Home

Game time.

This is a discussion on Game time. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2015, 02:21 AM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Game time.

I'm not a big NBA fan but the quality of this game just seems to be off the charts. I love role-playing games and sports games and the My Career on NBA 2K14 had me hooked... for a while. I'm thinking about getting NBA 2K16 (I might even pick up 2K15) but I'm curious as to game lengths. Do you guys that do My Career play full, 12 minute quarters? I'm all about realistic stats so I want to make sure the scores and stats are accurate.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2015, 02:37 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Game time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I'm not a big NBA fan but the quality of this game just seems to be off the charts. I love role-playing games and sports games and the My Career on NBA 2K14 had me hooked... for a while. I'm thinking about getting NBA 2K16 (I might even pick up 2K15) but I'm curious as to game lengths. Do you guys that do My Career play full, 12 minute quarters? I'm all about realistic stats so I want to make sure the scores and stats are accurate.
It depends on the team. You can sim single games now (thank jeebus!) So that helps a lot.

I tend to play rivalry games or games against "big" teams on either 10 or 12 mim quarters.

Any other game I play I usually go for 8 min quarters.

You can get realistic stats on both. The 8 min quarters usually ends up in the low 90s scoring wise. The 10 and 12 min quarters usually go well into the early hundreds (110, 120 etc). And it averages it out.

9 minutes is probably the happy medium.

If I was you I would hold off until we know more about the career mode for 2k16.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:42 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Game time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
As long as you play a decently realistic style of basketball, scores and stats will be pretty accurate on 12 minute quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »