Home

2k23 The Rec

This is a discussion on 2k23 The Rec within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2022, 01:42 PM   #137
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: 2k23 The Rec

I randomly run into people on my friends list or people from my city way too much for it to be a coincidence. I wonder if they place you by region..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2022, 04:42 PM   #138
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
Or be a big man and decide who gets the ball off your rebounds.

I’m at the point where if my team starts playing dumb and selfish i have no issue just holding the ball on rebounds.

Idc about receiving a hate message or getting cussed out on the mic. If ppl really cared that much they wouldn’t get to the point where i feel like i need to do that BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I do this too.
Old 11-13-2022, 05:06 PM   #139
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

7+ feet with Limitless/KD base is hard to guard, lol

https://streamable.com/jhkxo9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2022, 04:29 PM   #140
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

I'm resigned basically to you can't shoot reliably without takeover. Made a new PG with HOF Middie Magician but I can't get it to pop without takeover. If I mix shot creator takeover and shooter takeover and HOF Middie Magician that's so much badge stacking I should almost never miss. But it's the times leading up to that where my takeover is 75 percent full. I think "oh, I have over a 90 three right now I should spray this" but I have learned it's better to just drive and try and get an easy basket to complete takeover. But that's dicey since this new build doesn't have a lot of finishing. I haven't gotten my floater to a 70. It's pretty reliable even at a 60. But I still think there's WAYYYY to many RNGs. I swear I'm wide even on fades with HOF badges and over 90 Midrange I should be running circles around people.
Old 11-15-2022, 01:40 PM   #141
MVP

Ok. So after playing with my badges and takeovers here's what I've learned.

I can't get myself hot through midrange. Instead I have to build up my takeover playing good D, passing the ball, and hitting if I'm open. I can splash the first one with no takeover with catch and shoot Gold and my regular SHOOTING badges. Once I get MOSTLY takeover I can hit a midrange going right cu that's the bigger green window so, boom, takeover. ONCE I GET TAKEOVER THO... Boy I been mixing kids up all day. I'm still knockdown in catch and shoot so if I've buried one or two and get those hard closeouts then its curtains. I don't even have to pump fake, I just see where the angle is and go opposite. Butter.

So my SF is 3s and dunks. I can live with that. Has enough ball handling and defense to kick out for open 3s and I have the rating to drive on closeouts.

I don't care about getting Legend this year. I MAY score 100000 points but it's not going to be on one character. I like to have a variety. 2 characters will do me solid this year I think.

My PG is still a work in progress. He's still only a 95 so he'll be a monster when he's fully upgraded. Still have to do my flashback games to get more badge points.

But my SF is a 99 with all my badge points and he's a major factor on D. All in all I'm back to having fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2022, 02:56 PM   #142
MVP

Yesterday I went on another 9 game streak. Had a PG that could pass, defend, and shoot even tho he's 6'1 he is great at using his speed to get offensive rebounds. I was on my SF and the big was spacing. With the lane wide open I was able to average about 12ppg that series. I was catch and shoot or drive and it was beautiful. Got to the point I just started diving to the rim to chase down boards and kick out to shooters the last few games. I WANTED my teammates to eat for hooking me up.

On my PG it's quite different. On one hand no one facilitates better than me. I'll START by throwing zingers all over the court. I'm being selfish by throwing good dimes because it fills my takeover. Then once I'm hot they're feeling themselves and start bricking then my takeover is over. When I can get takeover EARLY that's when you start letting me spray and put them to bed. I will NEVER understand how you don't take care of the guy feeding you. Even on my SF I have Special Delivery so I'm throwing darts on that guy all the time. I make the right reads almost every play. Even changed my name to KickItOut to prove that I'm not even in the play but I can swing the ball.

On either character I'm never in the paint off ball. I'm patiently waiting for a kick out to reset the play. If you ain't got it... Even if I'm not "open" I'm forever in position to receive the pass. Always. Ball goes in the left side of the key, I'm spaced on the opposite wing. I try not to sit in the corner because that restricts my angles.

But the most basic of basketball plays is the drive and kick. The defense can't cover everyone, ESPECIALLY if they're doubling.

Really frustrating being a good teammate to even supposedly GOOD players and they don't get it.
Old 11-15-2022, 03:50 PM   #143
MVP

tru11's Arena

Middy magician good for pull up spins and fade aways.

Stepbacks, hopsteps and such you need space creator.

Both on HOF and you have no reason to miss anything moving from midrange.

Add in gold blinders and its a wrap unless you cant get the timing down.

Lowry and harden hop steps are broken and i pretty sure they should be a travel lol

You do that **** around the free throw line and you might end up behind the 3 pnt line.

Tatum probably the best though.

Personally i like AI as its bad *** if it works lol

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Operation Sports
Old 11-15-2022, 04:44 PM   #144
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
Middy magician good for pull up spins and fade aways.

Stepbacks, hopsteps and such you need space creator.

Both on HOF and you have no reason to miss anything moving from midrange.

Add in gold blinders and its a wrap unless you cant get the timing down.

Lowry and harden hop steps are broken and i pretty sure they should be a travel lol

You do that **** around the free throw line and you might end up behind the 3 pnt line.

Tatum probably the best though.

Personally i like AI as its bad *** if it works lol

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Operation Sports
Must be next gen I'm assuming. Holding the stick to do the Luka snatchback was my go-to last year. It stacked all the badges, blinders, deadeye, all that. This year that's my worst move. I tried Tatum and the only way to trigger HOF Space creator was to hopstep with the tap...tap. that's way less intuitive than holding the stick one direction till the release. Idk why those moves are differentiated at all. It's the same movement but different commands. One I can be WAY more precise with.

Nothing nastier than driving right and holding the stick left for Luka mocap to do all the work for you. He's so subtle and it catches people off guard so we'll even tho it's SLOOOOOOW.

But with online it doesn't take my double taps that great. If I double tap trying to spin jumper it throws me into a hopstep sometimes. I wish Post Fade was the same as a Spin jumper... I should be able to put my shoulder into a defender and Kobe/Jordan/Dirk midrange fade with an 80 midrange PERIOD. That's just such an iconic move and it's so unguardable but they've been trying to say it's not a Spin Jumper for a decade now.

This is why I'm calling for JUMPSHOTS to just be JUMPERS. All across the board... Doesn't matter what badges or jumper you use, a 70 midrange in catch and shoot or off the bounce should be the same. Regardless of the set up, what I input BEFORE the shot shouldn't negate the fact that I shot a jumpshot from anywhere. THEN we're just hooping.

A layup driving right or left and a reverse should all go off layup rating. Quit trying to over complicate such a simple but complex sport as it is.

The pick and roll is the most basic and fundamental part of the game. They have 6 badges to run a pick and roll. Come on. Brick wall, pick dodger, ankle breaker, these are just superfluous badges. You go over the screen if he's a shooter and you dick the screen if he's not. Your Defensive rating should determine how well you fight through the screen. Maybe some weight/strength physics can go into that. A guard shouldn't be setting brick wall screens but that's a part of the game now isn't it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »