Home

Sig jumpers

This is a discussion on Sig jumpers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2014, 05:49 AM   #1
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Sig jumpers

IMO this is one of the best additions to 2K in the last generation. It has taken authenticity to a whole new level.

Does anyone know how the dev team animate them? Ive seen that they hire actors to 'act' them and mo cap these actors, but Im not sure how legit this is.

We all know the many of the sigs are off. If players are brought in for facial scanning, why not get them to put up a few jumpers aswell? I have no tech knowledge, so my question is probably naive.

Also, would you like to see multiple jumper animations for players? Ive seen a few posters be in favour of it. For example, Dirk's 14 footer looks a heck of a different to his 3 ball. Should players have different animations for different ranges?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 06:03 AM   #2
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Sig jumpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Also, would you like to see multiple jumper animations for players? Ive seen a few posters be in favour of it. For example, Dirk's 14 footer looks a heck of a different to his 3 ball. Should players have different animations for different ranges?
I would love to. Like Paul Pierce had a set three point shot in 2K11. People complained about it though, sadly.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:38 AM   #3
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I would love to. Like Paul Pierce had a set three point shot in 2K11. People complained about it though, sadly.
Which is stupid since he has a set shot in real life but in 2k11 he also had the shot he has right now, only the 3s were set shots. It was realistic since it's exactly how he shoots but I can see why people complained about it.

Everything was better in 2k11 tho
Old 08-25-2014, 08:26 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I'm just glad they allow us to extensively edit the sig shots....not so good for online guys, but one of my favorite features as an offline guy. Id like to see set shots return as well...hopefully they are editable if they do.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:11 AM   #5
Rookie

Halloween's Arena

OVR: 0

They should develop a technology that caputres players likenesses of off real game footage. Pick out a moment where the cameras catch (insert sig move and NBA player here) in several angles and tag him with 'virtual mo-cap dots'.
You know the little balls on the mo cap suits that look funny.

If they could manage to do that, they'd have an unlimited, easy and fast way to create sig animations.

Imagine the possibilities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 11:45 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo_jax2000
credit to OS member RipCity71252 for the NBA.com suggestion.

go to http://www.nba.com/

click on players

choose player

go to shotcharts

move your cursor over the shotchart to choose shot location

click on the area and video (shot attempts - makes and misses) of the player shooting from that location will come up

you can also go into each individual game box score (game logs in player section) and view video (shots, free throws, rebounds, etc) from there.

also by clicking on matchup (play by play) in the game logs, you can watch video of all of the plays in each game.

http://stats.nba.com/statsVideo.html
not sure if everyone is aware of this. great source for people that want to do their own signature shot updates

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »