Home

MyPARK & JRC Have Such a Punchable Face. Top 5 Problems

This is a discussion on MyPARK & JRC Have Such a Punchable Face. Top 5 Problems within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2015, 08:54 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
MyPARK & JRC Have Such a Punchable Face. Top 5 Problems

These modes have so much potential, which is why it sucks to see the problems plague these modes more often than not.

1. Lack of basketball IQ from the players.

I know this can be fixed by building up a friends list. But not everyone has 6 months to find the 1 out 20 people at MyPark who actually have a semblance of average basketball IQ. The problem is 2K15's arcade gameplay doesn't encourage teamwork, realism or sim. Doesn't punish bad shots enough, etc etc. Even most of the supposed good players / "legends" have crappy bball iq.

2. Pure arcade, NBA-Jam, cheesy, unrealistic gameplay.
I get that it's "street", but where is it written that that must mean And1 mixtape fantasy mode. Even MyRec, the supposed "sim" park of this, looks like it's played on rookie. Shot meter doesn't help either with the cheesy shot releases, sunset boosters, etc. You like unrealism fantasy bs? Then you'll love these modes. Gameplay is still king. Quit pandering to the puberty demographic already. NBA 2K built its brand on sim.

3. Legends being able to boot people off their spot.
Seriously? Horrible idea. Great way to increase the wait times even more.

4. Waiti times
This is more of a problem in the Rec. I love the spectating part of the part of the format, but maybe there could be a dual match-making system or a shoot-around before games thing.

5? Add Yours

Last edited by KehliahoMauiFootball; 06-30-2015 at 09:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2015, 10:43 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: MyPARK & JRC Have Such a Punchable Face. Top 5 Problems

I put a much more detail list in the other thread...but here goes

- Broken Voice Chat (on PS4)

- Locked team affiliation AFTER the championship is over (should allow us to form our own "big three" bringing boost from each park to a single team)

- If Park is going to continue to be video game street ball, it needs negative impact to go along with the attribute boost (You wanna be a 3 point sharp shooter? Ok every +3 points in 3 point shooting is -1 point in Dunking) (something to that effect)

No Affiliation whats so every in the Rec (If teams werent locked to parks, the wait time would be much better)

Dont use MyRep rank as the visible badge, Use Average Teammate grade
Old 07-01-2015, 09:52 AM   #3
Banned

Dam how could I forget

#5 - Demigod cheaters 7'2 pgs. now I'm seeing like 8 foot beasts. It's at the point where I don't know if a dude's attributes are legit or not. So let's just rewind to NBA 2K11, that's the last time cheaters were rampant. So 2K15 just went 4 years in reverse as far as having a repeat of hacks / cheaters. Not good.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:46 AM   #4
Rookie

WishListGOD 1 OF 2's Arena

JRC honestly is the most stressfull mode in the game, MY WAIT/park is bad but at least to some extent your needed as player however small that is BUT JRC is at a point were SOMETIMES 4 players aren't even NEEDED. 80 points by one guy that never passes, never missing 3s 6'6 point guards with 15 rebs centers with 8. THIS is COMPLETELY UNBELIEVABLE 3 on 3 to 15 yea ok one player can dominate but 5 on 5 with legends regardless of BB IQ that are left in the dust by some guy whos playing like everybodys a rookie, leaves us speachless. We believe you are scripted to have hot games cold games LAG!!!!! BOTH MODES ARE UNPLAYABLE IF THEIR FULL OF PLAYERS AND YOUR NOT PLAYING A GAME IN THE CORNER COURTS ON A HORRIBLE CAMERA ANGLE.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:09 PM   #5
Rookie

Csmooove32's Arena

I just haven't liked this mode since it came out. It's too much of a arcade type feel. Crew mode had its problems but at least it had a more team up simulation type feel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2015, 02:29 PM   #6
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Well first and foremost they need to start being vigilant and take some action on these glitches; I don't care if it's June, July, August. I don't care if it's 3 days before 2K16 release. It's still the most current 2K basketball game.

No excuses; you're not too busy to fix your current game, you're not too stupid to figure out how to find these glitchers, you're game developers and it's your game...take action and stop playing us for fools.
How convenient that the glitch just so happened to gain attention when there's a sale on VC and you had to make a new player to do the glitch....*cough cough* VC sales.

This mode that Live was teasing which seems to be like Park/Rec/Crew might just be enough for me to buy that game too...and if it's fun enough and 2K can't get it right (again) this year? Bye bye 2K in 2017.

This game is superior if we're speaking gameplay...but the exploits that don't get addressed via patch or suspensions...the glitches year after year (since 2K10...really??!!!)...no, that just makes the other game so much more appealing if they get it right.

-Allen Iverson
Old 07-01-2015, 04:21 PM   #7
Rookie

2k Sports needs to get back to NBA simulation basketball not just for offline but for online as well. This focus on arcade modes for online the past three years is just getting really old. I know they want to make money off virtual currency, but at some point quality vs greed has to be factored in when coming up with their online modes.

For a company that used to pride themselves on NBA simulation, they have sure gone off the rails both in online modes and gameplay IMO.

Last edited by born2playball; 07-01-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:49 PM   #8
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

They just need to stop exploits like zig zagging and holding the charge button under the basket. Me and friends run cheesers off the court all the time by just playing normal basketball.

It's funny to see them get frustrated when their cheese doesn't work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »