Home

What happened to this game? They ruined it

This is a discussion on What happened to this game? They ruined it within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 11-02-2023, 08:40 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: What happened to this game? They ruined it

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I remember poster telling a dev here “Well yeah, but I’ve been playing since Dreamcast”, lol

Lol.

No maybes about it, that’s not how it works.

There’s a reason the reports of what has changed aren’t consistent. You’re free to believe what you believe though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d say every single year when every single player says the game’s core gameplay changes suddenly and drastically overnight, except for you, that’s pretty consistent.

But I’m sure Mike Wang is openly going back and forth with bots and not real people who are complaining that the game (like every game before it) no longer plays close to how it played at launch.
Old 11-02-2023, 08:43 PM   #50
MVP

Quote:
I remember poster telling a dev here “Well yeah, but I’ve been playing since Dreamcast”, lol

Lol.

No maybes about it, that’s not how it works.

There’s a reason the reports of what has changed aren’t consistent. You’re free to believe what you believe though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also, if “that’s not how it works” then give us a detailed breakdown of how it all works. Or link to 2K explaining its technical process to how it adjusts gameplay.

Because “that’s not how it works” certainly is no more scientific than legions of players complaining about a consistent pattern of gameplay adjusting after these games get released.
Old 11-02-2023, 10:32 PM   #51
Rookie

m29a's Arena

Even remotely suggesting that "every player" is complaining/experiencing changes is simply hyperbolic. The comments you see online are a very limited scope of what the consumers think of the game. You really think that the bulk of average 2K players are all voicing their opinions online? No, it's going to be a relative handful of enthusiasts who are super serious about it. This applies to any game, not just 2K.

This is the same type of stuff when "people" say Call of Duty or Fortnite is dead yet those games routinely stay up top on the most played charts day in and day out. Frankly a lot of enthusiasts online are out of touch and have no idea what most actual average game players want (which by the way, HUGELY outnumber the enthusiasts).

Posts online do not represent all opinions, full stop.

And with regards to needing to know all the details about the game about whether it is true or not -- typically it's normal to default to common sense. The burden of proof is on the person making a claim (especially outlandish), not the other way around.

I'll ask people -- what is the incentive for developers to go in every day and make these big adjustments? Just to mess with people? You think they are taking any time to read the hundreds of comments on social media? They're probably into 2K25 development already, with a smaller team maintaining 2K24.

Humans do not deal well with randomness (google "humans and randomness patterns") We think we see patterns when they do not exist. Basketball and 2K is going to have quite a bit of randomness even if they've leaned further into the skill side of things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2023, 03:23 AM   #52
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
Also, if “that’s not how it works” then give us a detailed breakdown of how it all works. Or link to 2K explaining its technical process to how it adjusts gameplay.

Because “that’s not how it works” certainly is no more scientific than legions of players complaining about a consistent pattern of gameplay adjusting after these games get released.

I’ll leave it at what was said above but if your state of mind is “I read it online, it must be true”..

No detailed breakdown needed sir lmao
Old 11-03-2023, 05:43 AM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
Even remotely suggesting that "every player" is complaining/experiencing changes is simply hyperbolic. The comments you see online are a very limited scope of what the consumers think of the game. You really think that the bulk of average 2K players are all voicing their opinions online? No, it's going to be a relative handful of enthusiasts who are super serious about it. This applies to any game, not just 2K.

This is the same type of stuff when "people" say Call of Duty or Fortnite is dead yet those games routinely stay up top on the most played charts day in and day out. Frankly a lot of enthusiasts online are out of touch and have no idea what most actual average game players want (which by the way, HUGELY outnumber the enthusiasts).

Posts online do not represent all opinions, full stop.

And with regards to needing to know all the details about the game about whether it is true or not -- typically it's normal to default to common sense. The burden of proof is on the person making a claim (especially outlandish), not the other way around.

I'll ask people -- what is the incentive for developers to go in every day and make these big adjustments? Just to mess with people? You think they are taking any time to read the hundreds of comments on social media? They're probably into 2K25 development already, with a smaller team maintaining 2K24.

Humans do not deal well with randomness (google "humans and randomness patterns") We think we see patterns when they do not exist. Basketball and 2K is going to have quite a bit of randomness even if they've leaned further into the skill side of things.
Actually the laws of averages would suggest if let’s say 80% of online voices say the game has changed for the worse, then likely around 80% of ****** users who don’t go to 2K online forums would also feel the same way. It’s not like forum members are the only one noticing changes. And again, isn’t Mike Wang currently admitting about changes they made?

To say this is all in people’s heads is hilarious and full on denial.

Quote:
I’ll leave it at what was said above but if your state of mind is “I read it online, it must be true”..

No detailed breakdown needed sir lmao
So in other words, no detailed analysis. And my own experience with every 2K I’ve played is they adjust gameplay rapidly right after launch. So me listening to you say “that’s not how it works, trust me, it must all be in your head” would in fact be me having an “I read it online, it must be true” state of mind.
Old 11-03-2023, 05:59 AM   #54
Pro

Getting some really funky lag and player movement issues at the moment. Basic passes triggering those awkward stumbling catch animations and a noticeable delay when you hit turbo or try to use dribbling combos or quick changes of direction, like your player is in quick sand. Makes it almost impossible to run plays/cuts and also defend in transition.

Hopefully just the game being temperamental.

Last edited by sirdez; 11-03-2023 at 07:15 AM.
Old 11-03-2023, 06:46 AM   #55
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
So in other words, no detailed analysis. And my own experience with every 2K I’ve played is they adjust gameplay rapidly right after launch. So me listening to you say “that’s not how it works, trust me, it must all be in your head” would in fact be me having an “I read it online, it must be true” state of mind.

Being that you don’t have 2K24 and are just here to, I don’t know….argue and remind us you didn’t buy it weekly…You don’t have to listen to anything I say.

My only suggestion is to not send the princes that e-mail you Western Union payments…

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 11-03-2023 at 06:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2023, 10:15 AM   #56
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

I'm sorry.. I'm up every day at 6am. Sign on... Get my first game out of the way. Since the season started there's been a "roster update" which is legit since the season started. But when you play EVERY DAY I can unequivocally say theyve been changing things.

Same jumper, same rating, 2 days ago my average for the season was .34. I've gotten it back up to .45 but that's cuz I went like 15-16 games really trying to focus on shot selection. I play on 12 minute quarters on All-star because thats the amount of CPU cheese I can tolerate. I used to play on SS but that's another thread.

Point is I woke up again today and got another update and I went 0-6 last game on wide open mostly.

Sure enough there was an update this morning.

I don't change anything but my shooting splits are wildly different day to day.

Id have to manually log my data on my phone since there's no current way to DAILY compute my splits and I'm not doing that.

Sure... It's one game but I don't take bad shots usually. It's very rare that I average under 60 percent on the season as a guard from the field. I go to the rim (which is AWFUL this year) or I shoot 3s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »