Home

Suggestions for The Park

This is a discussion on Suggestions for The Park within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
Rookie

dvazquez190's Arena

OVR: 2
Suggestions for The Park

I know some of you are still struggling to even get into the park but there are some of us that can play the park without much of a problem. With that said as fun as the park is it is still broken in many ways. Here are some of the things I would like to see fixed with the park. Feel free to add things I might have missed.

1. Clean up the lag. (I know it's 2k but we can hope can't we)

2. Do something about spamming the steal button. I'm tired of seeing 38 fouls a game slowing down the pace. Give some sort of penalty for the constant button mashing. Maybe a FT penalty after every 3 fouls.

3. Make 3 on 3 a half court game to save space and add more courts.

4. Add a practice court for people waiting. I saw someone mention this here yesterday and I thought it was a great idea.

5. Create a rule that you can't shoot on half court inbound plays. You shouldn't be able to shoot after receiving the ball behind the 3 pt line.

6. On that same inbounds play back the defender up a few feet. He shouldn't be able to reach in and touch you once you receive the ball. That should be some sort of penalty.

That's about it for now. Again feel free to add.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #2
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Suggestions for The Park

I agree with 1 and 4; not sure about the others.

I would like to see them add a "second" next spot. I played in one park and there were already two guys with next, so my friend and I were going to get up when they went in.

Well, when the game ended, the "next" guys to into the game, but then the guys that lost were able to run around the courts and get "next" before we had a chance to take it.

Happened about 3/4 times that night. If they could add another "next-next" spot that would fix it. Or just slow down the guys that just lost so they can't "snake" you.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

7. Remove winners out on 2 v 2, It is so frustrating players against people who just run around until they can get the lane for the dunk and just do that over and over again. It should be losers out so both sides at least have a chance and will at least make it more enjoyable imo

8. Saw it yesterday for the first time but the overlay showing users PPG stayed on the screen the entire game so a portion of the screen was cut off.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

I say get rid of this mode altogether and replace it with NBA 2k11 crew mode on next gen....How much more of this crap can we take? Watered down modes that no one asks for, and don't even work as advertised. Man 3 years in a row we get these modes....

3 on 3 legends with no online

3 vs blacktop mode which no asked for

a 3 vs3 or 5 vs 5 "CREWS" mode that no asked for

and now finally this weak as hell park mode which no one in the community ASKED FOR.

Look, all im saying is 2k doesnt listen to what we ask for at all.

How hard could it be to set up a simple crew mode where you and your friends use your myplayers on teams you choose to play with in an arena setting, where there are nba rules, fouls, halftime show and leaderboards for it?

2k is just jerking us around when they clearly were able to have it functioning correctly in nba 2k10 and nba 2k11.

The Park sucks and nobody wants that mode. it doesnt even work that well. Time for the REAL CREW MODE to return.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0

I feel like Park's a great new mode (when it works), but there still needs to be Crew. Park could be like the pickup games from 2K11, and Crew could be the competitive aspect, with playoffs and records etc.

The full court games should be in quarters though, and add free throws for shooting fouls and once your team's in the penalty you shoot ft's on reach-ins and blocking fouls. Maybe that will stop people from spamming steal so much.

Also, like op said, you should definitely have to pass the ball before you can shoot on check. I play ball and I've NEVER played where you can shoot right away lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #6
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
I say get rid of this mode altogether and replace it with NBA 2k11 crew mode on next gen....How much more of this crap can we take? Watered down modes that no one asks for, and don't even work as advertised. Man 3 years in a row we get these modes....

3 on 3 legends with no online

3 vs blacktop mode which no asked for

a 3 vs3 or 5 vs 5 "CREWS" mode that no asked for

and now finally this weak as hell park mode which no one in the community ASKED FOR.

Look, all im saying is 2k doesnt listen to what we ask for at all.

How hard could it be to set up a simple crew mode where you and your friends use your myplayers on teams you choose to play with in an arena setting, where there are nba rules, fouls, halftime show and leaderboards for it?

2k is just jerking us around when they clearly were able to have it functioning correctly in nba 2k10 and nba 2k11.

The Park sucks and nobody wants that mode. it doesnt even work that well. Time for the REAL CREW MODE to return.
No thanks, the park is fun as hell when its working and with the right teammates.

Keep The Park and build upon it but bring back Crew as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »