Home

Sliders for development over the course of a season

This is a discussion on Sliders for development over the course of a season within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2015, 12:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sliders for development over the course of a season

Hey all, I just wanted to share an idea for sliders that I've been using for a while. It keeps the game fresh for me in a long season. And it's rewarding to use in my league mode.

One of my biggest pet peeves with this game is how the gameplay in pre season is pretty much the same as game 7 of the finals. Real NBA Preseason games are usually ugly. Lots of mistakes and people look lost sometimes. But then you have games in the playoffs like the Spurs shooting 90% in the 4th quarter against the Heat in the finals.

These sliders aren't anything fancy or complicated. You can incorporate this idea in whatever sliders you normally use. I simply lower them from the default numbers at the start of a new season and they increase to the all the way back to default by playoffs. What you'll see is some unforced turnovers and easy shots missed in for the beginning of the season. Players get tired quicker. Also lowering the shooting tendency causes players to not take some shots as quickly as they would with tendencies turned up. As the season goes on your team and the CPU will get more consistent just like the real NBA. Teams that you saw in November will be better in spring. I especially enjoy the learning curve after playing in the playoffs then going to pre season the following year. It feels like what the NBA players must go through after a long break. You feel rusty and awkward. You know what you want to do but your body doesn't react as you expect. It's a challenge figuring out how to keep control of the ball and play better defense.

For 82 games - lower each slider (except vertical, speed, quickness, fatigue rate) by 8. Lower hustle by only 5 instead of 8. Raise each slider by 1 for each month of the season. Lower by 8 in off season.

For 29 games - lower each slider by 8 (except vertical, speed, quickness, fatigue rate). Lower hustle by only 5 instead of 8. Raise by 1 in November, raise by 2 in January, raise by 2 in March, raise by 2 for playoffs, raise by 1 for NBA finals. Lower by 8 in off season.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Coachjosh21; 04-29-2015 at 01:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2015, 09:19 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Sliders for development over the course of a season

I actually like this idea, maybe ill try it out

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »