Home

NBA 2K24: In-Season Tournament in MyNBA and How It Works

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24: In-Season Tournament in MyNBA and How It Works within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 10-24-2023, 06:11 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyNBA: added the new in-season tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenXCarson
This is dope lol but **** I just finished my first year in my MyNBA save. I would hate to have to restart after playing so many games.. anybody know if I can just enable the in-season tournament during the "League Meetings" section of the offseason?
I don't think you can :S

Last edited by Blingoose; 10-24-2023 at 06:12 PM. Reason: forgot to quote
Old 10-25-2023, 06:57 AM   #10
MVP

So what are winners of the cup considered to be? Is it considered a championship? If not then what’s the point? Winners of a tournament yet not champions is kinda odd. I wonder if it’ll minimize winning a finals going forward or be considered unimportant because it’s not the finals.
Old 10-25-2023, 09:41 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 8

I think they had something like this before in MyWNBA because they had the commissioners cup last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2023, 09:54 AM   #12
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
So what are winners of the cup considered to be? Is it considered a championship? If not then what’s the point? Winners of a tournament yet not champions is kinda odd. I wonder if it’ll minimize winning a finals going forward or be considered unimportant because it’s not the finals.
You have to think of it in terms of European Soccer. It's a side competition. In soccer clubs compete in their designated league but they also compete in the League Cup, the FA Cup, some in the UEFFA Champions League. There's pride in winning multiple trophies in the same season. The only difference here is that in soccer Cup matches are totally separate from League Matches.
Old 10-25-2023, 12:00 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
They’re champions of the in season tournament.
Old 10-25-2023, 12:33 PM   #14
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
It just adds a new element to what are otherwise meaningless early regular season games. I was playing against the Nets in MyNBA and the commentary talked about how the loser of the game would be out of the tournament. I dialed in a bit to win that game. I kind of like. I wouldn't usually care about a game in November.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2023, 01:30 PM   #15
Rookie

Salute to the 2k Team for adding during the same season. Other studios would punt something like this to the next iteration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2023, 09:09 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
It just adds a new element to what are otherwise meaningless early regular season games. I was playing against the Nets in MyNBA and the commentary talked about how the loser of the game would be out of the tournament. I dialed in a bit to win that game. I kind of like. I wouldn't usually care about a game in November.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Makes sense. It’ll be interesting to see how it affects the endless player comparison debates in the future. Like if X player wins 8 cup trophies but 0 rings and player B wins 2 rings but zero cups, who will be “considered higher all time.”

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »