Home

What happened to this game? They ruined it

This is a discussion on What happened to this game? They ruined it within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-27-2023, 01:27 PM   #41
Rookie

dnikafoeno's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What happened to this game? They ruined it

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Since many here don’t know a lot of actual detail about the online game, it’s common to throw most issues under the “because MyPlayer” umbrella, when fact is the worlds don’t collide anywhere as much as you think they do.

Of course there are shared changes that occur and absolutely shift gameplay, usually following a seasonal patch…..but a lot of the wholesale changes I see talked about here literally cannot be tweaked daily, weekly or even by means of a standard update. A bit of it is indeed in your head and I genuinely hate to see guys think themselves out of enjoying the game. I’ve seen 4 page threads here talking about an aspect of the game that changed when the dev that works on that part of the game is literally on vacation, lol

To put it in perspective, if you’re still enjoying 2K23 because they stopped making changes in those last couple months…you’d be incorrect in that assumption …but I don’t want to spoil it for you.

Just a lawyer trying to provide some insight here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well said, Mr.Lawyer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2023, 01:58 PM   #42
Rookie

I'm playing on Pro and something has definitely changed for the worse. I win most games by 30-40 but I like the way shooting is so I keep it that way. Now shooting is a lot worse. Yeah I'm still good enough to score 120 a game but it's not nearly as fun as it was like a couple of weeks ago. Role players have to be rediculous wide open to make a shot. Most superstars need a decent amount of space to be able to make a 3 now. Basically no more stepbacks and etc. It's a scoring league and they had it playing great.
Old 10-27-2023, 06:26 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Since many here don’t know a lot of actual detail about the online game, it’s common to throw most issues under the “because MyPlayer” umbrella, when fact is the worlds don’t collide anywhere as much as you think they do.

Of course there are shared changes that occur and absolutely shift gameplay, usually following a seasonal patch…..but a lot of the wholesale changes I see talked about here literally cannot be tweaked daily, weekly or even by means of a standard update. A bit of it is indeed in your head and I genuinely hate to see guys think themselves out of enjoying the game. I’ve seen 4 page threads here talking about an aspect of the game that changed when the dev that works on that part of the game is literally on vacation, lol

To put it in perspective, if you’re still enjoying 2K23 because they stopped making changes in those last couple months…you’d be incorrect in that assumption …but I don’t want to spoil it for you.

I learned how real and powerful that was about 10 years ago when damn near the entire NCAA community convinced themselves that holding L2 on passes allowed for more precise leading or some kind of modifier I forget.

The lead designer even tried to come out and say its not real but the community was convinced and said he was wrong. According to them EA "accidentally" added a brand new feature
Old 10-27-2023, 07:30 PM   #44
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I learned how real and powerful that was about 10 years ago when damn near the entire NCAA community convinced themselves that holding L2 on passes allowed for more precise leading or some kind of modifier I forget.

The lead designer even tried to come out and say its not real but the community was convinced and said he was wrong. According to them EA "accidentally" added a brand new feature
We see this with Madden, where people think the main menu sliders etc impact franchise mode. Explain for me, then, how an online CFM works in H2H games.

It can be easily tested by jacking all sliders to 0 or 100, yet people still believe it.
Old 10-27-2023, 08:42 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:

2K23 was seeing dramatic changes in the midst of its span. The game started playing much more solid and consistent for me once it his it’s final months. I may have made to make some tweaks here or there but overall it clearly wasn’t being tuned dramatically. Since 2K24 launched 23 is playing its best imo because they’re not doing anything with it anymore.

The last change to 2K23 which happened in its final months I realized is players started shooting way more threes and bad circus threes. But being that the game is now in a solid state at least I can give core tunes to adjust that if I want.

These changes aren’t in people’s heads. That just makes no sense. It appears 90++% of players through all modes on forums report these changes. Nobody is saying who or why they happen. Maybe a dev isn’t needed. Maybe there’s internal slider and gameplay sets that automatically shift on a certain schedule to keep the online community guessing and paying. But something certainly happens in those overnight updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2023, 09:26 PM   #46
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:

I remember poster telling a dev here “Well yeah, but I’ve been playing since Dreamcast”, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
These changes aren’t in people’s heads. That just makes no sense. It appears 90++% of players through all modes on forums report these changes. Nobody is saying who or why they happen. Maybe a dev isn’t needed. Maybe there’s internal slider and gameplay sets that automatically shift on a certain schedule to keep the online community guessing and paying. But something certainly happens in those overnight updates.
Lol.

No maybes about it, that’s not how it works.

There’s a reason the reports of what has changed aren’t consistent. You’re free to believe what you believe though.

Old 10-28-2023, 02:46 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
r/conspiracy is over thataway, dude.
Old 10-29-2023, 01:22 PM   #48
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

Completely random but connected. But Holding L2 before you receive the ball. Makes your shooter square his shoulders to the rim. It's been in the game for years!! But all these media people were throwing it out there like it was some new feature LMFAO

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »