Home

NBA 2K19 Completed Classic Teams Starter Kit (XBox)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Completed Classic Teams Starter Kit (XBox) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2018, 10:34 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
NBA 2K19 Completed Classic Teams Starter Kit (XBox)

File Name: Retro

Gamertag: Swove

System: XBox One

Status: Uploaded with all accessories, most primary rotations accounted for, and some signature dunk edits.

Most years it seems to be a struggle to find an XBoxOne roster with any semblance of edited classic teams, so I began making one. This roster has the following:

1. All accessories for each of the 60+ classic teams completed

2. Shoes that match the general scheme of each classic team's playoff run (if there was a playoff run). Certain players have created shoes, which I bet don't make it through the roster download (Kobe's 2001 Adidas, a number of Jordans, Sheed's AF1's).

3. Some edited dunking repertoires to better match certain real life aerial abilities.

4. A handful of prominent players previously missing from teams, included but not limited to: Rasheed Wallace, Orlando Woolridge, Tayshaun Prince, Kurt Thomas, Chris Childs, Carl Herrera, Anthony Mason, Randy Brown, Scott Burrell, new version of Vinny Del Negro (currently listed as Vinny Del on account of the roster upload name filter), Raja Bell, Hedo Turkoglu, Jason Collins, Mike James, Slava Medvedenko, Michael Olowokandi, Glenn Robinson, Nazr Mohammed, Rasho Nesterovic, Mike Miller, Monta Ellis, Mickael Pietrus, Andris Biedrins, Matt Barnes, Rafer Alston (who I just noticed did not have his attributes touched and is currently at an insanely high overall), CJ Watson, Roy Hibbert, and Chris Bosh.

All of the accurate looking versions of these players were created by someone else, usually from this forum (OJ, Tgor, Sellaz, etc). Any bad versions are undoubtedly mine. In some cases, missing player attributes have been copied from another already existing player with similar abilities. That's to say, attributes have a lot of room for refinement.

5. Best fit rotations. If a team includes almost all of its rotation players, its rotation is generally on point. If certain important players are missing (say, Gene Banks from the '86 Bulls) then minutes were forced to go to certain players who didn't see that kind of time in real life (ex: George Gervin on those same '86 Bulls).

6. Very Small amount of players added to the All-Time teams. Certain random creations I saw floating around appeared so lifelike that I opted to include them in my roster. Off the top of my head, that'd be Lamar Odom (all-time Clippers), Gilbert Arenas (all-time Wizards), bald Latrell Sprewell (All-Time Warriors), and Nets-era Vince Carter (all-time Nets).

Notes on what this roster isn't:

1) It's not complete. There's still a number of missing role players, let alone 13-man rosters for each team. Guys like Linas Kleiza, Norris Cole, Hot Rod Williams, and Chucky Atkins are all still AWOL. My goal was to get most teams to a position where a game could be played using a mostly realistic or entirely realistic playoff rotation.

2) It doesn't have a solution to the short shorts issue.

3) It doesn't have blue accessories for the '87 and '91 Lakers. That proper change wasn't made by 2K until this roster had already begun.

I have visions of grandeur where I'm able to flex a number of these teams by adding certain players at the end of the roster to allow users to play as different years of the same general team. The '96 Sonics, for instance, have Kendall Gill at the end of the bench just in case someone wished to go back in time and play as the '95 or '94 Sonics, with the addition of many of their older jerseys and whatnot. The '98 Spurs also have Steve Kerr, since a '99 team would be very fitting considering the '99 Knicks inclusion. I'd like to do that for a few more teams.

I've also pondered turning some All-Time teams into more classic teams but you know what? Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out in 23 days and I feel like I'll probably be taking an indefinite leave from roster building at that point.

Last edited by VDusen04; 10-05-2018 at 07:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2018, 07:54 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K19 Completed Classic Teams Starter Kit (XBox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
File Name: Retro

Gamertag: Swove

System: XBox One

Most years it seems to be a struggle to find an XBoxOne roster with any semblance of edited classic teams, so I began making one. This roster has the following:

1. All accessories for each of the 60+ classic teams completed

2. Shoes that match the general scheme of each classic team's playoff run (if there was a playoff run). Certain players have created shoes, which I bet don't make it through the roster download (Kobe's 2001 Adidas, a number of Jordans, Sheed's AF1's).

3. Some edited dunking repertoires to better match certain real life aerial abilities.

4. A handful of prominent players previously missing from teams, included but not limited to: Rasheed Wallace, Orlando Woolridge, Tayshaun Prince, Kurt Thomas, Chris Childs, Carl Herrera, Anthony Mason, Randy Brown, Scott Burrell, new version of Vinny Del Negro (currently listed as Vinny Del on account of the roster upload name filter), Raja Bell, Hedo Turkoglu, Jason Collins, Mike James, Slava Medvedenko, Michael Olowokandi, Glenn Robinson, Nazr Mohammed, Rasho Nesterovic, Mike Miller, Monta Ellis, Mickael Pietrus, Andris Biedrins, Matt Barnes, Rafer Alston (who I just noticed did not have his attributes touched and is currently at an insanely high overall), CJ Watson, Roy Hibbert, and Chris Bosh.

All of the accurate looking versions of these players were created by someone else, usually from this forum (OJ, Tgor, Sellaz, etc). Any bad versions are undoubtedly mine. In some cases, missing player attributes have been copied from another already existing player with similar abilities. That's to say, attributes have a lot of room for refinement.

5. Best fit rotations. If a team includes almost all of its rotation players, its rotation is generally on point. If certain important players are missing (say, Gene Banks from the '86 Bulls) then minutes were forced to go to certain players who didn't see that kind of time in real life (ex: George Gervin on those same '86 Bulls).

6. Very Small amount of players added to the All-Time teams. Certain random creations I saw floating around appeared so lifelike that I opted to include them in my roster. Off the top of my head, that'd be Lamar Odom (all-time Clippers), Gilbert Arenas (all-time Wizards), bald Latrell Sprewell (All-Time Warriors), and Nets-era Vince Carter (all-time Nets).

Notes on what this roster isn't:

1) It's not complete. There's still a number of missing role players, let alone 13-man rosters for each team. Guys like Linas Kleiza, Norris Cole, Hot Rod Williams, and Chucky Atkins are all still AWOL. My goal was to get most teams to a position where a game could be played using a mostly realistic or entirely realistic playoff rotation.

2) It doesn't have a solution to the short shorts issue.

3) It doesn't have blue accessories for the '87 and '91 Lakers. That proper change wasn't made by 2K until this roster had already begun.

I have visions of grandeur where I'm able to flex a number of these teams by adding certain players at the end of the roster to allow users to play as different years of the same general team. The '96 Sonics, for instance, have Kendall Gill at the end of the bench just in case someone wished to go back in time and play as the '95 or '94 Sonics, with the addition of many of their older jerseys and whatnot. The '98 Spurs also have Steve Kerr, since a '99 team would be very fitting considering the '99 Knicks inclusion. I'd like to do that for a few more teams.

I've also pondered turning some All-Time teams into more classic teams but you know what? Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out in 23 days and I feel like I'll probably be taking an indefinite leave from roster building at that point.
Hey bro PM when you’re done and I’ll sent you my 2001 lakers team. I’m just waiting on the old triangle plays to be added back to this years game
Old 10-05-2018, 07:08 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by taildog
Hey bro PM when you’re done and I’ll sent you my 2001 lakers team. I’m just waiting on the old triangle plays to be added back to this years game
I don't think it'll ever be fully complete. I've uploaded a roster with the things I mentioned above (all accessories done, many players completed, proper rotations, etc) but I mostly just put it out there in case anyone else wanted a jump start on a particular project of their own.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for this. Things I noticed just skimming:

- There's two Kobe Bryant's on the 97-98 Lakers
- The Derek Fisher CAP on the 97-98 Lakers looks amazing, but he's wearing knee high socks
- The 99-00 Blazers and 03-04 Rasheed Wallace are the same age
- Your 01-02 Kings Hedo Turkoglu CAP looks good but you should make his hair and facial hair a shade darker since you can't add highlights to hair
- Thank you for adding accessories. That was probably a pain but the detail is much appreciated
- Maybe if you have an idea of how classic teams played update their coach preferences. For example: patient tempo offense for the 01 Lakers, Run in Transition for the 05-06 Warriors, etc

All in all great job, this is very cool
Old 10-14-2018, 01:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Edit: Also maybe replace players with awful 2K player models with community caps if available. For example 03-04 Kobe Bryant looks awful, Divac on the Kings, Jason Williams on the Heat, etc. Just copy 2K's player ratings if need be and update appearance, accessories
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2018, 03:02 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookingfora2kleague
Thanks for this. Things I noticed just skimming:

- There's two Kobe Bryant's on the 97-98 Lakers
- The Derek Fisher CAP on the 97-98 Lakers looks amazing, but he's wearing knee high socks
- The 99-00 Blazers and 03-04 Rasheed Wallace are the same age
- Your 01-02 Kings Hedo Turkoglu CAP looks good but you should make his hair and facial hair a shade darker since you can't add highlights to hair
- Thank you for adding accessories. That was probably a pain but the detail is much appreciated
- Maybe if you have an idea of how classic teams played update their coach preferences. For example: patient tempo offense for the 01 Lakers, Run in Transition for the 05-06 Warriors, etc

All in all great job, this is very cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookingfora2kleague
Edit: Also maybe replace players with awful 2K player models with community caps if available. For example 03-04 Kobe Bryant looks awful, Divac on the Kings, Jason Williams on the Heat, etc. Just copy 2K's player ratings if need be and update appearance, accessories
The feedback is appreciated. Regarding the two Kobe's on the '98 Lakers, I ran into a glitch with the Adidas Crazy 8's so I had to add a new Kobe from another roster file where I could properly add the 8's with the proper colorway. I left the other Kobe in case people insisted on having one with a statistical file.

There's also two Vinny Del Negros on the 1998 Spurs: the original and ojandpizza's created version that I feel looks superior. The second one is named Vinny Del because I assumed his name would trip up the profanity censor during upload.

Also, as a big fan of the 2004 Pistons and their series with the Lakers, I was on the lookout for a good 2004 Kobe Bryant but couldn't find one at the time of that team's edit a few weeks ago. I'll have to dig back in and see what I can find now. I have to believe someone's cranked one out.

For some reason I had Derek Fisher listed as having long socks his rookie year in my accessory notes. Maybe I just mixed up his accessories with Nick Van Exel's or something. Thanks for noticing that.

Lastly, good idea regarding the CAP replacements of poor-looking legends. I'm currently making some new and alternative classic teams out of players already in the game (i.e. '97 Bullets, '91 Spurs, '01 Hornets, '01 Bucks) so it may be a little bit before I circle back around to some of the other teams.

Last edited by VDusen04; 10-14-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:38 PM   #7
MVP

Plumdog Millionaire's Arena

I'll have to check this out. As much as I'd rather 2k just get everyone right the first time, I kind of enjoy the process of fixing these teams up
Old 06-05-2021, 04:09 PM   #8
Just started!

This is awesome!!!
But I’m too late to get to this thread, 2K19’s servers were shut down months ago

I would love to know, is there a way to share the roster offline?
Maybe not....sad

Thanks anyway

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »