Home

Ratings discussion thread (official roster)

This is a discussion on Ratings discussion thread (official roster) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-27-2015, 06:32 PM   #585
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Ratings discussion thread (official roster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I think he was joking. I think that's been the problem Rashidi. Some people post these have crack jokes about rosters. And your go post a bunch of stats next to an obvious joke post no one is taking serious.
I think you are taking me too seriously.

You're unsure if it's a joke or not and I offered a 5-second bare bones explanation.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2015, 11:53 PM   #586
MVP

Milwaukee Bucks NBA 2K15 Rating Edits
http://thereal2kinsider.blogspot.com...ing-edits.html

ROSTER
82 (0) Brandon Knight (PG/SG) - Offensive-Minded Point
79 (+1) Giannis Antetokounmpo (SF/PF) - All-Around Small Forward
78 (+2) Jabari Parker (SF/PF) - Scoring Wing
78 (+2) O.J. Mayo (SG) - Aggressive Scorer
78 (+2) Jared Dudley (SF/SG) - All-Around Small Forward
77 (-1) Larry Sanders (C) - Interior Defender
77 (+2) Khris Middleton (SF/SG) - Versatile Offensive Wing
76 (0) Zaza Pachulia (C) - Two-Way Center
75 (-1) Jerryd Bayless (PG/SG) - Offensive-Minded Point

Ilyasova and Henson will hit 500 minutes in a game or two, they'll make the cut in whatever my next update is.

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 01-27-2015 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:12 AM   #587
Rookie

SergentSandwich's Arena

OVR: 0

damn rashidi is a chef
Old 01-28-2015, 03:59 AM   #588
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitolrf
What holes did you exploit? All you did is ignore my points. Then laid down stats that was already understood, and I already stated. Wait till the man plays starter minutes against starters & see if those stats hold up. If he doesn't start for his own team how can he be better than 3rd tier, when Birdman isn't even a 2nd tier center. What, are they treating him like Gino for the Spurs, to mask his bad shot selection? NO. He doesn't start because he hasn't beat out the Birdman for that position.
You know Whiteside is starting for the Heat right? Had it not been for the 2 games he missed with a sprained ankle he would have started the last 6 including tonight. Not to mention the 2 games prior against the Clippers and Lakers where he wasnt just beating up on Spencer Hawes and Robert Sacre, he was demolishing Deandre Jordan and Jordan Hill playing with the first teams. And I'm not sure how you have bad shot selection shooting almost 70%. It's not like he has yet to beat out Birdman like you're suggesting.

-First start of his career against Andrew Bogut and the best team in the NBA in Golden State he had 10 points, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks.
-Against Sacramento, he didn't play at all in the first half because of foul trouble, but still got a couple of blocks in his only bad game of the season.
-Against OKC he was 5 for 5 in 11 minutes before spraining his ankle.
-Tonight against Milwaukee he had 16 and 16 in 36 minutes

Not to mention, that little triple double he had against Chicago was accomplished in the fewest minutes in NBA history for a triple double involving blocks.

I understand your "****** fan perspective" of wow, ESPN is making a big deal of this guy that I never heard of after a month of good games, it's probably just going to be another Linsanity. However, as Rashidi stated and I must reiterate, what the ****** fan does not grasp is that rebounding and shot blocking don't just go away man. Hes not scoring 30 points and no ones saying he's going to. He's blocking shots at a historic rate, he's rebounding the ball at a rate amongst the league's best, and he's catching and dunking everything, which are all things he's done his entire life.
The difference between when he came out of Marshall and now is that he put on 35-40 lbs of muscle and raised his level of maturity. He is, and will continue to do those 3 things. Though I don't believe he's reached his ceiling as he has a decent mid range touch, as well as good feet so I expect him to improve his limited post game.

If your main point is that he hasn't beaten out Birdman yet then well..... he did 2 weeks ago

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 01-28-2015, 07:07 AM   #589
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
You know Whiteside is starting for the Heat right? Had it not been for the 2 games he missed with a sprained ankle he would have started the last 6 including tonight. Not to mention the 2 games prior against the Clippers and Lakers where he wasnt just beating up on Spencer Hawes and Robert Sacre, he was demolishing Deandre Jordan and Jordan Hill playing with the first teams. And I'm not sure how you have bad shot selection shooting almost 70%. It's not like he has yet to beat out Birdman like you're suggesting.

-First start of his career against Andrew Bogut and the best team in the NBA in Golden State he had 10 points, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks.
-Against Sacramento, he didn't play at all in the first half because of foul trouble, but still got a couple of blocks in his only bad game of the season.
-Against OKC he was 5 for 5 in 11 minutes before spraining his ankle.
-Tonight against Milwaukee he had 16 and 16 in 36 minutes

Not to mention, that little triple double he had against Chicago was accomplished in the fewest minutes in NBA history for a triple double involving blocks.

I understand your "****** fan perspective" of wow, ESPN is making a big deal of this guy that I never heard of after a month of good games, it's probably just going to be another Linsanity. However, as Rashidi stated and I must reiterate, what the ****** fan does not grasp is that rebounding and shot blocking don't just go away man. Hes not scoring 30 points and no ones saying he's going to. He's blocking shots at a historic rate, he's rebounding the ball at a rate amongst the league's best, and he's catching and dunking everything, which are all things he's done his entire life.
The difference between when he came out of Marshall and now is that he put on 35-40 lbs of muscle and raised his level of maturity. He is, and will continue to do those 3 things. Though I don't believe he's reached his ceiling as he has a decent mid range touch, as well as good feet so I expect him to improve his limited post game.

If your main point is that he hasn't beaten out Birdman yet then well..... he did 2 weeks ago
Let's keep it basketball. Not my point & I'll say it again, wait till he plays starter minutes. I get it, believe me I do.

Finals MVP for the NBL. 25.7 points (56.4% shooting), 16.6 rebounds, 5.1 blocks, and 1.4 steals per game. Defensive Player of the Year, Center of the Year and selected to the NBL First Team. But, hey Andray Blatche & Micheal Beasley are killing over there in China.

I have NBA LP, I watch the D-League on YouTube. I work from home, games are always running in the background.

23 & 16 verse the Clippers
25 & 9 with 5blks verse Lakers
11 & 10 w/ 5blks verse the Nets

For what it's worth. He's played 19 games & had a few good games in spurts along with a few bad ones. His minutes increased, but there's not enough tape out on him yet. You say blocks & rebounding will translate, but when his game is put on notice (get early boxout position & give him a pumpfake he'll jump for anything) with game film will it continue? When he's playing 35min a night, will he stay consistent? When a 4 games & 5 nights stretch happen, will he show up? As of now he's played half the games the rest of the league has played. So let's say he's more energetic with less wear & tear.

Just seen him bounce around the D-league being signed & waived not more than a week later. So he wasn't really playing this whole time. He called every team in the league (including my Wizards) and couldn't get a workout. The Heat took a chance, because they lack size and he has everything to prove because this is probably his last shot for something more than a 10-day contract.

I been watching basketball for 30years. I've seen player's come & go. Rebounding & Block shots don't always translate (Beasley wasn't the same rebounding machine, Thabeet shot blocking didn't translate) So yeah it's like Linsanity to me. I say this, so the younger generation can relate & he's the last hyped up player who had a good string of gameplay, received a nice contract & never lived up to that contract. So let him get this season under his resume & see what happens.

I'm a Wizards fan, but I watch basketball.

Last edited by capitolrf; 01-28-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:59 PM   #590
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
I think you are taking me too seriously.

You're unsure if it's a joke or not and I offered a 5-second bare bones explanation.
Yea... You don't get it...
Old 01-28-2015, 02:31 PM   #591
MVP

Quote:
Yea... You don't get it...
As much as I luv these topics degenerating into discussions about me, do try to stick to topic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2015, 11:01 PM   #592
Rookie

Every day Langston Galloway is a 69 overall is another day I'm convinced 2K doesn't know what its doing on that front.

Quote:
I think he was joking. I think that's been the problem Rashidi. Some people post these have crack jokes about rosters. And your go post a bunch of stats next to an obvious joke post no one is taking serious.
I absolutely wasn't joking. We see this every year. Fantastic player on god awful team is worse now? Yeah obviously because the scouting report for the Knicks only has Melos name on it. Next year or the year after when he's on a good team and he does better his stats will go up. I just think it's dumb to reduce a guys stats and look at a player with blinders on.

Last edited by Logick; 01-28-2015 at 11:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »