Home

Early Post up on the break or Posting up in My Park

This is a discussion on Early Post up on the break or Posting up in My Park within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #1
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Early Post up on the break or Posting up in My Park

Early Post/Backing down ...I was wondering if there was a way to put this in the game. I couldn't find any solid video on this online from the real NBA (lol). But basically what happens is that the big some how find himself being covered by a smaller player (on the break). And then goes into post up/back down the defender. And the defender is usually at the mercy of the big. Once he catches the ball. But (in the game) usually it takes big a little longer to go into "half court mode". So posting up on the break is the last thing a CPU controlled big would do. But I wanted to ask people opinions on this.

Re posting and Re positioning... Shaq use to be the king of this. The Lakers would throw it in. And then he would touch passes it back out. Get a deeper position. And then receive the ball again. And basically turn around and shoot for a much better shot. But that doesn't happen in the game.

Spin off post for the alley oop.... I'm kind of shocked. But this has been the go to move for a lot of players who post up. Blake Griffin is more recent. When defenders try denying him the ball. He usually spins and then gets a pass back for an alley oop.

My Park or Rec Center post up players.... Is it even possible to post up in these game modes? Most of the games are usually up and down the court affairs. I was wonder what people success was like in these user controlled games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2014, 07:22 PM   #2
Pro

DurtySoufReppin's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Early Post up on the break or Posting up in My Park

I post up a lot and I'm a PG, it's a great way to protect the ball, and it's also a great way to draw in defenders, especially around the FT range. I just wish passing out of the post was better.

I play a lot like Magic Johnson as a PG.
Grizzlies
Titans
Vols
U.S. Army
Old 11-25-2014, 11:00 PM   #3
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Here is early post up.... Not exactly what I'm talking about. But close...
Old 11-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

You can definitely do it in MyPark. You can do it in MyPlayer too if you're a big.

Not sure if I've seen the computer do it. Basically on secondary fastbreak, the the first big is responsible for running straight to the rim. If he gets there fast enough, he'll have DEEP post position on someone smaller than him. IRL, this ends up in a foul almost every time.

In the game, the computer isn't smart enough to recognize the mismatch. Also, the freelance offense almost always calls for PNR during transition. The C sets a screen and the PF runs to the short corner. At least that's my experience as a PF in MyPlayer (I put PlayVision on ALL and Plays on AUTO, so I can see what the AI wants me to do).

So yeah, if you manually control a big, you can do it. If you don't, you probably won't see it. Best bet is to call Punch as soon as you see a mismatch.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

You can definitely do it in my Park & Rec, only if you have a squad (guys your familiar with). With randoms it's hard for a big to get the ball anyway especially when posting up. I've been in the Park with my big man, only to hear "cut big man, cut". Which I reply "i'm 7ft , just give me the ball while I'm posting, got my back turned, so I can go straight into a post move/shot, if I cut it will just put me in one of those bobble the ball animation for a turnover." Some dude just don't know basketball, they know video games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #6
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitolrf
You can definitely do it in my Park & Rec, only if you have a squad (guys your familiar with). With randoms it's hard for a big to get the ball anyway especially when posting up. I've been in the Park with my big man, only to hear "cut big man, cut". Which I reply "i'm 7ft , just give me the ball while I'm posting, got my back turned, so I can go straight into a post move/shot, if I cut it will just put me in one of those bobble the ball animation for a turnover." Some dude just don't know basketball, they know video games.
Haha... You sound like the reverse Da Craz lol
Old 11-26-2014, 06:19 PM   #7
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0

You can do it but there's no point. It's easier to just stand under the rim and grab boards and putback...

When you post up, everyone runs at you reaching and you just start turning the ball over..it's annoying.

-Allen Iverson
Old 11-26-2014, 08:51 PM   #8
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
You can do it but there's no point. It's easier to just stand under the rim and grab boards and putback...

When you post up, everyone runs at you reaching and you just start turning the ball over..it's annoying.
That's kind of the experience I've had.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »