Home

Post Up Double Teams

This is a discussion on Post Up Double Teams within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2022, 09:20 PM   #9
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Post Up Double Teams

Appreciate the thoughts from everyone thus far.

I'll clarify my point further with this;

- Next gen, in post up situations, I see doubles come randomly. But never if a player is dominating on successive possessions or if there is a big mismatch.

- Current gen (I own both), no post up double teams whatsoever. Not even the random ones (Daveberg, maybe get this one and you can cook with MJ )

But the overall issue is the same. If I want to have a 30 point quarter with Jokic on 14/16 shooting, the AI doesn't adjust and start doubling. I tested it last night with Giannis vs Ben Simmons and I was able to back him all the way to bucket and score. 20 of the team's first 20 points. Still no help coming (this was on both gen versions of the game).

Really, REALLY want to see this fixed. AI post double teams have been in previous 2K games. It bothers me when something is functioning fine and then it's gone in later iterations. Especially the game breaking stuff (and this is one of those). And I'm sure this wasn't an issue in previous 2Ks.
Old 10-01-2022, 12:07 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 26

I remember 2k12 had the same game breaking issue for us single player gamers.
No doubles in the post at all.
I cant believe it's a thing again.
This game plays great but no doubles in post mismatches is simply put,, a game breaker and has to be fixed.
Old 10-01-2022, 12:50 AM   #11
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogster
I remember 2k12 had the same game breaking issue for us single player gamers.
No doubles in the post at all.
I cant believe it's a thing again.
This game plays great but no doubles in post mismatches is simply put,, a game breaker and has to be fixed.
I remember this in 2K12. I remember having 50 with Carloz Boozer using the same move the entire game.

2K11 had doubles. 2K12 removed them. And more than 10 years later, somehow we're still talking about the same technical issue.

Kills me because 2Ks don't last very long for me but 2K23 really plays so great otherwise. Hoped this one was gonna get some serious play time this year but I'm now sceptical there's a fix possible or coming....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2022, 05:04 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
I remember this in 2K12. I remember having 50 with Carloz Boozer using the same move the entire game.

2K11 had doubles. 2K12 removed them. And more than 10 years later, somehow we're still talking about the same technical issue.

Kills me because 2Ks don't last very long for me but 2K23 really plays so great otherwise. Hoped this one was gonna get some serious play time this year but I'm now sceptical there's a fix possible or coming....

There better be a fix cause i have invested over 100hrs customising a roster and ironically, it a similar type of Roster I did in 2k12.
Spent hours apon hours editing and then realized there is nothing you can do to get the cpu to double the post. 2k12 is the game I hate the most due to this... I remember testing and putting Earl Boykins on Dwight Howard to see. And over and over and over again. I fed Dwight, easy score over little earl boykins no double ever came.
At least I have seen post doubles in 2k23 but they are few and far between and seem to be random.
And when they happen, they are weak and don't really provide an obstacle for the offensive player. This with help D strength slider maxed out.

It's getting pretty annoying seeing dominant bigs simply back down their mismatched opponent and patiently score a bucket without Any help. It ruins the immersion what is otherwise a great playing and realistic game.
Old 10-01-2022, 06:35 AM   #13
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm almost jealous.

Playing on Allstar with my own custom sliders, and Mj gets literally suffocated everytime he touches the ball in the low post. I'd say 95% of the time.

Lol - can we trade issues?
Old 10-01-2022, 07:22 AM   #14
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
It should be coded that if a player hits 3 shots in a row, they should be doubled no matter who they are by the CPU.
Maybe for Eras - Teams aren’t sending traditional double teams as much anymore. I remember some older 2K’s used to load up to the hot players side which is moreso in line with strategy now.

Mark-

Mode(s), Difficulty, Slider changes you‘ve made would help

I get double teamed in MyPlayer and I’ve seen random double teams in NG HOF Quick Play. I haven’t really tried pounding the ball with one player though.
Old 10-01-2022, 07:34 AM   #15
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Maybe for Eras - Teams aren’t sending traditional double teams as much anymore. I remember some older 2K’s used to load up to the hot players side which is moreso in line with strategy now.

Mark-

Mode(s), Difficulty, Slider changes you‘ve made would help

I get double teamed in MyPlayer and I’ve seen random double teams in NG HOF Quick Play. I haven’t really tried pounding the ball with one player though.

The things I've tried on both gens thus far (quick game);

- Change side and set post double to "auto" from manual.
- Coach sliders change help defense from 0 to 99.

Then do for my team also.

Tried on All Star, Superstar and HOF. Played 1 quarter (12 mins).

Used Giannis against Nets (matched up with Simmons). And just backed down with Giannis on every possession. Was able to essentially get under the bucket and score for entire quarter. I think just under 30 points. Zero possessions where I saw a 2nd defender and had to pass out of it.

On next gen only, I tried Luka vs Dame and saw a double on the 1st possession of the game. And then the 2nd. Didn't play further than that. This doesn't happen on PC though.

Again, the above Giannis example happened on both gens.

I know you can just play around this issue, but the problem to me is, there's basically a bucket to be had if you want one. I can't enjoy post buckets knowing this - which kills a big aspect for me.

I do appreciate the responses though. And I do appreciate some of the suggestions I've read. That's essentially what I'm looking for in this thread if not to be heard by a dev....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2022, 12:07 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
The things I've tried on both gens thus far (quick game);

- Change side and set post double to "auto" from manual.
- Coach sliders change help defense from 0 to 99.

Then do for my team also.

Tried on All Star, Superstar and HOF. Played 1 quarter (12 mins).

Used Giannis against Nets (matched up with Simmons). And just backed down with Giannis on every possession. Was able to essentially get under the bucket and score for entire quarter. I think just under 30 points. Zero possessions where I saw a 2nd defender and had to pass out of it.

On next gen only, I tried Luka vs Dame and saw a double on the 1st possession of the game. And then the 2nd. Didn't play further than that. This doesn't happen on PC though.

Again, the above Giannis example happened on both gens.

I know you can just play around this issue, but the problem to me is, there's basically a bucket to be had if you want one. I can't enjoy post buckets knowing this - which kills a big aspect for me.

I do appreciate the responses though. And I do appreciate some of the suggestions I've read. That's essentially what I'm looking for in this thread if not to be heard by a dev....
Did you notice any difference when you switched sides and put CPU doubles to Auto from Manual? I used to do that every game in 2K22 then realized I don’t think it makes any difference. It seemed manual was basically also auto.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »