Home

NBA2k23 Shooting

This is a discussion on NBA2k23 Shooting within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-24-2022, 02:14 PM   #233
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA2k23 Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinoff
The hook shot is completely failed. The timing of some animations are very very very bad. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.... from the superstar difficulty mode and without shot meter is catastrophic. And the shots close to the rim the timing is horrible.
And that is why they need to bring back shot aiming
Old 09-24-2022, 03:11 PM   #234
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
Exactly!

I was just posting about offline
And wishing the green window is all star with the AI Hall of Fame benefits

Luka plays way smarter and different on hall of fame
And my gripe is the sliders

2k should go back to premade sliders
So you don't have to worry about difficulty levels

For example: if Hall of Fame all it took for Luka to be super aggressive intelligence the offensive awareness premade slider at 80 and I could use that slider on all levels
But unfortunately I'm just dreaming because if I did that on allstar Luka would be playing like a drunk chucker

So my request for 2k24 that the sliders are not tied to difficulty levels if I want the AI Hall of Fame benefits on all-star we could just adjust the slider
I feel like the 2k slider makers have it wrong in thinking that whatever difficulty you use as a base persists after slider changes. I started with eccentric's first set and even though SS was my base, it was absolutely not SS AI.
So I went to default SS for a bit and got much better games. Saw his V3 and gave it a shot and it plays much better only the AI on offense was horrible. Wasn't so much shot percentages as much as they just felt dumb. I made a minor tweak to one of the awareness sliders (5 points in favor of AI I think) and I've lost 4 of the last 6.

It almost feels like the same system from Madden years back where difficulty level is dependent on slider thresholds/totals
Old 09-25-2022, 01:06 AM   #235
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

https://youtu.be/B07xtH_qnTU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2022, 12:40 PM   #236
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

My shooting is finally getting more consistent in MyTeam. I'm really starting to like this change. The one thing that it replicates best this year is the shooter being nervous or hesitant about taking a shot with a closing defender. For the moment, I'm really not seeing a lot of reckless three-point shooting like last year.

Paint mashing is still a problem, but using the "Dig" has been helping a lot.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:46 PM   #237
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
Exactly!

I was just posting about offline
And wishing the green window is all star with the AI Hall of Fame benefits

Luka plays way smarter and different on hall of fame
And my gripe is the sliders

2k should go back to premade sliders
So you don't have to worry about difficulty levels

For example: if Hall of Fame all it took for Luka to be super aggressive intelligence the offensive awareness premade slider at 80 and I could use that slider on all levels
But unfortunately I'm just dreaming because if I did that on allstar Luka would be playing like a drunk chucker

So my request for 2k24 that the sliders are not tied to difficulty levels if I want the AI Hall of Fame benefits on all-star we could just adjust the slider
This is my thoughts exactly!

I can't shoot 3s or stepbacks at all on Superstar or HOF, but think All-Star feels great for shooting. However, I can blow out the CPU by 20-30 every game on all-star and can win on SS. I want the All-Star shooting with HOF AI and challenge from the CPU. The game plays so great minus shooting on that difficulty.
Old 09-25-2022, 01:00 PM   #238
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianyost06
This is my thoughts exactly!

I can't shoot 3s or stepbacks at all on Superstar or HOF, but think All-Star feels great for shooting. However, I can blow out the CPU by 20-30 every game on all-star and can win on SS. I want the All-Star shooting with HOF AI and challenge from the CPU. The game plays so great minus shooting on that difficulty.
So if you put the difficulty on HoF and then edit does it remain the same? Always wondered that. Like if you change one slider one number, example 50 to 49. Does the HoF AI disappear? @EccentricMeat

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2022, 01:38 PM   #239
Rookie

Not sure how that part works. Some of the slider gurus here probably do.

I just want the shot timing from all-star, with everything else HOF.

I haven't figured out w/ sliders how to get that outcome.
Old 09-25-2022, 03:42 PM   #240
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
So if you put the difficulty on HoF and then edit does it remain the same? Always wondered that. Like if you change one slider one number, example 50 to 49. Does the HoF AI disappear? @EccentricMeat

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
The prevailing opinion is that whatever you use as a base before you begin making slider changes matters.
For example if you set it to HOF, but then manually adjust all sliders so they are at the all star setting, it will not play like All Star.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »