Home

Signature Shot Editing

This is a discussion on Signature Shot Editing within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 02:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Signature Shot Editing

Not sure what has happened with the signature shot editing screen but I think it may need to be tweaked in the next update.

The "shot form" also changes the "shot base" for the demonstration player to the right of the screen. However, when you go and play with that player, only his "form" was changed.

When you change the "shot base", you can't see any other option except for the default shot base. I mean, you can scroll through them but they all look like that player's shot base.

The inability to see the correct changes you're making essentially renders the shot-editing process useless which is a real shame.

Then there's things like Joe Johnson's demonstration shot (when I say this, I mean the Joe Johnson that is in the player editing screen) being absolutely perfect. Seriously, it's spot on. But then when you play a game with him, his sig shot is the same terrible one he's had for years now.

And how about the fact that 50% of the "shot form" options are of players taking ridiculous fadeaways. Example: John Wall. His "shot form" and "shot base" are both this terrible fadeaway that looks like it should be one of the options for "contested shot" instead of "shot form" or "shot base". When you play with Wall in an actual game, he has the same sig shot he's had since 2K14 (which I dislike but that's not the point here).

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Last edited by miller31time; 10-08-2014 at 02:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 02:32 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Signature Shot Editing

There is some weird glitch here. Best to put under bugs and glitches thread and let Ronnie 2K / the devs know. I tweeted Ronnie about this myself.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:37 AM   #3
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Our engineers are looking into this. I believe they've found the issue and have a tentative fix.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Our engineers are looking into this. I believe they've found the issue and have a tentative fix.
Thank you for looking into this. Hopefully, we'll have a resolution fairly soon.

The first week that I own the game is reserved for player editing. I can't really play the game until I have the signature style, attributes and tendencies where I like them.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:14 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller31time
Thank you for looking into this. Hopefully, we'll have a resolution fairly soon.

The first week that I own the game is reserved for player editing. I can't really play the game until I have the signature style, attributes and tendencies where I like them.
What are some of the larger discrepancies you've noticed with tendencies so far? What do you make of the 'Triple threat idol' tendency?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 03:30 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
Signature Shot Editing

Yeah, it's very broken. Even when I select a shot and go to practice mode, it's a totally different shot.

Also, why can you change the shot and base in CAP, but can't in MyCareer. Silly things.

Last edited by JYoung28; 10-09-2014 at 05:05 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:38 AM   #7
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

Yeah, I'm not getting the option to change the shot base at all... I hope they fix this very VERY soon.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:18 AM   #8
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Agreed, glad to hear they are working on this. Hopefully they can push out a fix soon, would be nice to be able to dive Ito my roster editing over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »