Home

Installing Discs and Digitally

This is a discussion on Installing Discs and Digitally within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Installing Discs and Digitally

Once you're able to get to the main menu that means it has fully installed/unpacked, correct?
Old 10-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #18
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Preloading is your friend. At midnight the game unlocked and I was free to play whatever matchup I wanted. I can dig it.
I pre-loaded, booted up the game at 11:00 pm CST on the dot. it is now 1:54 pm and I am at 29/47 gigs. there's not enough patience in the world to deal with this nonsense.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZone
Also have to remember that their are issues that are XB1 specific and issues that are PS4 specific.
That is correct, but I have seen people on both systems with the same problem Im having...I am on xbox one
Old 10-07-2014, 03:03 PM   #20
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biizz713
I pre-loaded, booted up the game at 11:00 pm CST on the dot. it is now 1:54 pm and I am at 29/47 gigs. there's not enough patience in the world to deal with this nonsense.
Wow, that sucks. I let mine download fully on Sunday.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:28 PM   #21
Rookie

I think I have a slightly different issue compared to others. I posted this in the other thread that got closed.

Long story short I pre-ordered and pre downloaded on Xbox one that I thought finished on Monday at 2pm. But it started the 47gb again at 9pm. That's not the real issue for me though, if it has to download more then I'm fine with that.

My issue now that the download is happening but it storage says it's already installed and I'm at 26% complete with the option to play now and play the Spurs/heat game. But the game crashes in less then a second back to the home screen.

I contacted Microsoft and did some trouble shooting but nothing worked. They recommend waiting for it to reach 100%. My worry is that i am going to wait all day and night for this thing to download and be extremely disappointed when it still crashes before the game starts. Just to uninstall and do the entire process all over again 😔.

And yes that was a long story shortened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 03:36 PM   #22
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Just wait and see...not sure why it crashed for you.

If the file is corrupted you'll have to reinstall but we dont know yet

The distribution of digital content is handled by MS and Sony so theyre probably looking at all of this.

I'd use a wired connection if I could for the initial download that happens, and again I'd wait til that was done before I try playing the demo.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #23
Rookie

That's what I'm worried about that the file is and all this waiting will be for nothing. And yes I am on wired connection. After I did the trouble shooting my Xbox said "there is a problem and if it happens again enter this code on Xbox.com" I did and the person helping me did not know what the code was and sent a report to their engineers. Also Xbox.com had not topics related to my code.

All this and I can't even get to the next step of issues like others who can't get to the main menu lol

#willmytimeevercome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2014, 03:50 PM   #24
Pro

FloorGeneral's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Preloading is your friend. At midnight the game unlocked and I was free to play whatever matchup I wanted. I can dig it.
Same. I think some of the ppl that pre-loaded didn't let the game fully download, which is why they're having issues. Like you, I let mine fully download on Sunday, and come 11pm (central time) last night, I was running with my Bucks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »