Home

Armor & Swords “Average Joe” NBA2K23 Pro Level “Era Mode” Sliders Real FG%/FT%

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords “Average Joe” NBA2K23 Pro Level “Era Mode” Sliders Real FG%/FT% within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2022, 10:43 AM   #297
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Armor & Swords “Average Joe” NBA2K23 Pro Level “Era Mode” Sliders Real FG%/FT%

Question: the era rosters - there's no way to just grab those rosters and use them in a "play now" / exhibition mode, correct?

I don't want to jump into a season or anything like that. I just like random matchups and games I can just pick and play from any era. But I might be stupid - that can't be done? Thanks!!

(And I've been so busy I haven't touched my PS5 in weeks - I'm coaching basketball at my HS as an assistant, I'm the lead Middle School coach, and I also do a lot of scouting trips - so I'm just never home, and when I am - 7 hours in the gym each day is exhausting).
Old 11-30-2022, 06:47 PM   #298
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Armor & Swords “Average Joe” NBA2K23 Pro Level “Era Mode” Sliders Real FG%/FT%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Question: the era rosters - there's no way to just grab those rosters and use them in a "play now" / exhibition mode, correct?

I don't want to jump into a season or anything like that. I just like random matchups and games I can just pick and play from any era. But I might be stupid - that can't be done? Thanks!!

(And I've been so busy I haven't touched my PS5 in weeks - I'm coaching basketball at my HS as an assistant, I'm the lead Middle School coach, and I also do a lot of scouting trips - so I'm just never home, and when I am - 7 hours in the gym each day is exhausting).
Welcome to life as a coach. I’ve been a middle school basketball coach for about 8 years now. It’s crazy how many hours a week I’m coaching.
Old 12-01-2022, 07:59 AM   #299
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Armor & Swords “Average Joe” NBA2K23 Pro Level “Era Mode” Sliders Real FG%/FT%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33

Yeah MK no way to use Era rosters in play now. However there are tons of great stock classic teams you can do that with and someone also made a thread in the roster section (OS user name Fidel1978) that made 60 classic teams plus the stock ones and you can use that for what you like to do!!

Good luck on your coaching journey. Mine ended in Fall 2020 (baseball) after 15 plus years (it was time to focus on my own sons college baseball pursuit). Was a fantastic experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 12-01-2022, 07:51 PM   #300
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddiestduck
Hey man.

So, I can't speak on behalf of the player lock style.

BUT

I've used these for 90s and 80s Era both online and offline.

But what I can say is these are a solid set of BALANCED sliders. I made some tweaks and I use shot timing for user preference. But I enjoy these alot.

I've used some other sliders - pop boy, schnaidt, essentric - each have their pros and cons. But I could never finish a game. Teams were shooting 60-70%. And I was down 15-20 before I knew what hit me. Frustration hits and I question why I turned the game on.

These feel different. They say Average Joe. I would say I'm SLIGHTLY above that level with my 2k experience (I start on all star then upload the sliders) but these allow me to just relax and play basketball. I'm not super stressed trying to play perfect. Or looking for cheese. I know that good defense matters, smart offense matters. The games play out great.

I just played a modern Era game with these to test.

Wolves vs Cavs

I won by 4. Battled back from a 12 point deficit. Even with user timing I only shot 42%. I like to take "questionable" shots cuz I know those shots happen in real life. (Goes back to the relaxing and having fun part from above).

You could tweak shooting to make more shots. I have a few tweaks of my own.

I only played 7 min qtrs. But I found it an enjoyable experience. And I think these are Def worth a shot regardless of Era.

I can always stream sometime if you want to see them in action.

Credit to the game 2k put out. And for Armour's dedication to push the game further.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Operation Sports mobile app

You hit the nail on the head. I totally tried those other sliders and was best bad. Lost 14 games in a row. I have tried 2 games with Armor and split the games. I like them and will continue.

Old 12-04-2022, 09:48 PM   #301
Rookie

Any adj post patch on these?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2022, 02:39 PM   #302
Rookie

from33to77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunRickyRun24
Any adj post patch on these?

The problem is being the shooting . So maybe by editing ai sliders for shooting will do the job. I'll try to add +3 to every shot exept 3 points to see what happens. I think it's necessary to bump up these parameters untill the ai shoot correctly

Edit on ai side :
+3/4 on inside shot/close/middle and layup seemed to do the job more or less

At least the ai can shoot. Then for the difficulty lower or bump up the offensive awareness

Last edited by from33to77; 12-05-2022 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-06-2022, 08:24 PM   #303
Rookie

I’m sorry if this has been said but just got the game and was wondering what to use for the Kobe era?

Old 12-11-2022, 03:10 AM   #304
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Yeah MK no way to use Era rosters in play now. However there are tons of great stock classic teams you can do that with and someone also made a thread in the roster section (OS user name Fidel1978) that made 60 classic teams plus the stock ones and you can use that for what you like to do!!

Good luck on your coaching journey. Mine ended in Fall 2020 (baseball) after 15 plus years (it was time to focus on my own sons college baseball pursuit). Was a fantastic experience.

Hey,
Thanks for sharing your magnificent sliders and settings. I was just wondering if you had uploaded your MyEra settings for the Jordan Era to 2k Share yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »