Home

I wish injuries in MC...

This is a discussion on I wish injuries in MC... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2014, 01:58 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
I wish injuries in MC...

I'm not sure if the devs anticipated this, but it's a little frustrating dealing with injuries when you're on a team that isn't very good already (raptors). In the first season after I got traded to the Raps around the 25 game mark, Lowry was already out for the season with a broken patella. So basically the team used buycks/terrence ross (vasquez was involved in the trade for me) as the main pg's through the whole season without trying to acquire another PG. (The team did however trade for two more PF's, brendon bass and andrei kirilenko, giving up 2 first round picks amir johnson and john salmons respectively for those 2).

About 6 weeks into year 2, lowry comes back. In his 2nd game back (I kid you not) he goes down again with the same injury. Out for the season. And the team still didn't acquire any PG help in the off-season, but loaded up the front court instead. My team has 5 PF's (patterson/bass/kirilenko/telonivic/elton brand) but only 1 PG (with the exception of Lowry who is still a $10 million cap hit).

Common 2k. Injuries like this just ruin the experience for the user. At least give the computer GM a little more common sense or make it so the player (user) has at least SOME control over roster moves/rotation/trading. 2 first round picks and two decent roster players for Kirilenko and Bass?? Loading up on PF's when your teams back-court is in shambles??...

////end rant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2014, 02:15 AM   #2
MVP

Re: I wish injuries in MC...

I had a similar thing with the raptors as well. I started before the rudy gay trade. But yeah, gay was out with a broken ankle(always happens on an uncontested jump shot, god knows why) derozen was out with high ankle sprain. Rudy gay came back, and one game later immediately hurt himself and was out 4 weeks. Ridiculous. It would be nice to have injury severity and injury frequency sliders available, but nope. According to 2k that's a bad idea.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:55 AM   #3
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

I'd just like injuries to occur in more realistic situations, say if a contact layup goes wrong you could get a stinger (back), head, leg or arm injury. Or when a player gets undercut jumping to contest a shot you could break an arm or wrist potentially. Continually trying to jump with stamina 3 bars or less should result in a knee, foot, or some kind of leg strain injury. Brick Wall picks should result in concussions, and many other cases depending on the legalness and strength of set pick. That would reduce the chance of BS out of nowhere and we at least see where the injury comes from. Durability should also play a part in this.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Last edited by Phreezy P; 01-25-2014 at 02:59 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:00 AM   #4
Banned

If they made the gm of the team make a sensible acquisition when a key player on your team goes down for a year+, I'd be happy with that.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by philthethrill
I'm not sure if the devs anticipated this, but it's a little frustrating dealing with injuries when you're on a team that isn't very good already (raptors). In the first season after I got traded to the Raps around the 25 game mark, Lowry was already out for the season with a broken patella. So basically the team used buycks/terrence ross (vasquez was involved in the trade for me) as the main pg's through the whole season without trying to acquire another PG. (The team did however trade for two more PF's, brendon bass and andrei kirilenko, giving up 2 first round picks amir johnson and john salmons respectively for those 2).

About 6 weeks into year 2, lowry comes back. In his 2nd game back (I kid you not) he goes down again with the same injury. Out for the season. And the team still didn't acquire any PG help in the off-season, but loaded up the front court instead. My team has 5 PF's (patterson/bass/kirilenko/telonivic/elton brand) but only 1 PG (with the exception of Lowry who is still a $10 million cap hit).

Common 2k. Injuries like this just ruin the experience for the user. At least give the computer GM a little more common sense or make it so the player (user) has at least SOME control over roster moves/rotation/trading. 2 first round picks and two decent roster players for Kirilenko and Bass?? Loading up on PF's when your teams back-court is in shambles??...

////end rant
I play for the Timberwolves and currently Kevin Love has a broken ankle and Ricky Rubio has a broken wrist...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »