Home

What is your method for making historic draft classes?

This is a discussion on What is your method for making historic draft classes? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2020, 06:07 PM   #1
Rookie

Ar4bAce's Arena

OVR: 0
What is your method for making historic draft classes?

I want to try and recreate some historic classea to myself and am struggling with an accurate way to make sure the stats/potential are somewhat accurate. My current method is looking up a player’s rookie year stats and trying to find the best comp from this year’s rookies and using that as a template. I am inflating everyone’s 3 pt stat a little bit because I want them to make sense in today’s NBA otherwise it would be a whole draft class with bad shooters. For potential I am using BBref to look at similiar winshares and just using that player’s potential.

I want this to be accurate but I also want it to be done quick so I can actually use multiple draft classes so I am not a big stickler for how they look.

What are some methods you guys use?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2020, 08:11 PM   #2
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: What is your method for making historic draft classes?

Which years are you referring to?
Old 05-28-2020, 10:39 PM   #3
Rookie

Ar4bAce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Which years are you referring to?
Just in general, any year. Basically I am just wondering what general template people use.
Old 10-10-2020, 04:20 PM   #4
Rookie

I haven't really been making draft classes, but I'm currently making a 2000-2001 roster on 2k21 for Xbox, and I have had to create tons of players and rate them on stats and stuff I see on Basketball Reference. What I pretty much do is look at their career stats and watch how they progressed and regressed throughout. Then I come up with a possible range I want their overall to be. For example I created Ron Mercer on the bulls, and He was pretty good statistically during those years, but he was also on a very bad team. I thought his overall should be in the 79-81 range. So after I gave him badges and fixed his attributes I checked his overall to see that he was an 82, so I nerfed him a bit. I pretty much think of players on levels of talent. So like Superstars are 93 and above, Then other stars are 87-92. Then there are the good players who have made an all star team, in the 83-86 range. Then 78-82 is a quality starter, and so on. It really just comes down to how you gage talent and what your overall system is like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »