Home

Need help getting started

This is a discussion on Need help getting started within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2022, 11:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Need help getting started

I'm a 2k noob, only having played NBA2k21 for about a month before 2k22 came out. Didn't buy 2k22.

Decided to get 2k23 because of the Eras mode. Want to do the 1983 starting point with a user created full 1984 draft. That's where I am stuck. I've tried several times to start a season, but for some reason I can't figure out, I can't get the user created 1984 draft to load.

I pick a 1984 user created draft (I've tried acouple different ones) and then sim the 1983 season. But when i get to the draft there's no Barkley, Bowie etc. The user created draft is NOT there. WTF am I doing wrong????

Also I later tried doing a season without a salary cap and checked the box for no cap and no hard cap, yet when I try and make trades I get told that they are invalid due to Cap reasons. So once again, WTF!

Please help. I've had the game a week and haven't been able to play a single game yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2022, 11:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Need help getting started

There is currently a glitch. You just have to download it twice, for some reason.

Once you load in the draft class you want, go to the prospects page, at the beginning of the new season, under the scouting tab, hit X/A on a player, and load the class you want in again. It will stick then. For '84, just make sure you see Bowie and Barkley. If you don't, just download it again.
Old 09-28-2022, 11:58 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Need help getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyod21
There is currently a glitch. You just have to download it twice, for some reason.

Once you load in the draft class you want, go to the prospects page, at the beginning of the new season, under the scouting tab, hit X/A on a player, and load the class you want in again. It will stick then. For '84, just make sure you see Bowie and Barkley. If you don't, just download it again.
sweet thanks, will try it when i get home from work later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »