Home

Post Up Double Teams

This is a discussion on Post Up Double Teams within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2022, 09:40 AM   #1
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1
Post Up Double Teams

Anyone else have issues with the AI not ever sending help to the post if you're dominating them?

You can bully for 30 in the 1st Q with someone on 90% shooting and help never comes.

Hoping there's a fix that I'm unaware of because I'm loving the game this year.

Tried coach sliders, difficulty level, defensive settings. Nothing seems to address it.

Interested to hear thoughts...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2022, 09:50 AM   #2
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Post Up Double Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Anyone else have issues with the AI not ever sending help to the post if you're dominating them?

You can bully for 30 in the 1st Q with someone on 90% shooting and help never comes.

Hoping there's a fix that I'm unaware of because I'm loving the game this year.

Tried coach sliders, difficulty level, defensive settings. Nothing seems to address it.

Interested to hear thoughts...
Yeah I’m noticing this, when I was playing as MJ, I got doubled right away even on my first touch. But when I’m playing as Ewing, no double teaming from the CPU when I’m cooking down low.

Is it hardcoded for MJ to be doubled team right off the bat? Is there a roster rating that needs to be achieved for certain players to be doubled?

Last edited by tcnumba10; 09-30-2022 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-30-2022, 12:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've noticed the AI will double my backup center on the catch but not my starter, for some reason. I have Ewing, and he never gets doubled, but as soon as I bring in his backup, no matter who it is (Cartwright one year, Duckworth the next) they will immediately double him. Makes it seem like it's something in the coding where the AI is doubling the right position but the wrong guy.
Old 09-30-2022, 01:30 PM   #4
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Yeah I’m noticing this, when I was playing as MJ, I got doubled right away even on my first touch. But when I’m playing as Ewing, no double teaming from the CPU when I’m cooking down low.

Is it hardcoded for MJ to be doubled team right off the bat? Is there a roster rating that needs to be achieved for certain players to be doubled?
Same. I can barely get set in the post with MJ without the double coming, every damn time.
Old 09-30-2022, 03:19 PM   #5
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Same. I can barely get set in the post with MJ without the double coming, every damn time.
It should be coded that if a player hits 3 shots in a row, they should be doubled no matter who they are by the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2022, 03:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon14 Re: Post Up Double Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
It should be coded that if a player hits 3 shots in a row, they should be doubled no matter who they are by the CPU.
You can jump right into my scenario to test in the Kobe Era.. 2 games immediately Against the Suns.. I edited 6 teams to play and test in my scenario . all my badge & edits done for You !!

I definitely have fixed that issue and a few other major flaws in the game !! Try my sliders you will not regret it.. Developed for Jordan & Kobe Era !! Currently putting together a New era slider set but they play great there as well already. Just need a few tweaks with Celtics Roster.. In Sliders Section or just click the Link in my signature!

Last edited by justintasha1996; 09-30-2022 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2022, 04:26 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

I've had James worthy doubled on his first catch of a game before. Magic gets it from the small forward almost everytime he posts up. It's there but random
Old 09-30-2022, 04:33 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 26

Yeah, this is the one glaring issue with the game.
I'm using a current era roster as a base and have added players from other eras to it and yeah.....I'm watching giannis, Ewing, lebron, Duncan, shaq get the in the post. On an island with a guard on them and no double comes.
There are times help will come (I've adjusted help coach sliders and help strength slider) but it seems random and it doesn't have any affect on stopping them either.
I'm really hoping this gets patched as it's a glaring issue.

Last edited by nogster; 09-30-2022 at 04:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »