, and all their offensive points of emphasis are neutral, and I listed their tendencies below.

Is there something else I have to do? Do players have to have the Isolation Point play type in order to utilize the Iso tendencies? Thanks.

Kawhi Leonard
Play Discipline: 15
Iso vs Poor: 99
Iso vs Avg: 95
Iso vs Good: 85
Iso vs Elite: 60

Paul George
Play Discipline: 0
Iso vs Avg: 95
Iso vs Good: 95
Iso vs Elite: 60

Lou Williams
Play Discipline: 5
Iso vs Avg: 85
Iso vs Good: 85
Iso vs Elite: 40
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2019, 03:38 PM   #2
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Re: Freelance Isolation tendencies

Is this just a Clippers thing? I’m actually making a Switch roster now based almost entirely on your tendencies (incredible work by the way) and I see a good number of isos, though I only tested the Clippers like once
Old 12-06-2019, 10:26 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
Is this just a Clippers thing? I’m actually making a Switch roster now based almost entirely on your tendencies (incredible work by the way) and I see a good number of isos, though I only tested the Clippers like once
The players you've seen isolate, do they have either Isolation or Isolation Point as one of their play types?
Old 12-07-2019, 02:01 PM   #4
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5

Bro as detailed as you get with tendencies you need to make a roster for release. I'd kill to try it. For Xbox 1 of course lol
Old 12-07-2019, 09:13 PM   #5
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
The players you've seen isolate, do they have either Isolation or Isolation Point as one of their play types?

I’ve mainly been testing for the purpose of finding the best slider set for your tendencies, and I’ve been testing mostly against the Rockets, since they play so distinctively (and if they’re not taking a million 3s, sliders need adjusting). I can say that Harden and Westbrook iso a good amount, and they do have the Isolation type.

One thing to note: Since I didnt see a Shot tendency in your sheet, I took your Passes per FGA number (which seems to use a 0-100 scale), inverted it along a 100 scale (e.g., 20 becomes 80, 30 becomes 70), then rescaled the numbers 30-100 (actually 99). So the formula is ((100 - PPFGA) * 0.7) + 30. That’s my Shot tendency. Harden = 86, Westbrook = 79. I’m using the 18-19 numbers.

EDIT: Also using CelticLG’s Badge edits, if that matters

EDIT 2: oh and for sliders, Ive seen isos with i think all Ive tested , but ive settled on shadymikes current set (modified slightly for more turnovers

EDIT 3: also 100 zone for every team

Last edited by vetmin; 12-07-2019 at 09:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2019, 03:22 PM   #6
Banned

Do u happen to have a roster? I love the attention to detail

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »