Home

Improving Audio and Atmosphere

This is a discussion on Improving Audio and Atmosphere within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2014, 03:47 PM   #9
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Improving Audio and Atmosphere

Here is a practice clip of Paul George fooling around.

I was missing shots to show you that they sound hollow, and not only that, misses sound the EXACT same as the makes as long as its not a net swish. Its awful, but compare to those videos above and see for yourself.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:02 PM   #10
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

dunks sound like the suspension of an 18 wheeler getting compressed...
Old 01-06-2014, 04:04 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Yeah that would be nice.. they got the bend part though.. a little bit which is cool

Yep, that's an example of standard breakaway (though it's sometimes felt 2K's didn't break away quite far enough). The standards had a single pivot point that'd lead the rim to bend forward or not at all (if dunked from the baseline). The new rims seem to have a flexible pivot point, so there can actually be dunks that cause breakaways toward the dunker from any angle, as in that Robinson clip.

Last edited by VDusen04; 01-06-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 04:06 PM   #12
yellow

23's Arena

I dunked that from the same side Nate did last night and it only bends forward no matter what.

Anyway, yeah turty the sounds are awful...

I can't post a specific video but the crowd shouldnt be either quiet or rowdy audio wise. There is no real modulation in the cheers when you go on runs, and that's something that needs to be put in as well.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:07 PM   #13
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

yea, every year i play the first 1-2 days with game sound/commentary on but then its just...meh..i dont feel like im listening to a basketball game or being presented a realistic basketball atmosphere....rather listen to the radio
Old 01-06-2014, 04:10 PM   #14
yellow

23's Arena

It would be nice to make use of some of those features in the game like on the court or in the stands sometimes too for a change of pace where those sounds would be most useful.

Its just not realistic and it needs to catch up to the rest of the game.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #15
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

The most important thing by far is they need to get the crowed and the announcers off the same sound channel.

You cannot have a loud crowed with softer announcers because the announcers quiet the crowed. The crowed sounds like a kid playing with the volume. CG 2k14 didnt have this issue on the PC. The crowed was ruckus and I could adjust the announcers to where I could hear them. If they are going to code it in such a way it should be the announcers adjusting to high crowed noise by talking louder not a crowed that goes up and down like my four year old just grabbed the remote.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #16
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
The most important thing by far is they need to get the crowed and the announcers off the same sound channel.

You cannot have a loud crowed with softer announcers because the announcers quiet the crowed. The crowed sounds like a kid playing with the volume. CG 2k14 didnt have this issue on the PC. The crowed was ruckus and I could adjust the announcers to where I could hear them. If they are going to code it in such a way it should be the announcers adjusting to high crowed noise by talking louder not a crowed that goes up and down like my four year old just grabbed the remote.

Definitely, the videos show that as well as I was pointing out. Not just the emotion but they get louder as the crowds get louder to talk over them so to speak. It would make a world of a difference in the atmosphere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »