Home

2k23 The Rec

This is a discussion on 2k23 The Rec within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2022, 11:15 AM   #129
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k23 The Rec

Lmfao... Switch is the best on Sunday morning. Got me a little squad and we took off some sweaties before the kids woke up. We went on like a 9 game streak, my highest this year, almost exclusively playing 60s and 70s. Bruh I almost got mad at my PG for NOT destroying these little dudes. I'm out here shooting learners and step backs happy to get the chance to try my timing on the 3v3. This dude kept passing out of good looks. He struggles with his shot so I'm thinking " THIS THE TIME TO LEARN IT!" Once again there's no voice chat on switch so I can't TALK to him but I like him BECAUSE he passes. Bruh was giving me GREAT looks when we were facing comp. It got the point where I stopped coming down on offense like Y'ALL shoot. I don't need badges or hot zones.

Tell you what tho... I WISH I could get the Luka snatchback shot timing. It's such a nasty move, especially in the corner. If I'm driving right, I'm right handed, I should have a bigger green window according this year. I can get it SLIGHTLY late/early almost every time. But because no whites it's a brick. I greened a couple out of like 8 tho. Lmfao but the Luka snatchback was so nasty last year with RP in the park. I had shot creator takeover last year so you can break ankles with spin jumpers and be WIDE OPEN but, as always, I can't green NEARLY as much as I do in career or the 1v1. Catch and shoot is crazy nice but I have to reset my jumper EVERY time I load the game. Even check my controller settings between moving from court to court. I do NOT trust this game to keep my animations at all.

Lvl 30 you get the skeleton mascot so when PG unlocked his we all threw our skeletons on. We got one game that was unsuspecting but NOBODY got on the spot after that.

All in all, Sundays are great on Switch.
Old 11-06-2022, 03:20 PM   #130
MVP

I realize this has basically become my thread. Lol

Man I don't wanna go to work tonight. Feels like 50 but it was probably only about 30 games. Had to have won about 90 percent. Shooting fish in a barrel now. I'm getting the 2k22 treatment now. They see me and immediately start spamming me when I join the park. Lvl 40s know I shut down my man, but they even started jumping on alternate characters letting me hold the paint. Definitely a "No Fly Zone" when I'm down there. He's on my friend list, but one of the lvl 40s KEPT trying to get me in a poster. He was using the dunk meter and it LOOKED like he was timing it right, but he rimmed out FOUR times when I contested. I run Defense as my main takeover with shooter secondary. I don't get as many blocks as I would like (I LOVE getting snatch blocks) but even posts scorers have a hard time with me now that I have Post Lockdown Silver. I just play hands up and have a 70 strength but that goes to an 80 with takeover and since I have 80 across the board on defense with no takeover, those all go up to 90. When I'm hot, 90 across the board is absolute cheese. I snag everything, rip guards on the way up, and even if I mistime my jump they typically miss. I really wish offensive rebounds didn't go back to the offense as much. I HATE getting a stop only to have them get the ball back and dunk on me. I only get Pogo Bronze.

I know I'm not crazy with my jumper, too. I have data. I went on a 5 game streak and maybe hit 2/10 threes. Once I hit my lvl 38 I got off to reset my jumper again and probably shot 90 percent the rest of the day. Lol

I can't screenshot in the park for some reason now. But tomorrow I'll post my shooting splits and record.

I'm creeping toward 37% from deep now. I see a LOT of 90 rated three players struggling more than me now. I KNEW I was taking good shots and was releasing my jumper where I wanted to, but finding out about the Very Late timing saved me. I used to just find a jumper I liked and got good with it. These days you need a specific base and all your badges and hot zones and pray 2k doesn't change your jumper when you're not looking. Still hate no whites but, to be fair, I'd be completely unguardable if I shot 25 percent on whites. I'm pretty unguardable now. Miss my midrange something fierce tho. Oh well.

It's funny too because people don't really know about spin dunks. I have a hard time triggering them all the time. Sometimes he'll stop and try to like a post spin fade and I'll have to pass out if it. Usually I can get a good look for a teammate afterwards so that's cool. But it does the same thing on my spin jumpers. Sometimes I'll double tap the shoot button but it acts like a hopstep jumper and throws my timing all the way off. But I've gotten some MONSTER spin dunks. The whole team flops when I do it too.

Hate that contact dunks only trigger if you use the dunk meter tho. Or very rarely at least. This year's worse than last year as far as expecting a strong dunk and getting a weak layup. Especially reverses. No, 2k I didn't want a reverse layup I wanted a DUNK. Speaking of reverse layups, they almost never go in. Since I'm shooting so well I've thought about changing to Slasher as my secondary takeover but my RATINGS are better in my current setup. I only get +1 to my dunk rating since I have a base 93. With defensive takeover active that goes to a 98. Dunks rarely rim out when I'm hot but it's happened. But with Shooter as my secondary even if I don't have takeover yet, if it's mostly full then I get a +7 to my three. That's far more worth it than any other takeover. Sometimes my game will glitch when I'm shooting and I'll Late release a shot and airball with shooter takeover STILL tho.

Anyway... Had fun today. Off to work I go.
Old 11-06-2022, 03:40 PM   #131
MVP

Maybe gave up on Space Creator too early. Dude just put out a video a couple days ago with his KD build. I get that badge HOF so I may have to sacrifice Catch and Shoot Silver to run HOf Space Creator and HOF Volume Shooter like him. He had an 87 midrange and 3 on that build, but like I said... So do I when I start getting takeover. I will DEFINITELY sacrifice a little bit of 3 rating to make more mids. There's waaaay too much space in the Midrange to not take advantage.

Damnit now I wanna call in... Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2022, 11:34 AM   #132
MVP

Once again... Wake up and my jumper just trash.

I've reset it, changed my settings, do everything I normally do and just throwing bricks all morning.

No rhyme or reason to this game
Old 11-08-2022, 08:50 AM   #133
MVP

Literally the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Space creator badge does not trigger on every move that gives you SPACE. So spin jumpers are out, leaners don't get a boost, the only moves are hopsteps, but I have to use square to hop then release. I can't use the snatchback move with the right stick. Plus, it's only Tatum... Just the ONE hopstep package that's any good.

So stupid
Old 11-10-2022, 03:15 PM   #134
MVP

Sick of it.

Miss your first shot and people think you're hot garbage then they proceed to go 2/9. At least I have the badge that means MISSES ARE GOOD.

way too many times I brick the first one only to make my next 3. Half the time it's people on my friends list that have SEEN me make 4-5 in a row but don't pass after you brick your first one.

Not too many people just splashing with no takeover. If I can't help get stops on defense of course I'm not going to make many shots, defense is my first takeover. I get hot by playing defense. So when the center is getting all the rebounds and then getting stuffed in the paint then I'm going to go 0/3 from deep. I'm also going to take some dumb **** just to get my misses ticked off so the badge will activate.

But of course today is the day I can't throw it in the ocean on 3s. People been hitting me late all day letting defenders close out. Changed my jumper like 6 times. I played about 8 games in the 1v1 so it's not me. I can DOMINATE in 1v1 then just be utter garbage on 3v3.

I had one game where I had 5 assists, been sitting these dudes all game but the final shot the PG wants to take a contested 3 cuz it's an AI and I'm wide open cuz missed my first one so dude plays off me.

I really can't stand the community and how they treat other people. OH YOU NOT GREENIN YOU TRASSSHHHHH but they go 1/13.

Mhm bro.
Old 11-11-2022, 11:49 PM   #135
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Sick of it.

Miss your first shot and people think you're hot garbage then they proceed to go 2/9. At least I have the badge that means MISSES ARE GOOD.

way too many times I brick the first one only to make my next 3. Half the time it's people on my friends list that have SEEN me make 4-5 in a row but don't pass after you brick your first one.

Not too many people just splashing with no takeover. If I can't help get stops on defense of course I'm not going to make many shots, defense is my first takeover. I get hot by playing defense. So when the center is getting all the rebounds and then getting stuffed in the paint then I'm going to go 0/3 from deep. I'm also going to take some dumb **** just to get my misses ticked off so the badge will activate.

But of course today is the day I can't throw it in the ocean on 3s. People been hitting me late all day letting defenders close out. Changed my jumper like 6 times. I played about 8 games in the 1v1 so it's not me. I can DOMINATE in 1v1 then just be utter garbage on 3v3.

I had one game where I had 5 assists, been sitting these dudes all game but the final shot the PG wants to take a contested 3 cuz it's an AI and I'm wide open cuz missed my first one so dude plays off me.

I really can't stand the community and how they treat other people. OH YOU NOT GREENIN YOU TRASSSHHHHH but they go 1/13.

Mhm bro.
These are the issues that you'll always have playing REC with randoms (I go through it too). The only things you can really do (especially if you're not a ball handling build) is: suck it up, play D, get open and hopefully they hit you, get on your mic, or quit and hope to draw better teammates. Venting here isn't gonna change anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2022, 11:58 PM   #136
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iasounis
These are the issues that you'll always have playing REC with randoms (I go through it too). The only things you can really do (especially if you're not a ball handling build) is: suck it up, play D, get open and hopefully they hit you, get on your mic, or quit and hope to draw better teammates. Venting here isn't gonna change anything.

Or be a big man and decide who gets the ball off your rebounds.

I’m at the point where if my team starts playing dumb and selfish i have no issue just holding the ball on rebounds.

Idc about receiving a hate message or getting cussed out on the mic. If ppl really cared that much they wouldn’t get to the point where i feel like i need to do that BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »