Home

Jordan's Own Realistic 2k17 sliders

This is a discussion on Jordan's Own Realistic 2k17 sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-28-2016, 01:39 PM   #625
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Jordan's Own Realistic 2k17 sliders

I believe it would be fair to give the changes a shot, more than one. For me 2.9 plays great for example.

I usually put all my game stats in a spreadsheet which compares averages with real NBA, for every game I play in MyGM. This way I can see what really differs stats wise. I also keep all CPU stats.

So what do we need to adress? Because the game "feels" great and most of us are happy with that. But if you are a stat maniac you see that CPU blocks are too few (again, not in one single game, but in 10 or 20), like 1 or 2 per game. Rebounds are too many. Rare are the games where Def Rebs are less than 40 for player and CPU.

So I see why Ace is trying to change sliders again, because every slider maker is usually a stats fan. The latest changes he tried to put in 3.0 have a reason to be there and I see where he wants to go. So maybe a midway point between the good old 2.8 and latest changes is the way to go.

If you are not a stats fanatic 2.8 and 2.9 are almost perfect, I agree, because every game is really enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 02:27 PM   #626
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
I believe it would be fair to give the changes a shot, more than one. For me 2.9 plays great for example.

I usually put all my game stats in a spreadsheet which compares averages with real NBA, for every game I play in MyGM. This way I can see what really differs stats wise. I also keep all CPU stats.

So what do we need to adress? Because the game "feels" great and most of us are happy with that. But if you are a stat maniac you see that CPU blocks are too few (again, not in one single game, but in 10 or 20), like 1 or 2 per game. Rebounds are too many. Rare are the games where Def Rebs are less than 40 for player and CPU.

So I see why Ace is trying to change sliders again, because every slider maker is usually a stats fan. The latest changes he tried to put in 3.0 have a reason to be there and I see where he wants to go. So maybe a midway point between the good old 2.8 and latest changes is the way to go.

If you are not a stats fanatic 2.8 and 2.9 are almost perfect, I agree, because every game is really enjoyable.

I am a stat fan also, but this is a video game so I know that there is not a chance that the game is going to be perfect.

As I said each player has its way of playing so the sliders will have some different effects on each one.

Besides, everyday there's a real game challenging the stats (warriors x raptors was 41 ft game for Toronto, curry hit 13 3's the other day, warriors get 30 plus assists and so on)...

For my taste 2.8 is perfect, but ace deserve credit for trying to make things even better. I just think that there are things sliders won't fix.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2016, 02:32 PM   #627
Pro

Cesco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by takezo1584
I am a stat fan also, but this is a video game so I know that there is not a chance that the game is going to be perfect.

As I said each player has its way of playing so the sliders will have some different effects on each one.

Besides, everyday there's a real game challenging the stats (warriors x raptors was 41 ft game for Toronto, curry hit 13 3's the other day, warriors get 30 plus assists and so on)...

For my taste 2.8 is perfect, but ace deserve credit for trying to make things even better. I just think that there are things sliders won't fix.

I agree on everything you said. Some things cannot be adjusted with sliders, like the infamous non-steal turnovers.

Ace has done a great work so far.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:11 PM   #628
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco

I agree with you, but I'm also a stats fan, and let me show you the stats I'm having with the 2.8 version of the sliders. That's the reason I said to Ace that ther's no need to change the sliders after the 2.8 version. Look at the next stats:

This are the Real Stats. I've highlighted the Raptors, the team I'm playing:

Now look at the stats I'm having in the game:

PPG= Real: 108.3 - Game: 110.7 (Very Equal)
FG%= Real: 46,2% - Game: 44,5% (Very Equal)
3P%= Real: 35,3% - Game: 30,8% (Very Equal)
FT%= Real: 80,9% - Game: 78,4% (Very Equal)
DReb= Real: 31,4 - Game: 49,7 (Too High)
OReb= Real: 10,9 - Game: 13,3 (Equal)
Total Reb= Real: 42,4 - Game: 63 (Too High, because of the DReb)
Assists= Real: 19,2 - Game: 24,1 (Equal)
Blocks= Real: 4,3 - Game: 6,9 (Equal)
Steals= Real: 8,9 - Game: 6,6 (Equal)

The Stats are pretty accurated, and also the game feels very real, winning some games, and losing others, with a real very enjoyable playgame. That's all with the 2.8 version. That's the reason I've said what I said before. I've tried the 2.9 version, and also the 3.0 version, in both cases in about 6 games each, and even the playgame feels good, the stats weren't accurated as I showed before. I mean, the % were very high (in the mids 50%), and also the Total Points. All the games were in the 120s-130s points. That's the reason I defend the 2.8 version, but It's just my opinion. Cheers.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:39 PM   #629
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerlong
I agree with you, but I'm also a stats fan, and let me show you the stats I'm having with the 2.8 version of the sliders. That's the reason I said to Ace that ther's no need to change the sliders after the 2.8 version. Look at the next stats:

This are the Real Stats. I've highlighted the Raptors, the team I'm playing:

Now look at the stats I'm having in the game:

PPG= Real: 108.3 - Game: 110.7 (Very Equal)
FG%= Real: 46,2% - Game: 44,5% (Very Equal)
3P%= Real: 35,3% - Game: 30,8% (Very Equal)
FT%= Real: 80,9% - Game: 78,4% (Very Equal)
DReb= Real: 31,4 - Game: 49,7 (Too High)
OReb= Real: 10,9 - Game: 13,3 (Equal)
Total Reb= Real: 42,4 - Game: 63 (Too High, because of the DReb)
Assists= Real: 19,2 - Game: 24,1 (Equal)
Blocks= Real: 4,3 - Game: 6,9 (Equal)
Steals= Real: 8,9 - Game: 6,6 (Equal)

The Stats are pretty accurated, and also the game feels very real, winning some games, and losing others, with a real very enjoyable playgame. That's all with the 2.8 version. That's the reason I've said what I said before. I've tried the 2.9 version, and also the 3.0 version, in both cases in about 6 games each, and even the playgame feels good, the stats weren't accurated as I showed before. I mean, the % were very high (in the mids 50%), and also the Total Points. All the games were in the 120s-130s points. That's the reason I defend the 2.8 version, but It's just my opinion. Cheers.

Great job

Old 11-29-2016, 01:19 AM   #630
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

I am not having that great of an experience with these sliders. I mean, do guys love them because they are "challenging"? i put quotation marks because it is challengig for me in the wrong way. It's not that i have to play better by CPU to beat them, it's that i have to destroy them to have a shot at winning the game. CPU just makes shots i don't. I am having trouble hitting 3s with Lillard and Mccollum while CPU was hitting these same shots with Hayward or George Hill, who are not bad shooters by any means but still, having tried these sliders for about 4 games, CPU always built the lead off that fact that they just made shots i couldn't.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:19 AM   #631
Pro

Cesco's Arena

Hello guys, thanks for showing me your stats.

I'll show you mine stats when I'm home and in some way they are even better than yours. It would be very useful to see the stats of CPU also, because that's where you really see the effect of the sliders. For example I'm averaging something around 5-6 blocks per game and the CPU is averaging 1.5 in 20 games. Again you are shooting 10 more FT and FTA per game than average, and this could mean fouls against you are too high.

Let's be clear: we are being picky here just for the sake of the stats. Sliders are great.

When I said that something more could be done (= continue changing sliders) was because of stats like rebounds, FT, turnovers, not because of every stat. If it's impossible to change them ok, we are all having fun, no problem with that. If something could be changed I believe a slider maker will always try to achieve that, often in the first months the game is out.

What I'm trying to see is that I see a reason why Ace is still trying to make even better sliders and not settle to previous versions.

Bye!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2016, 03:32 AM   #632
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
I am not having that great of an experience with these sliders. I mean, do guys love them because they are "challenging"? i put quotation marks because it is challengig for me in the wrong way. It's not that i have to play better by CPU to beat them, it's that i have to destroy them to have a shot at winning the game. CPU just makes shots i don't. I am having trouble hitting 3s with Lillard and Mccollum while CPU was hitting these same shots with Hayward or George Hill, who are not bad shooters by any means but still, having tried these sliders for about 4 games, CPU always built the lead off that fact that they just made shots i couldn't.
Do you play with plays and do you also substitute correctly and can you also post a stats pic up so maybe I can see how the game is going for you

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »