Home

POKE'S NBA 2K16 SUPERSTAR SIM SLIDERS

This is a discussion on POKE'S NBA 2K16 SUPERSTAR SIM SLIDERS within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2016, 03:19 PM   #393
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: POKE'S NBA 2K16 SUPERSTAR SIM SLIDERS

after several attempts to try and nuoviroster slidersho decided to go avanticon roster 2k, and sliders to poke in the end I find them best
I Portland against Pelicans, always game point to point, lost at the buzzer with a shot Lillard finished on Leonard iron and iron shot on the rebound with ever for a draw, no way go out with an L
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4826.jpg (557.7 KB, 254 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4827.jpg (508.5 KB, 258 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4828.jpg (511.0 KB, 255 views)
Old 06-12-2016, 12:17 AM   #394
Rookie

I'm having a weird problem in 2 franchises with these sliders. I thought it was an anomaly with the first one and did another one after. I can't progress past the Draft Lottery in 2018, the date for both franchises is June 29, 2018. It always crashes to the Xbox home screen when I try to do the draft lottery or sim past it. How can I progress? What can the problem be?
Old 06-12-2016, 08:11 AM   #395
Rookie

The_Gaming_Disciple's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets3214
I'm having a weird problem in 2 franchises with these sliders. I thought it was an anomaly with the first one and did another one after. I can't progress past the Draft Lottery in 2018, the date for both franchises is June 29, 2018. It always crashes to the Xbox home screen when I try to do the draft lottery or sim past it. How can I progress? What can the problem be?
I have advocated this for a few years now, and dropped this knowledge in the NCAA football thread.

Whenever too many slider adjustments are made in the game it introduces bugs (glitches) that causes the game to freeze, run slow, become glitchy/twitchy.

These games are programmed to run smoothly/fluidly on default out of the box settings. They are designed to have certain animations/outcomes happen at certain times within the game.

My wife is a computer programmer for state law enforcement and creates programs all day. I asked her about this because it was so frustrating when sliders would blatantly affect gameplay. She broke it down with regards to how development software works.

Unfortunately we as consumers won't get the truth from game developers no matter how much they boast about how sliders help us control gameplay.

Hope this long post helped.
"Florida State, the only FBS Division-1 school to finish consecutively in the AP top 5 poll for 14 years. This is a record that no other collegiate football team will ever remotely come close to accomplishing again."

#Unconquered
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 09:55 PM   #396
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gaming_Disciple
I have advocated this for a few years now, and dropped this knowledge in the NCAA football thread.

Whenever too many slider adjustments are made in the game it introduces bugs (glitches) that causes the game to freeze, run slow, become glitchy/twitchy.

These games are programmed to run smoothly/fluidly on default out of the box settings. They are designed to have certain animations/outcomes happen at certain times within the game.

My wife is a computer programmer for state law enforcement and creates programs all day. I asked her about this because it was so frustrating when sliders would blatantly affect gameplay. She broke it down with regards to how development software works.

Unfortunately we as consumers won't get the truth from game developers no matter how much they boast about how sliders help us control gameplay.

Hope this long post helped.
I'm a programmer as well, doing my Master's in Computer Science and I can't seem to figure out what it could be. I have a feeling that it might be something with my roster? I didn't expect sliders to have such an impact, even resetting sliders to default won't allow me to progress so maybe the damage is done? I do remember in the first franchise that Kendall Marshall was glitched on the 76ers and anytime I pressed on him in rotations, the game crashed. He should be a free agent now though. Kendall Marshall wasn't glitched in the second franchise.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:13 PM   #397
Rookie

I'm sure it's on here somewhere but to save me reading thru 50 pages. Is this uploaded to ps4???
Old 07-20-2016, 11:54 AM   #398
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

Just finished testing a few very needed tweeks. Updating OP now.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:33 PM   #399
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
Just finished testing a few very needed tweeks. Updating OP now.
Why the changes after all this time? I'm finding the sliders great before today's update. Just curious what you're seeing.

Started a my league following my career. 4-1 in my league so far with previous sliders. Can't complain about cpu performance. If anything I feel they're shooting a little too poorly, before I make today's edits.

Cheers
Old 07-21-2016, 11:00 AM   #400
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazz1
Why the changes after all this time? I'm finding the sliders great before today's update. Just curious what you're seeing.

Started a my league following my career. 4-1 in my league so far with previous sliders. Can't complain about cpu performance. If anything I feel they're shooting a little too poorly, before I make today's edits.

Cheers
Some changes have been due its just that I was busy too busy to do anything. I didn't change much but the reason I did change what I did was because :

The ball was being knocked out of the hands too often
It was way too difficult to get separation even with players who excel at creating their own shot
The CPU were making some ridiculous contested shots at a too high of a percentage inside and close
Too many missed mid range and long shots by USER as well as contested shots.
It was rare to see the CPU shoot in the 30's. I now see a better variety of shooting percentages

Last edited by Poke; 07-22-2016 at 01:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »