Home

How to beat the CPU on HOF

This is a discussion on How to beat the CPU on HOF within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
How to beat the CPU on HOF

After hours of cursing at the TV I figured it out. Set the defense to "nothing inside" and "crash defensive rebounds". The CPU will sag off the shooters so play off ball defense switching from SG PG and PG and stay on them, the CPU will do the rest for you when they drive to the hoop. On offense run the "smart play" either get shooters open or feed the post. The CPU will still make dumb *** shots from time to time. I just beat HOF 114-77 using the Lakers vs Blazers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2014, 05:15 PM   #2
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: How to beat the CPU on HOF

Ok? Pretty sure people have been beating HOF for a long time using different methods.

Also, just putting the emphasis on "nothing inside" and "crash defensive glass" won't work for every game and every opponent.
Your sample size is just one game and I'm sure you don't be able to use the same settings against every opponent and continually win by 30.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 01-26-2014, 05:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Ok? Pretty sure people have been beating HOF for a long time using different methods.

Also, just putting the emphasis on "nothing inside" and "crash defensive glass" won't work for every game and every opponent.
Your sample size is just one game and I'm sure you don't be able to use the same settings against every opponent and continually win by 30.
I have won 9 games in a row vs CPU HOF that was just an example. Most people dont play on HOF because it is hard to win.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbeebe2
I have won 9 games in a row vs CPU HOF that was just an example. Most people dont play on HOF because it is hard to win.
How do you figure most people?
Old 01-27-2014, 10:32 AM   #5
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbeebe2
its not because its too hard to win its because of the cheese. i can win plenty of games on hof but its not fun when every time the cpu scores its because they sucked a rebound through both of my big men or hit a last second of the shot clock three point fadeaway while being double teamed. then on defense they are all miss cleo and know what im going to do before i do. when the game becomes a chore its no longer a game i want to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 01:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
its not because its too hard to win its because of the cheese. i can win plenty of games on hof but its not fun when every time the cpu scores its because they sucked a rebound through both of my big men or hit a last second of the shot clock three point fadeaway while being double teamed. then on defense they are all miss cleo and know what im going to do before i do. when the game becomes a chore its no longer a game i want to play.
Exactly. I was having the same problem with the CPU and if I played on anything but HOF it was too easy. I play 12 minute quarters and the stats are very realistic. I did just get whooped my last game though ending my win streak.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:21 PM   #7
Pro

Sounds like a good method.

Like others have mentioned, I was owning on other modes besides HOF a long time ago when I first made the switch. After not giving up on the mode, it was like suddenly a light bulb went off. Started to recognize exactly what they'll do on both offense and defense and the games became much more realistic.

I think the ultimate trick to getting good at HOF is to plainly never give up.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:14 PM   #8
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
Sounds like a good method.

Like others have mentioned, I was owning on other modes besides HOF a long time ago when I first made the switch. After not giving up on the mode, it was like suddenly a light bulb went off. Started to recognize exactly what they'll do on both offense and defense and the games became much more realistic.

I think the ultimate trick to getting good at HOF is to plainly never give up.
thats exactly what i dont want. i dont want to be able to recognize exactly what theyre going to do. if i see a player setting a screen i shouldnt be able to run around the screen to the spot on the floor where i know he is going to end up anyway. just the same as i dont want the cpu to know what im doing at the exact same time i do it. if im playing off the ball and am trying to cut to the basket or whatever my defender should be a slight bit behind me at least. if i change directions he shouldnt change with me he should change after me. defenders should be reactive to the man theyre covering.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »